3k unbeatable nid list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3k unbeatable nid list

HQ
    9 warriors
    Deathspitters
    Barbed strangler
    Toxin sacs

9 warriors
    Deathspitters
    Barbed stranglers
    Toxin sacs

Elite
    9 warriors
    Deathspitters
    Barbed strangler
    Toxin sacs

9 warriors
    Deathspitters
    Barbed strangler
    Toxin sacs

9 warriors
    Deathspitters
    Barbed strangler
    Toxin sacs

Fast Attack
    9 warriors
    Wings
    Scything talons
    Rending Claws
    Toxin sacs

9 warriors
    Wings
    Scything talons
    Rending Claws
    Toxin sacs

9 warriors
    Wings
    Scything talons
    Rending Claws
    Toxin sacs

Troops
    18 gaunts
    Fleshborers
    Without number

18 gaunts
    Fleshborers
    Without number

18 gaunts
    Fleshborers
    Without number

18 gaunts
    Fleshborers
    Without number

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

I think you would get destroyed by a multi monolith or a land raider crusader list. It doesn't really even matter what else is on the table. They put out enough shots and can camp on objectives so that you can't take any and you can't kill them. Against most troop heavy lists your are right that you are going to be tough, but against anti infantry vehicles you are going to struggle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

I don't see how this is unbeatable? You have almost no anti tank, some decent combat troops, and a very low model count (especially at 3000 points) of very fragile troops. Shooty armies could just sit back and rip your warriors to shreads and then reposition so you dont get into range, Vehicle heavy armies would just stomp all over you, it might to decent against slow moving CC armies.

The only thing that I can see this list doing decently against is maybe a drop pod army.

Find a way to get from sniper fexs in, and at 3000 points you'll want alot of troops, 4 squads of 18 gaunts dont cut it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shooty armies got nothing on my 3 flying units and vechile armies i can beat because of 5th edition only troops can score and i will destroy n e troop choice. Monoliths wont be a problem because of how easy warriors are going to go down, and space marines have no chance of surviving 40 death spitters, 5 barbed stranglers, and 27 close combat warriors. With the numbers rule with my gaunts, no matter how many times u kill them they will b back to reclaim those objectives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Until you face a smart opponent especially Tau who will simply rip the Warriors to shreds leaving your Gaunts to run off the table over and over again and not be able to score. Your units have no easy way of surviving. Even making them all have cover won't necesarily save you as again, the enemy just focuses tons of shots on the Warriors and everything falls apart. As a sometime player of Daemons and someone who face Tau, SM, and CSM alot I would say that if I ran this list my friends would laugh and rip the Warriors into pieces by denying their armor saves and overriding their cover through flamers or just masses of shots.

At 3K I don't think this list would do well even in casual. You just don't have enough firepower, models, or wounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not enough fire power? are you kiding me? 40 deathspitters and 5 barbed stranglers? how is all blast weapons (40 of them being str 6 at that) not enough fire power? I have to say this army is a contender for the perfect balance for good-ness and fun to play. Something like an all terminator army would be. Every army has a weakness but who would even expect this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Yes you have plenty of guns but they are being touted by T4 weenies with a poor save. Against Orks your Warriors will be overwhelmed by wounds. Against almost any other army they will be simply be shot to death with no save.

Sure you have lots of templates but they only hit where you want them to about 1/3 of the time. Also you aren't denying saves to anything so SM will shrug off 2/3 of what you wound with.

Finally although I'm unsure right now I believe you need 5's to even glance the basic troop carrying transport the rhino from the front. And need I remind you that if you take it as a dedicated transport it counts as a troop unit?

Overall your units are just too squishy to stay alive for very long. Also I just noticed that your non-fast attack warriors appear to only have one weapon except for the one with the BS. Unless of course they have two Deathspitters which, frankly, still leaves me unimpressed with your list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Squeakypig View Post
    HQ
    9 warriors
    Deathspitters
    Barbed strangler
    Toxin sacs

9 warriors
    Deathspitters
    Barbed stranglers
    Toxin sacs

Elite
    9 warriors
    Deathspitters
    Barbed strangler
    Toxin sacs

9 warriors
    Deathspitters
    Barbed strangler
    Toxin sacs

9 warriors
    Deathspitters
    Barbed strangler
    Toxin sacs

Fast Attack
    9 warriors
    Wings
    Scything talons
    Rending Claws
    Toxin sacs

9 warriors
    Wings
    Scything talons
    Rending Claws
    Toxin sacs

9 warriors
    Wings
    Scything talons
    Rending Claws
    Toxin sacs

warriors are really fragile, and dont have enough anything. no fire power (the striength on them wont be enough to kill anything), will take a while to get in to close combat (unless the have wings), and the save is not the best you could have.

Troops
    18 gaunts
    Fleshborers
    Without number

18 gaunts
    Fleshborers
    Without number

18 gaunts
    Fleshborers
    Without number

18 gaunts
    Fleshborers
    Without number
    I have to say, this army wont win anything unless there is new codex coming out with a lot of new rules. the numbers are low (for a 3K game) and all of your troops are very fragile. no anti-tank, and killing troops would be a lot easier with a sniperfex. I would advise to try again at the list with a veriaty of diffrent....creatures.
    Quote of the Week (Number 3) - "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo (1863-1941)
    Ruina's Hive - My personal Blog

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

Most ultra competitive 2,000 point lists would stomp this, for all the reasons mentioned.

It does not seem like you are looking for advice, since you've been defensive and YOUR LIST IS UNBEATABLE, so I won't offer much, but ...
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but just like a different post by Shadowblademafia posting about a 9 troll lord of the rings army, this army is very unexpected, very indimadating, very expensive, and very fun to play. And really the winner is the person who had the most fun and personally, i dont have to win to have fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast