[2500 Pts]Dark Eldar(Tournament) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

[2500 Pts]Dark Eldar(Tournament)

ah my pointy eared masters and mistresses I have come to embrace the true believers. But alas now I need assistance from my fellows:
    how to arrange my pirates so that I mightcrush my enemies under my foot with an unsportsmanlike disregard for their chances at survival...I'm attending Ard Boys on the 13th and would like to be ready since everyone in my area is highly competetive.

With this list mainly I need Excellent setup, and have enough firepower to turn cannons on one target at a time until its dead, starting with vehicles, and then moving to high strength weapons. then to troops.

HQ:
    1 Dracon: Animus Vitae, Nightmare Doll, Shadow Field, Trophy Rack
    Retinue: 6 Warriors (Dark Lancex2) Raider [Disintegrator, Nightshields]
    1 Dracon: Webway Portal, Trophy Rack
    Elite:
    8 Wyches: (Blasters x2), Raider [Nightshields]
    Succubus [Trophy Rack]
    Succubus [Trophy Rack]
    10 Mandrakes
    Troops:
    8 Raider Squad: Dark Lance, Raider [Nightshields]
    Sybarite [Trophy Rack, Terrorfex]
    Fast Attack:
    3 Reaver Jetbikes: (Blastersx2)
    Heavy:
    1 Ravager: (+1 Disintegrator)

Last edited by DJinni; August 23rd, 2008 at 03:59.
    Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by DJinni View Post
    ah my pointy eared masters and mistresses I have come to embrace the true believers. But alas now I need assistance from my fellows:
    how to arrange my pirates so that I mightcrush my enemies under my foot with an unsportsmanlike disregard for their chances at survival...I'm attending Ard Boys on the 13th and would like to be ready since everyone in my area is highly competetive.

With this list mainly I need Excellent setup, and have enough firepower to turn cannons on one target at a time until its dead, starting with vehicles, and then moving to high strength weapons. then to troops.
    I'm guessing you're new to the True Kindred based on this part of the post. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here. With the idea that this is an 'ard boys tournament in mind, let's get to the list.

HQ:
    Huh. You're probably better off splitting this group up a little. The dracon is a beastly close combat unit, but he's paired off with a ranged combat unit. Either swtich up the retinue, or field a much cheaper lord.

Why the nightshields on all of the raiders? Keep them cheap. Speaking of which, you do understand that the codex specifies that lords come equipped with absolutely nothing. Not even close combat weapons, if memory serves. At least fork out a single point for a splinter pistol. Also, why add dark lances here? This squad is raider mounted, meaning mobile. That does not serve the purpose of having dark lances here. Either drop the lances or the raider. The portal doesn't need to have a raider deliver it.

Elite:
    Succubus [Trophy Rack]
    Succubus [Trophy Rack]
    Again, the night shields are not really necessary. Also, the succubi need some sort of special weaponry. Right now, your wych squads have little to no killing power. Adding in agonizers would change this. It's also highly advisable to have wych weapons and plasma grenades.

10 Mandrakes
    With the rest of your army being so mobile, and in a portal, what purpose are they serving?

Troops:
    Here's the meat of your list. None of these raiders need nightshields. And if you're going to be pinning things, I'd put horrofexes on the raiders and take off the terrorfexes. This is also the part of the list where most of your horde killing power can come from. You're better off using splinter cannons and blasters/shredders in this part of the list. I'd personally back them up with sybarites with poison blades or something similar.

Fast Attack:
    Purpose? Even with the above revisions made, you've got plenty of anti-tank power. Adding more is just diluting your effectiveness in other areas. I'd drop at least one, and bulk up the other two with succubi and punishers.

