[2500] Necrons ('Ard boyz) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

[2500] Necrons ('Ard boyz)

Another Army list Idea for Ard boyz.
    the main tactic is to keep the small units on my objectives and the two large units teleporting via the monoliths, the tomb spyders are going to take cover behind the monoliths to give the warriors the repairing ability of the spyders.
    I'm planning on only fielding one monolith and deep striking the second, along with a large unit teleporting out of it from reserves. (sadly that's all the warriors I have, I wanted more ) I only have 10 immortals or I would be taking 3 units of them.
    I can prolly get a few more models ready for the big game in time, I'm just not exactly sure what to field (new to necrons)

HQ:
    oh lemme think golly sooooooo many choices....
    Lord [Warscythe, Rez orb, Veil of Darkness] (210)
    Lord [Warscythe, Rez Orb, Destroyer Body, Phase Shifter] (210)
    Troop:
    20 Warriors
    20 Warriors
    15 warriors
    15 warriors
    Fast Attack:
    4 Destroyers
    3 Wraiths
    Heavy:
    Monolith
    Monolith
    2 Tomb Spyders

Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by DJinni View Post
    Another Army list Idea for Ard boyz.
    the main tactic is to keep the small units on my objectives and the two large units teleporting via the monoliths, the tomb spyders are going to take cover behind the monoliths to give the warriors the repairing ability of the spyders.
    I'm planning on only fielding one monolith and deep striking the second, along with a large unit teleporting out of it from reserves. (sadly that's all the warriors I have, I wanted more ) I only have 10 immortals or I would be taking 3 units of them.
    I can prolly get a few more models ready for the big game in time, I'm just not exactly sure what to field (new to necrons)

HQ:
    oh lemme think golly sooooooo many choices....
    Lord [Warscythe, Rez Orb, Destroyer Body, Phase Shifter] (210)
    For your HQ you've made them both very expensive they're both just a bit shy of the cost of a deceiver. The veil of darkness lord has no real place in this list without immortals drop him.

The second lord does'nt need the resurrection orb for running with the wraiths drop that.

Troop:
    20 Warriors
    20 Warriors
    15 warriors
    15 warriors

I'm assuming the 20 man warrior squads are for deep striking? Drop them down to 15 or else you'll be finding them really clumsy and hard to deploy.

The Other warrior Squads split them in 3 units of 10.

Fast Attack:
    4 Destroyers
    3 Wraiths

With the points freed up from droping the 10 warriors and the VOD lord I seriously suggest invest those points into destroyers.

Heavy:
    Monolith
    Monolith
    2 Tomb Spyders

Pretty standard twin towers setup here, I'm not a big fan of the lith anymore but whatever your style is. Be careful with the monoliths cause at 2500 most armies can field alot of lascannons which can pop them pretty early on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one big problem with your army is that you dont have enough anti tank. I also play Black templars and in a 2000 pt game I feild to land raiders and 2 drednoughts. Shure gaus weapons always glance on 6's but the land raiders have the range advantage and while one normaly goes forward to drop off assalt terminators the other pops of things like your monolith. There is a 1/9 chance of missing with each and if both hit a 2/3 chance of doing somthing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

if I drop the tomb spyders to get destroyers that'll get me anti-tank at range, and I can deep strike the monoliths into enemy territory hit the vehicles with the particle whip supported by the heavy destroyers?
    on paper it seems a good way to thin out their ranks, is that a bad Idea?
    the tomb spyders able to rezz the warriors seems to have more staying power, but the spyders are kinda frail
    Dear Game Designer,
    Signed,
    Scissors

You Can't Kill the Metal Stabby_McGee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x3)

Less warriors, less wargear, more destroyers. The Monoliths will be ultimately useful for you. I played my first 5th ed tourney this weekend and Monoliths are damn-near indestructable. The worst it suffered was heavy fire from a SM chapter with tank hunters, a LOT of lascannons and rockets, and it only got immobilzed (after it landed a sweet position in the center of the board) and -2 weapon destroyed results. Against Orks I can't even begin to tell you how much carnage that thing dished out.
    Necrons ~4500pts / Orks ~2000pts / Thousand Sons ~750pts

HOW TO LIGHT A MONOLITH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

There's some things I haven't done, but been told about (MathHammer).

1) You can't portal a squad larger than like 16-17 has to do with deploying within 2" of the portal door, especially since it deep stiked. There was a post on it somewhere, I honestly never looked more into it, but some opponent might stick you with it.

2) I agree with the poster above, you need range, if not HD's you should replace the wraiths with more destroyers! I can't explain how GREAT a 2nd or even 3rd squad of destroyers truely is. The range and glancing (even PENETRATION on lower vehicles) is important. I can agree the Black Templar took me out last game, twin link rerolling las cannons, Vindicator, Land raider, Predator, 4 Rhinos, etc....just plain SICK! Also, tomb spiders are ok...but res orbs alone are just fine, if it's a support lord, just a res orb is all he needs. If he's a veiling lord I just take the lord and veil, gives you ALOT of points to spend elsewhere.

3) Consider scarabs if you need CC...just to be fodder but ties up nasty CC squads!

4) Also remember, deep striking a lith cannot fire Gauss flux arcs that turn (no matter what). That's a 5th edition change unfortunately, so with this I've come to avoid deep striking them if I can. Especially since they'll usually pull the big guns next turn without me getting a shot if I use the portal, you can use the particle whip (but then you didn't portal, and if it gets destroyed next round...can't bring in more warriors. I guess you have 2 liths, so you have some backup, but lost those points).

Every army is different, honestly I would encourage you to try it. My buddy gives me a rule to play any army I build 5 times against at least 3 different types of armies before making a decision. Vehicle heavy armies might hurt you, but you have a TON of massed shots for large armies like IG (although they'd have lots of vehicles too), etc...so it just depends.
    Last edited by Dark Trainer; August 25th, 2008 at 17:42.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

okay after taking everyone's advice, I've altered the army list to be as follows, what do you think?

HQ:
    Lord [Warscythe, Rez Orb, Chronometron] (160)

Elite:
    9 Immortals [Disruptor field]

Troop:
    15 Warriors
    15 Warriors
    13 warriors
    13 warriors

Fast Attack:
    3 Destroyers

Heavy:
    Monolith
    Monolith
    Monolith
    Dear Game Designer,
    Signed,
    Scissors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

No disruptor fields, if your immortals are melee against a tank you have failed.
    Also take the WS off your veil lord, charging isn't useful for it in the circus squad. Use the points to round off that last Immortal.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

You don't think a gaze of flame is better than the chrono? I used the chrono and it was a waste of points now, sure I can fall back further but you're more likely to be SWEPT before you get that extra die. Gaze can help you negate a BUNCH of initial assault attacks, allowing your squad to prevent many wounds and portal out next turn.

Also warscythes on those Lords are a waste, they're support lords. They're not charging into battle, staff of light is already a power weapon.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Trainer View Post
    You don't think a gaze of flame is better than the chrono? I used the chrono and it was a waste of points now, sure I can fall back further but you're more likely to be SWEPT before you get that extra die. Gaze can help you negate a BUNCH of initial assault attacks, allowing your squad to prevent many wounds and portal out next turn.

Also warscythes on those Lords are a waste, they're support lords. They're not charging into battle, staff of light is already a power weapon.
    the fields are in the event I get into melee with a dreadnought, not a tank.
    the warscythes are for the pesky invulnerable saves, and armor 14 tanks I can assault and penetrate much easier than shooting can glance (again just in case the glance does not yield a satisfactory result)
    the chrono allows you to re-roll the die to prevent being swept (per faq)
    I don't have any experience with the necrons on the field (except when they first came out in WD) so the chrono seemed better for the points, I'll try a few games with both and see which one works out better.
    what about the three monoliths? good? bad? does 3 heavy destroyers do more than a monolith?
    Dear Game Designer,
    Signed,
    Scissors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast