1500 pt 5th ed Hybrid list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt 5th ed Hybrid list

Hey there, I am redesigning my list for fifth ed, any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Here we go,

HQ:
    El PR MP TA HWMT - 97 pts
    El PR FB TA HWMT - 97 pts

I find this combination of Shas'El works really well for my playing style, the Helios allows me to be more agressive and the Fireknife a little more defensive. The Helios will tend to flank one side of the board with the stealths, the Mobile FW's (normally toward some infiltrating Kroot). The Fireknife will normally hang back with the Deathrains, XV88 and bring the pain from deep.

Elites
    2 x XV8 TLMP TA - 106 pts (probably split up as seperate monats)
    5 x Stealths - 150 pts

I have always loved D'rains, at this point level I have the option of splitting them up or running them as a team, I will probably run them separate. 5 standard Stealths, I like to run 6 but it didn't work points wise, five is also a little easier move around the board.

Troops
    12 x FW's - 120 pts
    12 x FW's - 120 pts
    1 x Devilfish SMS, TA, MT, DP - 120 pts

10 Kroot - 70 pts
    10 Kroot w 7 Hounds - 112 pts

I only bought one Fish as I plan on using the PF's other one for the squad of FW's.

Fast Attack:
    8 PF's w Devilfish SMS, TA, MT, DP - 216 pts

I have always liked the Warfish over the standard D'fish. It has more offensive grunt and well, I just don't think I am ready to give up my SMS for free roaming Gun Drones just yet.

Heavy Support:
    XV88 Team Leader, TA, HWDC, Sheild Drone, Marker Drone - 130 pts

Probably a little expensive, but the marker drone gives me an extra markerlight, and the sheild drone a little extra survivability.

Hammerhear RH, TA, MT, DP - 160 pts

Standard Railhead really

Total - 1497 pts

So yeah, what do you think. To bump it up to 2000 pts the plan is to add two more D'rains, a Skyray, give the Stealths a Markerlight and maybe add two small units of Gun Drones.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tai'shar View Post
    HQ:
    El PR MP TA HWMT - 97 pts
    El PR FB TA HWMT - 97 pts
    Nice and standard. Glad to know the Helios works for you. I get mine killed too easily sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai-shar
    Elites
    2 x XV8 TLMP TA - 106 pts (probably split up as seperate monats)
    5 x Stealths - 150 pts
    Excellent, dependable choices. Running the deathrains as a pair of monats is probably what I'd do every game, even Annihilation, for the flexibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai-shar
    Troops
    12 x FW's - 120 pts
    12 x FW's - 120 pts
    1 x Devilfish SMS, TA, MT, DP - 120 pts
    You'll be squeezed for points to make it happen, but I do feel pretty strongly about shas'uis and bonding knives on all fire warrior squads. Being the only army other than Space Marines that can regroup below half strength -- and at their average LD, too -- is a great advantage to have, and I think it's worth the points every game.

Those points add up in a hurry, of course, and plenty of Tau players get by without either Shas'uis or bonding knives ... but I swear by them.

Similarly, I feel that the warfish is now too expensive for what you get in return, what with the skimmer rules nerf and the redefinition of defensive weapons in 5th edition. I prefer to stick with the drones and a multi-tracker and have 5 S5 shots while being able to move up to 12" to the more limited mobility of the warfish.

Happily, you could drop the "war" in "warfish" and get the fire warrior upgrades all at once!

Of course, YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai'shar
    10 Kroot - 70 pts
    10 Kroot w 7 Hounds - 112 pts
    Again, excellent.
    Fast Attack:
    8 PF's w Devilfish SMS, TA, MT, DP - 216 pts
    Other than my concerns regarding the warfish, what's not to like?
    Heavy Support:
    XV88 Team Leader, TA, HWDC, Sheild Drone, Marker Drone - 130 pts
    I think this is too many points to spend on a single suit. Just 30 pts more and you could instead have two XV88s, which I think is a much better buy. You don't really need the marker drone, either: this is a BS4 twin-linked railgun.

I have a love/hate relationship with broadsides. It's the Tau's most iconic, and coolest, model to me, but it's such an expensive unit to field and has just as many glaring disadvantages as obvious advantages. I think if you're going to field them, you should always take at least two so you can expect to get some work out of them.
    Hammerhear RH, TA, MT, DP - 160 pts
    I think your math is off. Assuming you took burst cannons (and noting that the targeting array is built in), a railhead with a multi-tracker and disruption pods costs 165 pts.

It's a solid list, as is. Everything I suggested just comes down to personal preference and playstyle.
    Last edited by number6; August 19th, 2008 at 17:04.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread