1000 pts friendly, but competitive! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Striving for the right Ravenscraig's Avatar
    In exile on Earth - currently in Glasgow, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

1000 pts friendly, but competitive!

Well, I do like a challenge! Having decided to put my Dark Eldar on hold until the shape of the new Codex is a bit clearer I need to get my teeth into another project. Having shedfuls of Kroot figures I thought it might be worth having a go at putting together an effective Kroot Army. Most of my games are played against similarly aged friends (for similarly aged read old) with broadly similar abilities. Whilst these are billed as friendly games they do have a competitive edge. Whilst I'm happy to sit back and shoot I also like getting stuck in, so you'll see this list has a definite combat orientation. I also know that I'm likely to be playing against Space Marines, Necrons, Tyranids and Orks, with the latter able to field 3 mobz of 30 each with a nob with PK.

I've decided to give the Army the Ork adaption since I reckon the extra 1T will be useful in HTH situations. Although I'll be going after Marines because of not taking the +1 I, I think numbers are more important in that regard, and it means Orks will only wound on 5's.

Anyway, to the list:

HQ

Master Shaper - Winged, Eviscerator, Kroothawk Totem - 103 pts

Troops

Carnivore Kindred - Shaper with Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol and Blood of the Stalker, and 13 Kroot - 203 pts x 2

Carnivore Kindred - Shaper with Eviscerator and Splinter Pistol, and 9 Kroot - 152 pts

Fast Attack

Vulture Kindred - Shaper with Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol, and 11 Kroot - 211 pts

Heavy Support

Hunter Kindred - Shaper with Auspex and 9 Kroot - 128 pts

The plan would be to infiltrate the Master Shaper to be able to hit the biggest tank on the first turn. 4 attacks, hitting automatically on side armour should be enough for most things - even Armour 14 if I'm really really lucky and if not it's goodnight for the MS!

The Vultures and the 2 larger Carnivore Kindreds will deploy with a view to getting either a first round charge or a supporting charge in round 2. The other Kindred is my Reserve!

The Hunters will plonk themselves in the best available cover (ideally a wood) and plink away with their hunting rifles.

If the mission doesn't allow infiltrate then I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Like I said, I do like a challenge!

Thoughts, views, suggestions and criticisms (constructive, naturally) will all be gratefully received.

~ Raven ~

"The choice between good and evil, is made by all who live, with every single heartbeat ... ... ..."

Quote Originally Posted by ZenGamer View Post
    Simple wording. On a forum, any forum, wording is all one has to go by to determine tone and intent.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Looks good, as far as I can see. Just a note: I always thought Kroot can ALWAYS infiltrate, even if the mission says they can't.
    Victory is achieved through mettle.
    Glory is acheived through metal.

Striving for the right Ravenscraig's Avatar
    In exile on Earth - currently in Glasgow, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Sadly, unless my Kroot Merc Codex is out of date (which I don't think it is), infiltration is still only allowed if the mission rules permit.

"The choice between good and evil, is made by all who live, with every single heartbeat ... ... ..."

Quote Originally Posted by ZenGamer View Post
    Simple wording. On a forum, any forum, wording is all one has to go by to determine tone and intent.

Victorus aut Mortis Shad0w_Reaper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenscraig View Post
    Sadly, unless my Kroot Merc Codex is out of date (which I don't think it is), infiltration is still only allowed if the mission rules permit.
    Im pretty sure all missions allow Infiltrating Pg 92 of the rulebook talks about how to deploy infiltrators in each of the 3 types of deployment.

I think your list looks good. I also think youve added up the kroot kindred wrong. The first squads should come to 178 pts each squad, not 203. (unless ive got a different codex or ive done it wrong myself lol).

IMO, I dont think the hunters will be as effective as youd like. The best you can hope for is a few rending hits everynow and then, and with lots more cover saves, its not as good as it sounds. Plus Marines and Crons have higher enough Ld to not have to worry about pinning, and orks and Nids can be mostly fearless anyway.

With that 128 points, and the points from the adding up incorrectly, you could have 3 of the 178 point squads.

Or, have a 10x kroot with 5x hounds squad.

Anyway, thats just a few things for you to think about. Have fun with the list. Peace out!

~SR~
    Space Wolves (Under Construction) | Circle of Orboros (Under Construction)

+ Reply to Thread