New to Orks 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Orks 1500pts

Allright this is my first ork list and also my first post on Librarium. FYI my main opponent plays space marines and his a big fan of vindicators. So I figured i would stay away from pure footsloggers. Any suggestions will be greatfull and even a totally different direction would be fine considering all I have so far is hand full of boyz. I also would like to keep a battlewagon in the list because i've allready started to convert one of my extra choas landraider.

HQ:
    90pts Big Mek: w/ KFF, BP

100pts Big Mek: w/ SAG, BP

Elites:
    195pts 13x Lootas

195pts 13x Tankbustas

Troops:
    170pts 20x Shoota Boyz: w/ (2)Big Shootas, Nob: w/ PK,BP

170pts 20x Shoota Boyz: w/ (2)Big Shootas, Nob: w/ PK,BP

164pts 12x Slugga Trukk Boyz: w/ Stikkbombz, Nob: w/ PK,BP
    Trukk: w/ Big Shoota, Reinforced Ram

212pts 12x Slugga Trukk 'Ard Boyz: w/ Stikkbombz, Nob: w/ PK,BP

Fast:
    80pts 2x Wartrakk: w/ TL Rokkits

Heavy:
    125pts Battlewagon: w/ Kannon, (2)Big Shootas, Armour Plates, Reinforced Ram

Total 1501pts

I figured the SAG Mek would stay in the back with Lootas, and the Tankbustas would ride in the battlewagon. Im not to sure what to do with KFF Mek yet, I was thinking about putting him in the battlewagon as well to give it a 4+ Inv Save.
    Also not sure about the 'Ard Boyz is it worth the points on the upgrade?

Last edited by ZecKsGW; August 28th, 2008 at 20:21.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

I wouldn't put the KFF in the BW, as I believe it then only functions for the BW and nothing around it. Instead I would put the KFF with 1 of the footslogging squads and start the game with the BW nearby so it starts with the save aswell. Also, no need to give the KFF Mek a BP if he's joining one of the Shoota squads as they have a BP already.\

Drop all the stikkbombs, waste of points with Orks, specially in 5th Ed. Basically it means that if you assault a unit that is in cover you go at normal init instead of on a 1. But playing SMs, even with Stikkbombs the SMs will strike 1st.

Ard Boyz are good, I am a fan of them, however its a tough choice of going with Ard Boyz or upping your footslogging squads. Many players on these forums favor the max of 30 boyz in a foot unit, but 20 is doable. But I do love Ard Boyz against SMs, once you get into CC with a tac squad you are almost guarunteed to wipe them out

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Yeah and nah

Everything Monkeyclops said is right, (the KFF doesn't work inside a vehicle and stikkbombs are a waste) although I disagree on 'ard boyz. Instead of improving their armor save, the points should go towards filling up the units of boyz on foot. I'd bring each of those 20 boy squads up as close to 30 as possible. If you don't want to do that, then I'd cut out the big mek w/KFF. There really aren't enough units on foot to warrant it.

If you like the 'ard boyz and want to keep the shoota boy squads at 20 boyz each, then instead of a big mek w/KFF, I'd use a warboss with 'eavy armor, cybork, and powerklaw, attached to the 'ard boyz. That'll give the list a little more punch.

One of the tankbustas needs to be a nob, to give the unit a bosspole. I wouldn't give him any other equipment besides that. Trust me, always take a bosspole if it's an option.

You can probably drop 2 big shootas off the battlewagon. With 5th edition rules, you won't be able to fire them unless the wagon stands still, and you never want to keep transports still.

This is a very good list, especially for a first attempt. The list could probably use a little more punch, but some extra boyz in the units of 20 shootas, and/or a warboss would probably help.

In any case, good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Monkeyclops and mynameisgrax for the awsome info. With these suggestions in mind how about this refit of the list.

HQ:
    100pts Warboss: w/ PK, 'eavy Armor, Cyborkbody

100pts Big Mek: w/ SAG, BP

Elites:
    195pts 13x Lootas

225pts 14x Tankbustas, Nob: w/ BP

Troops:
    206pts 26x Shoota Boyz: w/ (2)Big Shootas, Nob: w/ PK,BP

206pts 26x Shoota Boyz: w/ (2)Big Shootas, Nob: w/ PK,BP

152pts 12x Slugga Trukk Boyz: w/ Nob: w/ PK,BP

190pts 11x Slugga Trukk 'Ard Boyz: w/ Nob: w/ PK,BP

Heavy:
    125pts Battlewagon: w/ Kannon, (2)Big Shootas, Armour Plates, Reinforced Ram

Total 1499pts

I droped the Wartrakks to beef up the boyz, IDK if it was good call or not? I did switch out the KFF Mek for the Warboss for the added punch. I do agree with you mynameisgrax about the big shootas on the battlewagon, but i left it on there for bit of fluff. Thanks Again anymore suggestions would be awsome.

+ Reply to Thread