Heavy:
    I'd toss in an extra disentagrater and a horrorfex on each. Here's where the night shields should be, if you're going to use them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

yep brand new still wet behind the ears
    The Dracon is the cheapest lord choice I could field, I took the raiders for the objective based scenarios (and transport upgrades not giving kill points). the night shields is because I wanted to keep the vehicles as far from the enemy, the +6" should help keep me out of range for all but the tank busters. also since 5th favors shooting instead of assault I was trying to keep everyone out of assault backing up the shooties with one assault oriented person just in case.
    no I didn't realize the lord is nekkid...hrm....gives me some conversion ideas.
    the plethora of dark lances int eh army is to make sure no vehicles survive, the tau player has tons of vehicles. the monolith is impossible to destroy, and the land raiders keep hiding behind buildings to get the 4+
    not giving the wyches weapons was an oversite I meant to.
    the terror fexes on my troops were to stop people from assaulting when they get too close since it can even make fearless go to ground. I wanted it on the squad instead of the raider in case the raider needs to get going. although the split fire ability would be more advantageous.
    the reavers were less for antitank and more for instant death on toughness 4 characters, get just inside 12" shoot the commander, and then backpedal in the assault phase.

ont eh ravagers the horrorfex not having a strength, would let me still fire them on 12" move, I think I'll run with it, and night shields were an oversight on these as well have to shuffle my points to make sure I can add them here.
    I only had one disintegrator, I'm not sure I can keep them only moving 6" each turn I figured first two turns would be 6" but the rest of the game would most likely be 12" to keep out of enemy assaults (and keep the 6+ to hit if I'm not out of range)

Slave snares for the raiders?
    Last edited by DJinni; August 24th, 2008 at 00:42.
    Dear Game Designer,
    Signed,
    Scissors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

HQ:
    Elite:
    Succubus [Trophy Rack]
    Succubus [Trophy Rack]
    10 Mandrakes
    Troops:
    Fast Attack:
    Heavy:
    In agreeance with mongooseo with most things. But I'm going to add my own comments.

First up we need to know your tactics. If your going to be running a WWP list then we need to know what you are storing in the portal and what you are not. With portal lists I find this is about as tactical as you have to get with an army description because how you play is entirely dependant on how the enemy has reacted in the first two turns.

HQ choices:
    Mongooseo is correct, you will never use your dark lances. You can't fire them when the raider moves so unless you are going to use the raider as a static gun boat then what oyu have is of no use.
    I would highly recommend Incubi at this point level. You will be finding a lot of high ranking, high pointed units that incubi will really be able to sink their teeth into and make mince out of.... hang a tick... did you even look at the armoury section of our illustrius codex? you don't have weapons on anyone.
    YOU NEED WEAPONS ON ALL AVAILABLE SYBRITES, SUCCUBUSES AND LEADERS. THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
    I would recommend having the lord with the WWP having hte shadow field as this guy must surrvive so that he can place the WWP.
    Nightmare doll, great. Can be very useful, but if your going to use it then don't pump up the lord too much. He is good when he is cheap if he is goign to die so easily.

ELITE:
    10 Mandrakes at this point level, go for it. They will cause confusion and a wasted 150 points is not all that much if they cause some confusion. Makes for a fun list too

Wyches need Agonisers. Agonisers. Agonisers. Agonisers. Agonisers. Agonisers.
    Nightshields. Really not great because you are going to be aiming to get close to the enemy very quickly and these will just become useless very quickly. Also think about what is goign to gbe taking down your raiders and then think about what that weapon's range is. Now are night shields goign to make much of a difference.
    Ok they are cheap ish but the points could be spent on Agonisers.

TROOPS:
    You need some anti hoard. There will be Ork players and they will love you for not having SC's. really really will. You will be an entirely static force when you are shooting and they will relish the chance to eat you. A blaster is a mobile dark lance. Just as good and has an effective range on 12"+2"+0.95"+12" = 26.95"s. It is a great weapon that can be used in conjunctin with your rifles and SC's perfectly. And you may be gettting the picture but... Agonisers.

FAST ATTACK:
    Not bad. You have a lot of AT already, but these don't really go astray. Having said this I wouldn't shy away from putting punishers on them and making them s5 heavy support unit killers. Although leaving them with blasters could work too.

HEAVY:
    You want at least one more dissie on each of these. I would go with 2. They make great anti everything units that attract a lot of fire. Night shields could be useful here and with the amount of fire they attract it could keep you alive for one more shot so I say give them a go.

Good luck with the list building I hope i helped

EDIT: pipped at the post. nod modifying my comments based on what DJinni just said. Most of what I said I feel still stands. PS i like your sig... looks familiar
    Last edited by Splata; August 24th, 2008 at 00:59.
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

I'm used to nids and necrons, completely different feel from teh dark elves but I want to throw everyone for a loop at the tourney since I know everyone there.

the webway portal is specifically just for the annihilation scenario so that everything forced to not be on the table comes in at the half the board mark instead of the board edge.
    can't fire the dark lances? thought that the troops on the boat could still fire just like the raider? (also the units are planning ton being Disembarked as soon as I get a good position for them (objectives etc...)

ha ha that's mah sig! gimme back mah sig! X'D
    Dear Game Designer,
    Signed,
    Scissors

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

The Dracon is the cheapest lord choice I could field
    Wrong. Haemonculi. For 45 points, you have a unit that is able to support the dark lance squad, carry the webway portal, and is excellent at short ranges against anything up to and including MEQs.

the terror fexes on my troops were to stop people from assaulting when they get too close since it can even make fearless go to ground. I wanted it on the squad instead of the raider in case the raider needs to get going. although the split fire ability would be more advantageous.
    You'll likely be better off putting them on the raiders. They have a longer range. If something is within 12", you can't guarentee that you'll pin it and if you don't pin it, it's still within charge range.

the reavers were less for antitank and more for instant death on toughness 4 characters, get just inside 12" shoot the commander, and then backpedal in the assault phase.
    All the more reason to put in succubi with S5 punishers. As long as you're going to get that close, you might as well use CC as a shield.

ont eh ravagers the horrorfex not having a strength, would let me still fire them on 12" move, I think I'll run with it, and night shields were an oversight on these as well have to shuffle my points to make sure I can add them here.
    I only had one disintegrator, I'm not sure I can keep them only moving 6" each turn I figured first two turns would be 6" but the rest of the game would most likely be 12" to keep out of enemy assaults (and keep the 6+ to hit if I'm not out of range)

Slave snares for the raiders?
    Possibly. I'd still like to see disentagraters on them. Paired off with a horrorfex, you have a decent anti-infantry platform that can still take on tanks.

I'm used to nids and necrons, completely different feel from teh dark elves but I want to throw everyone for a loop at the tourney since I know everyone there.
    Put splinter cannons on your warrior squads. It's that simple. They have excellent horde killing power and decent anti MEQ capability.

the webway portal is specifically just for the annihilation scenario so that everything forced to not be on the table comes in at the half the board mark instead of the board edge.
    can't fire the dark lances? thought that the troops on the boat could still fire just like the raider? (also the units are planning ton being Disembarked as soon as I get a good position for them (objectives etc...)
    Nope. Dark lances are heavy weaponry. That means that when your raider moves, you're not shooting with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Mongooseo View Post
    Wrong. Haemonculi. For 45 points, you have a unit that is able to support the dark lance squad, carry the webway portal, and is excellent at short ranges against anything up to and including MEQs.
    isn't the dracon 35 points? and he gets the cheapest retinue
    Nope. Dark lances are heavy weaponry. That means that when your raider moves, you're not shooting with them.
    but if I'm on a vehicle I use the standard firing rules for the vehicle (ie fast skimmer) move 6" shoot everything.

