1000 point tournament gunboat list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

1000 point tournament gunboat list

Soon I'll be playing a 1000 point tournament and so many lists are flying around in my head and I'm not sure what to take as DE at 1000 points is quite a difficult army (read I can't use a WWP at this points level)

The list I'm favouring is such:

HQ
    Dracon w/agoniser, sp and pg - 58

TROOPS
    Raider squad - 105
    5 men w/dark lance
    Raider

Raider squad - 105
    5 men w/dark lance
    Raider

Raider squad - 162
    8 men w/Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Sybrite w/Agoniser pg
    Raider

Warrior squad - 138
    10 men w/2 Splinter Cannons, 2 Blasters, Sybrite w/Agoniser pg

Warrior squad - 138
    10 men w/2 Splinter Cannons, 2 Blasters, Sybrite w/Agoniser pg

HEAVY
    Ravager - 120
    3 Disintergrators

Ravager - 120
    3 Disintergrators

This totals 944. So with the extra points I was thinking of putting night shields on the ravagers and Horrorfex's on the raiders which will bring the points out to 999.

My Idea is to use the warriors as super boats and 1 regular boat and zoom around the battlefield spitting SC and blaster death. Although I'll probably have to be hopping out to deploy in cover all the time (so i can move more than 6" as it is too restricting).

To cap objectives my plan is to try to make a last gasp for most of them. Use my speed to my advantage and drag the enemy away from the objectives until the last turn or two and my a last ditch effort to take some for myself and then use the raiders (or ravagers) as denial units.

In KP's just close my eyes and hope for the best....

Another list I was thinking about can be found here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-jetbikes.html
    This is a much slower list that will have to use the reavers as objective denial units. But it is powerful (if not just a bit slow with both bikes and Taloi)

Critiques and comments welcome (including if i should use the other list in your opinions)

Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

159 (x5)

bump.

No comments? So its perfect then?
    Dear Game Developer,
    Signed Scissors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

curious you why you are fielding splinter cannons instead of dark lances in the warrior squads? wouldnt the lances fair better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

For something different Splata have you thought about throwing around some horrofexes on the raiders with the new blast rules I have fallen in love with those things again.
    There is nothing more annoying when your Wyches with Plasma Grenades get "Always strikes First" for their combat drugs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

159 (x5)

I have been tempted to do this malkieth even though I have neveer really used them before...

In this tournament I know that SM are currently the most represented. A couple of demon players are featured, 1 Ork and 1 Chaos so far. The horrorfexes should be good once I damage the ork squads a little bit and are always fun vs marines. Oh, what? you can't move/shoot/do anything any more?

I'd really like to see our army go down this type of path. Seems so... us.

Cadian: I have 5 dark lances and 5 blasters currently. In 1K I think that should be enough to dismember most pieces of armour and MC's. The splinter cannons are also very necessary as they are my anti-horde device. They kick out a lot of shots that will destroy weaker squads with much more ferocity and anyway worst come to worst each SC squad has a blaster or two and an agoniser so I should be able to take out the tough troops as well.

I'm still quite scared of the first turn and actually having to face off against a shooty ork or nid list. They might be quite bad for my health.

Should I think about putting a couple more bodies in the mini sniper squads to make them scoring and shootier for longer (ie. not dead)? This would mean removing night shields or something although currently i'm not sold how effective night shields are as most anti ravager weapons have a longer range than my range + nght shields range (36"+6" = 42")
    Dear Game Developer,
    Signed Scissors.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

I think the list is pretty solid to be honest, more bodies in min snipers rarely make a difference as few people pay them a blind bit of notice. In addition I find there are quite a few weapons that night shields are useful agains twhen you can afford them (heavy bolters are range 36 right?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

As I have pretty much said it is a solid list, I would say though try and play around with the fexes and see how you go with them in the list as they might add a little to your list.
    There is nothing more annoying when your Wyches with Plasma Grenades get "Always strikes First" for their combat drugs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

The horrofex is good as long as you don't depend on it for protection. Even with the axtra firepower of a super boat, you're going to want to get off those Raiders as soon as you can. Either charge or find cover to shoot from once you do.

Alternative to night shields might be another Dracon as listed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

159 (x5)

Thank you all for your input the list I will be using this next weekend will be as above with night shields on the ravagers and Horrorfex's on the raiders.

For the record, I won't be using the rule that horrorfex's can pin fearless units because it says that the fearless unit becomes "pinned" and as the fearless units don't take tests to become pinned I see it as a bit of a hack around the rule (don't want to start an arguement about it in this thread, just stating my intentions and why).

Thank you all and I will report how it all goes.
    Dear Game Developer,
    Signed Scissors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

I feel that against Marines, we're better off in CC. Against Daemons, I think the zooming around and shooting well work absolutely great. Nids is iffy, depending on how many MCs are hanging around/ how shooty they are. Orks, too, a strong Loota firebase crushes Raider lists, but not much you can do about that.

Strong list, good luck!

-Dark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast