1st Eldar List 1750 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st Eldar List 1750 pts

Hi, everyone! I'm about to buy my first eldar army, because I wanted some change after playing horde orks. Here's my first list... but honestly I have no idea what I'm doing. Thanks for any help!

HQ 80
    #1 80
    Farseer
    - Doom

Elite 414
    #1 207
    10 striking scorpions
    -Exarch /w scorpion’s claw
    -shadowstrike
    #1 207
    10 striking scorpions
    -Exarch /w scorpion’s claw
    -shadowstrike

Troops 948
    #1 177
    10 Dire Avengers
    - Exarch /w Power Weapon & Shimmershield
    - Bladestorm
    - Defend

#2 177
    10 Dire Avengers
    - Exarch /w Power Weapon & Shimmershield
    - Bladestorm
    - Defend

#3 167+130
    10 Dire Avengers
    - Exarch /w two shuriken catapults
    - Bladestorm
    - Defend

-Wave Serpent
    -Spirit stones
    -TL EMLs
    #4 167+130
    10 Dire Avengers
    - Exarch /w two shuriken catapults
    - Bladestorm
    - Defend

-Wave Serpent
    -Spirit stones
    -TL EMLs

Heavy Support 300
    #1 150
    1 fire prism with holo-fields
    #2 150
    1 fire prism with holo-fields

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

What do you intend to do with the DA's that are not mounted? Where do you see the farseer? Also you failed to mention what gun's you've placed on your wave serpents. Give us these facets and my comments will probably become askewed, but for now this is what i feel:

Consider your scorpions infiltrating, your DA's in wave serpents may not have much infantry to shoot at. At least, not the infantry they want to shoot at. Your army list seems to be lacking a bit of anti-tank anti-meq. I see SM being a hard fight for this list, and MEQ armies are very prolific.
    I like that you are using fire prisms, especially more than one, as nobody does that anymore. generaly we dont like prisms for some reason. Sure they're mobile but really the're just an expensive artillary piece. Your exarchs are the true leaders of your army, that said not to awe inspiring.
    I'd like to see more cohesion in unit tactics. I.E. harlies hit and running and rending while scorpions tie them down. Or banshee's charging a unit that's been bladestormed by a mobile DA's in a WS. Consider putting some more range into your line, and a little more HQ points. If the eldar dont seem like a cohesive army it is because they are not. their force (unless ilyanden or ulthwe) is usually a very mixed bag. There is nothing that says you can't make your own craftworld that has lots of striking scorpion and avenger temples though. Just beware IG and SM, and scoff at nids and orks.
    I read a tactics brief (off this website actually) that said eldar should try to balance their points. 1/3 anti-infantry, 1/3 anti-tank, and 1/3 mobility (obviously overlapping is not only allowed but encouraged.) With your WS and prisms you have about that. and depending on their loadout u may have the anti tank too. and you definately have the anti infantry.
    I'd swap the two footslogging DA units for two guardian units with heavy weapons, a warlock or another farseer. or maybe both for a nice shining spear unit to really punch the core of the enemy force after your scorpions have engaged.
    Orks have theyr toughness and numbers, eldar have psychic powers and mobility. Frankly your list feels anti-horde. If that is what youre going for fine. Perhaps you can reply and outline your plans, tactics, and specifics a bit better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh... I didn't know about the synergy between harlies and scorps... or banshees and DA's! actually I was conficted between using scorps or banshees (geq or meq). I thought about doing FoF tactics with the DA and WS. My WSs have TL EMLs, and I thought they would be great to coordinate with my scorps (bladestorm and assault). I thought that the power of Fire Prisms looked great... but you say they aren't used much? :T

So I take out two DA squads for two guardian squads. OK!

Sorry for the noobiness... I just usually go for redundancy i.e. use many of the same unit type. examples... scorps, DA's, fire prisms. I guess that's wrong?
    Last edited by adx2infinitum; August 27th, 2008 at 03:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Just remember eldar being the specialized force they are means you're limiting your strengths. There's not specific synergy between those units i mentioned. You can do the same with DAs and scorpions or whomever. I like the banshees for their Fleet of foot and power weapons but you do lose some armor, strength and one attack. Don't feel ashamed or in need of changing your list just on my suggestions. I am just posing counter points for you to think on which is why people post their lists here. You don't NEED anti-MEQ if u can put out enough shots that he can't possibly save them all, but it's certainly not as efficent.

When u say FoF tactics with your mounted DA's are u referring to fleet of foot? Yes if u can work it a bladestorm from a dropped off DA unit followed by a scorpion charge will definately put the hurt on any unit.

Your foot slogging DAs are rear line objective holders in my eyes, with their 18 inch range i just don't see it soo useful. Two 10 man gaurdian squads with scatter lasers can put out as much fire power over the same amount of turns and while only one less armor save you have twice as many bodies for the same point cost as that one DA squad. With your other 170 points left I'd throw in some dark reapers. Now your rear line has anti meq, tank, and infantry. while your forward line has shear volume of attacks (through your bladestorm and mandiblasters.) I would tie the farseer in with one of the mounted DAs. Now you're rerolling rolls to wound from the bladestorm and the ensuing melee with the scorpions. Only thing your list need fear is terminator armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

For your heavy suport... you might want to invest in 3 warwalkers w/ scatter lasers & one fire prisim, instead of 2 fire prisims. Then you can have a shield for your farseer and he can cast guide on them, re-rolling 18 shots that have 6 str is nice. Thats also more armor they have to kill, 10 all around but it's still armor

I'm not saying anything about eldar and melee cause people yell at me about it, but I like your infiltrating scorpions woot

I like keeping Dire Avengers on foot, they have 18 inch range so you move 6 inches and your hitting the closest squad to the deployment line. I usualy have 1 mounted and 1 on foot for sh*ts and giggles.

Hope that helps a little.

-Jen

Current Armys
    Tomb Kings, Marines, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By FoF i meant the tau's fish of fury tactics. Is it still viable? I really want to use WS's b/c of their survivability but you say footslogging eldar is viable? Okay thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about this REALLY general list that I have to post really quickly.

1 farseer
    10 banshees with WS
    10 banshees with WS
    10 dire avengers with WS
    10 dire avengers with WS
    10 guardians
    10 guardians
    Walkers

+ Reply to Thread