1750 Tau Competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Victorus aut Mortis Shad0w_Reaper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

1750 Tau Competitive

Ok so I havent really played my Tau army since 5th ed came out, so any help/advice would be great. Heres what I ahve so far:

HQ

Shas'El
    Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Targeting Array, HW Multitracker, HW Blacksun Filter
    = 100

ELITES

Crisis Suit Squad
    2x Shas 'Ui with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multitracker
    1x Team Leader with Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Targeting Array, HW Multitracker, Bonding Knife, HW Drone Controller with 2 Shield Drones
    = 236

Crisis Suit Squad
    2x Shas 'Ui with Twin Linked Missile Pod, Targeting Array
    1x Team Leader with Twin Linked Missile Pod, Targeting Array, Bonding Knife, HW Drone Controller with 2 Shield Drones
    = 199

TROOPS

Firewarrior Squad
    11x Shas 'La with Pulse Rifles
    1x Shas 'Ui with Pulse Rifle
    = 130

Devilfish Transport
    Burst Cannons, Smart Missile System, Multitracker, Targeting Array, Disruption Pods
    = 120

Firewarrior Squad
    1x Shas 'Ui with Pulse Rifle
    = 130

Devilfish Transport
    Burst Cannons, Smart Missile System, Multitracker, Targeting Array, Disruption Pods
    = 120

Firewarrior Squad
    1x Shas 'Ui with Pulse Rifle, Bonding Knife, Markerlight, HW Target Lock, HW Drone Controller with 2 Marker Drones
    = 210

HEAVY SUPPORT

Hammerhead
    Railgun, Burst Cannons, Multitracker, Target Lock, Disruption Pods
    = 170

Hammerhead
    Railgun, Burst Cannons, Multitracker, Target Lock, Disruption Pods
    = 170

Skyray
    Smart Missile System, Multitracker, Targeting Array, Disruption Pods
    = 165

TOTAL POINTS = 1750

Last edited by Shad0w_Reaper; August 20th, 2008 at 11:51.
    Space Wolves (Under Construction) | Circle of Orboros (Under Construction)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there Shadow Reaper, in all I think it is a quite nice looking list. I think it would probably do quite well in most situations.

A couple of points to consider. General consensus (which probably doesn't really count for anything but.....) is that markerlights reign supreme for the Tau in fifth ed. With their ability to up BS and (more importantly) drop cover saves, they really make us that much more deadly. I feel that only having the skyray and the two on the FW's, you probably don't have enough to really be effective. The skyray will need to use most of its hits to fire its own seekers and on average the FW's will only get one hit per turn. The fact that we can use the Pathfinders fish for FW's now makes them such a cheap option to get 8 more in the list or considering the added benefits of being able to put markerdrones on battlesuits and the mobility not being an issue anymore you could add a few more in by dropping sheild drones to markerdrones on the Deathrains for example.

I would also consider dropping one suit from each XV8 team. You could bump one into a bodyguard for your HQ and drop the other one. This would make them just a little easier to move around the board and make better use of cover. With the IC targetting rules now gone, the bodyguard becomes a nice option. Consider it three units of two rather two units of three.

hope that gave you some things to consider.

I Sincerely Want a Parrot counterwavecounter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

The Smart Fish isn't as good as it used to be because you can only fire one primary weapon on the move. It's probably better to take the 2 Gun Drones on your Devilfishes because they can fire on the move in addition to the Burst Cannon, the drawback is that they're an easy kill point if the Devilfish get's scraped.
    Last edited by counterwavecounter; August 21st, 2008 at 19:48.
    "The man in the bowler hat is Mr. Average in his anonymity. I, too, wear one; I have no great desire to stand out from the masses." - Rene Magritte

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by counterwavecounter View Post
    The Smart Fish isn't as good as it used to be because you can only fire one primary weapon on the move. It's probably better to take the 2 Gun Drones on your Devilfishes because they can fire on the move in addition to the Burst Cannon.
    The Warfish can fire both on the move as long as it moves no more than 6", as the Multitracker lets it count as a "fast" vehicle, thus up to 6" is considered stationary for firing weapons.

+ Reply to Thread