2000pts DAKKA DAKKA nidzilla ARMY! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts DAKKA DAKKA nidzilla ARMY! (just for fun)

i know how affective devourers are when it comes to firing hundreds of shots so i decided to put together a whole army full of devourers! i don't know if its been done before but hopefully you guys will like it.

HQ:
    dakka flyrant - 2x twin linked devourers, wings, warp field, acid maw + 186
    dakka tyrant - 2x twin linked devourers, enhanced senses, warp field
    = 136

ELITE:
    dakkafex - 2x twin linked devourers, enhanced senses, = 113

TROOP:
    11 death gaunts = 77
    11 death gaunts = 77
    11 death gaunts = 77
    11 death gaunts = 77
    11 death gaunts = 77
    11 death gaunts = 77

FAST ATTACK:
    3 raveners - rending claws, scything talons, devourer = 150

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    dakkafex - 2x twin linked devourers, enhanced senses, extended carapace, bonded exo-skeleton, tail weapon - scyth = 143
    dakkafex - 2x twin linked devourers, enhanced senses, extended carapace, bonded exo-skeleton, tail weapon - scyth = 143

=exavtly 1995

if my maths is right thats a total of 258 devourer shots in 1 shooting phase (if everything survives until the deep strike units get here!), 72 of which can reroll to hit, all of which can reroll to wound!

Last edited by TYDE_40k; August 27th, 2008 at 20:34. Reason: LOTS of mistakes

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

One problem I see is that your elite fexes are too much. They must cost 114 or less. Also why give a Hive Tyrant both Warp Field AND EC? There's no reason to. Either one or the other.

Also as far as the Deathgaunts go, they are only really effective if they have the toxin sacs biomorph. Even then they are less than or equal to (can't remember right now) just a straight up Termagaunt at 4 more points.

also what do you plan on deepstriking? The ravener's? Better to have all of your army on the table from the get go in this case IMO.

Otherwise not a bad list. Fix the Elite fexes and drop either the EC or the WF from the non-flying tyrant and perhaps use the points to spruce up your gaunts or heavy fexes or maybe add something else in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yh sorry, i made quite a few mistakes in the list i don't know know what i was thinking giving the dakkafexs too many points and giving the tyrant EC, i think i was too caught up on trying to fill in the extra points i had left over, i wouldn,t normally make those kind of mistakes...honestly! as for the tactics advice, im sorry i didn't make it clearer that it was purely for fun and i wasnt planning on making or using it anytime in the near future. but thanks for the advice anyway. i just edited it.
    Last edited by TYDE_40k; August 27th, 2008 at 20:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my god man. i think it just might work. thats tooooo much firepower. i love it
    New Eldar Army 1W-0L-0D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

As a fun list it's pretty awesome though I don't think your frinds will like you bringing 8 MC's . Not to mention all those shots you're going to be pumping into their poor units. Oh well. Gotta make some sacrifices.

I might just try this list next time I do a friendly match. Might be told never to use it again like the Nidzilla 500 pt list with 3 MC's in it but...
    Tyranids & Daemons: Soul & Biomatter please.

LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an observation... and i hate to be a rain on the parade but ive noticed it in a lot of lists in this forum. Warriors can only fire one ranged symbiote per turn, unless there is something stated in the 5th Edition rulebook that i missed. And another point that i dont rly think too many ppl have yet realized about Tyranids is that they can have a shit-load of blast weapons, not gonna say the details but think about it.
    Tyranids arent my first choice so im no expert or anything, its just things ive noticed through the codex. OH! and i was wondering if this list will be up against any vehicles, because if so you need some Zoanthropes.
    (sorry if i sounded like an ass in any way, it was not my intent)
    As all men must thank the progenitors, so we must endure the present that those who come after may continue the greater work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

I'm just curious why this comment arose when he isn't using any Warriors? But to clarify the bonus in running two weapons is it gives them options on the field. Also if we run two of the same weapon instead of counting as two different weapons instead it turns it into a single twin-linked weapon. That's the benefit if giving a warrior two of the same ranged weapons.

Yes we have lots of Blast weapons like the deathspitter but even with out mediocre BS our shots are hitting where we wand them to more often with just regular shooting than with a blast template. They only hit where you want them to about 2/3 of the time where otherwise we hit the squad we're aiming at usually 1/2 of the time.

I have tried just running massive amounts of BT's but it gets a little time consuming having to roll for so much scatter.
    Tyranids & Daemons: Soul & Biomatter please.

LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol ok i think i posted in the wrong thread, i had a few different windows open with other threads so my mistake.
    As all men must thank the progenitors, so we must endure the present that those who come after may continue the greater work.

+ Reply to Thread