okay revised list below,

HQ:
    1 Dracon: [Poison blades, Power Weapon, Animus Vitae, Nightmare Doll, Trophy Rack] (260)
    Retinue: 7 Warriors (Dark Lance x2) Raider [Disintegrator, Horrorfex, Slave Snares]
    1 Haemonculi: [Reaver Jetbike, Stinger, Scissorhand, Tormentor helm, Shadowfield, Trophy Rack, Archangel of Pain, Hell Mask] (115)

Elite:
    8 Wyches: (Blasters x2, Wych Weapons, Plasma Grenades, Haywire Grenades), Raider [Horrorfex] (203)
    Succubus [Poison Blades, Wych Weapons, Trophy Rack, Tormentor Helm, Goblet of Spite]
    8 Wyches: (Blasters x2, Wych Weapons, Plasma Grenades, Haywire Grenades), Raider [Horrorfex] (203)
    Succubus [Poison Blades, Wych Weapons, Trophy Rack, Tormentor Helm, Goblet of Spite]
    Troops:
    8 Raider Squad: Dark Lance, Shredder, Raider [Horrorfex] (170)
    Sybarite [Trophy Rack, Poison Blades, Plasma Grenades]
    8 Raider Squad: Dark Lance, Blaster, Raider [Horrorfex] (165)
    8 Raider Squad: Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Raider [Horrorfex] (165)
    Sybarite [Trophy Rack, Agonizer, Poison Blades, Plasma Grenades]

Fast Attack:
    3 Reaver Jetbikes: (Blastersx2) (166)
    Succubus [Goblet of Spite, Agonizer, Splinter Pistol, Trophy Rack]
    4 Reaver Jetbikes: (Blastersx2) (191)
    Heavy:
    1 Ravager: [+2 Disintegrator, Horrorfex, Nightshields] (140)
    1 Ravager: [+1 Disintegrator, Horrorfex, Nightshields] (135)
    Dear Game Designer,
    Signed,
    Scissors

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

After seeing the 'Ard Boyz scenarios I had to change my DE list alot, here are some recommended changes.

HQ:
    1 Dracon: [Poison blades, Power Weapon, Animus Vitae, Nightmare Doll, Trophy Rack] (260)
    Retinue: 7 Warriors (Dark Lance x2) Raider [Disintegrator, Horrorfex, Slave Snares]

the dark lances really need to be else where, your lord should be running full speed at the enemy. Splinter cannons are way better in this situation.

1 Haemonculi: [Reaver Jetbike, Stinger, Scissorhand, Tormentor helm, Shadowfield, Trophy Rack, Archangel of Pain, Hell Mask] (115)

I love Haemie's, and mainly for the destructors, AP D6 flamer that cant be beat. Gotta love killing termies with a flamer, I would recommend dropping the stinger and AoP and adding the destructor. Also since the scissorhand counts as 2 close combat weapons, you dont get any bonus from the Tormentor helm.

Elite:

Goblet of Spite is an arcane item so you can only have 1 in an army, plus they tend to get you hit more often as they allow the enemy to hit you on 3+ as well. And honestly Succubus' should NEVER be fielded without agonisers, period. Also giving the entire squad haywire grenades seems prohibitavely expensive, I usually just give them to the sybarite if anyone gets them at all.

Troops:
    8 Raider Squad: Dark Lance, Blaster, Raider [Horrorfex] (165)

Fast Attack:
    3 Reaver Jetbikes: (Blastersx2) (166)
    4 Reaver Jetbikes: (Blastersx2) (191)

Again, you can only ever have 1 goblet of spite, and here the agonizers may be misplaced. 3-4 models is to small to be a good assualt unit. If you combined the 2 into one squad then you would have something worth throwing into assault.

Heavy:
    1 Ravager: [+1 Disintegrator, Horrorfex, Nightshields] (135)[/quote]

I just recently started running 3 ravagers and I can't imagine not running them with 3 dissie's each. With the new rules I have murdered numerous squads in short order with them. And since they should remain at range to get benefit of nightshields, horrefexs aren't necessary

+ Reply to Thread