Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Okay, another armylist, this time it will be the final one (hopefully). Bear in mind with the boyz I have a squad of 12 and 18 and not two of 15 or 20 and 10 because 15 dont fit in one trukk, but I will get the fearless rule because the squad has 11 or more orks in it
Cybork Body, Power Klaw, Twin-linked shoota
Cybork Body, Power Klaw, Twin-linked shoota
Cybork bodies, trukk, ram
Twin-linked Rokkit Launchas
Twin-linked Rokkit Launchas
Yeh, thats it basically, is it possible to fit in 10 more boyz with nob, power klaw, big shoota, etc with 100 points INCLUDING the trukks? I wouldnt of thought you could bearing in mind the trukks are like how much with rams?
I actually wrote an army list called the $90 blackreach special, which is similar to your list here. Your list looks pretty good, but there's a few things I'd change:
1. I'd spend the extra few points and give a warboss 'eavy armor. For points, I'd actually cut out one of the two warbosses. You'll need the points for the nobz. I wouldn't use more than one HQ in an ork army in anything less than 1500 points.
2. The nobz can't take cybork bodies without a painboy, so I'd play one of the boyz as a painboy. You don't need a painboy figure, just paint one of them a little differently (white with red splatters, that sort of thing). They also need 2-3 powerklaws in the unit, a wauughh banner and a bosspole. Without these things, there's no real point in using them. Good call on the trukk, they'll definitely need it. Nobz on foot never last long.
3. The 28 boyz on foot and trukkboyz both need a nob with a powerklaw and bosspole. The boyz in the trukks should definitely have sluggas, but the boyz on foot can be either slugga or shoota. If they're slugga boyz, then they'll be fine with the nob, pk and bosspole. If they're shoota boyz, then I'd give them 2 big shootas, to help against skimmers, rhinos and such. You can also give them to slugga boyz, if you like. It looks like you're planning to attach the warbosses, which isn't bad, but they're no replacement for nobz, since they can be singled out and killed early.
4. I wouldn't field 3 deffkoptas in a unit. If they lose one kopta, they'll have to take a panic check, and they'll only have a 58% chance of making it. Instead, I'd use 5 deffkoptas in one unit, and possibly also a single deffkopta by himself as a second unit. You might also want to consider just using big shootas, to keep their cost down. Also, if you outflank with them and aim for back armor of vehicles, the big shootas are about as good as rokkits anyway. Of course, a rokkit will do more against troops and are more likely to get a penetrating hit, so it's up to you if they're worth the cost.
Here's how I'd play this army list:
Warboss w/powerklaw, 'eavy armor, cybork  (attach to unit of trukkboyz)
8 Nobz w/2 powerklaws, painboy, cybork, wauugh banner, bosspole, trukk, ram 
11 boyz in trukk w/nob, powerklaw, bosspole, ram 
30 Slugga boyz w/nob, powerklaw, bosspole, 3 big shootas 
5 Deffkoptas w/big shootas 
In any case, good luck!
Last edited by mynameisgrax; August 22nd, 2008 at 14:05. Reason: forgot one thing
I heard that bikers are good because of the cover save... but I do want the trukks.
Bosspoles make you kill an ork to re roll a leadership test...
Also you don't get nobz with the boyz squads in the box.
I'm keeping the 12 in the Trukk and 28 not in a trukk, mainly because I get 40 in the box, not 41... I was going to substitute a trukk for another boy squad, WITH a nob and PK.
I heard you also say something about wreckerballs are bad? for 10 points its str 9 dude... thats like a tank wiped out. thinking of 1 trukk for the nobz and footslog 50 boyz.
Yes, using the bosspole costs you a boy (unless you get the 6+ armor save), but you'd be losing the whole unit anyway. You don't use the bosspole until after you fail the leadership check, and I can't remember ever seeing an ork unit regroup after being broken. In close combat, you're probably not even going to successfully escape. Their leadership is too low, they're usually below 50% when they break (so they can't regroup), and they're easy to shoot down afterwards.
It's like an airbag. Yes, it'll probably break your nose, but in a violent car crash, the next best alternative is a horrible neck injury, or even death. Use the bosspole. Trust me.
Wrecking balls can be great on the right vehicle (although dethrollas seem better for battlewagons), but I'm not so sure about using them on a trukk. I'd have to try it. It seems to easy to destroy the trukk to make a 50/50 chance of a strength 9 hit worth it, especially since it doesn't ignore armor saves. All it's really good for is fighting tanks. If you think it's worth it, then give it a shot.
For 100 points left, I was suggested at the local GW store to take a boy squad with nob and a trukk for the nobz, is this a good idea? an ork player said 40 boyz is no where near enough for 1000 points.
It's only 40 if you don't count the nobz, which are troops since you have the warboss.
With 4th edition you could go by model count (as in '40 boyz in the army isn't enough), but with 5th edition you have to go by troop choices.
40 boyz split into 2 groups of 20 footsloggers wouldn't be enough. However, a unit of 28 boyz with a nob/powerklaw/bosspole, a unit of 12 boyz in a trukk, and a unit of 10 nobz in a trukk is three troop choices, and nothing to sneeze at.
100 points isn't enough for a unit of boyz that will survive long enough to do anything. The bare minimum is 20 slugga boyz with a nob, powerklaw and bosspole for 160 points, or 12 slugga boyz in a trukk with a nob, powerklaw and bosspole for 147 points. Anything less wouldn't be effective at all. I'd rather run 27 grotts and 2 runtherders than 10 boyz with a nob, on foot.
The best thing you can do is try and squeeze a fourth troop choice into the army, and the only way to really do it is by cutting out just about anything that isn't a troop, or by adding grots (simply as a screen, or to grab objectives). 1 unit of 30 boyz and 3 squads of trukk boyz could work (that'd be around 670-700 points by themselves), or 2 units of 30 boyz and 2 trukks [that'd be around 740-770], or just 3 units of 30 boyz [660-700] points. Or 12-16 grots with a rutherder would cost about nothing.
It's up to you what you want to do, but be sure to count the nobz as troop choices, and don't count 'number of models'. Count 'number of troop choices'. Just be sure each unit of boyz is either 12 in a trukk, 20-30 on foot, or a nob.
Last edited by mynameisgrax; August 22nd, 2008 at 20:05. Reason: damn smilies
Thanks Grax, your a good man helping people who need advice
Also, I realised Grot blasters arn't good, so I should use them for a meatshield just like alot of people use eldar guardians as cannon fodder? Leadership for grots... terrible... WS... terrible... Str... Terrible... I just can't see them helping me to win?
Lost my first game ever today... to Orks... I was using my almighty unbeaten untill today Khorne Chaos Army
Anyway, grots are indeed just cannon fodder, and fulfill basically the same role as eldar guardians or conscripts, only without the special weapons to make them marginally useful. Grots are only good for three things:
1. Tying up opponents in close combat, so they can't do anything else (this only works in some situations).
2. Standing in front, as a meat shield, giving the boyz behind them a 4+ cover save.
3. Grabbing objectives at the last minute. I like holding some grots in reserve, specifically for this purpose.
They aren't bad as a cheap 46-58 point unit, but I wouldn't invest any more in them than that.