2,500 Point Green Tsunami - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

17 (x1)

2,500 Point Green Tsunami

HQ: 345 Points

Ghazghkull Thraka
    = 225 Points

Big Mek w/ Power Klaw, Kustom Force Field, Cybork Body
    = 120 Points

Elites: 510 Points

9 Burna Boyz
    + Mekboy w/ Kustom Mega-Blasta
    = 150 Points

12 Loota Boyz
    = 180 Points

12 Loota Boyz
    = 180 Points

Troops: 1035 Points

29 'Ard Boyz w/ Shootas, 3x Big Shootas, Stikkbombz
    + 'Ard Boy Nob w/ Power Klaw, Stikkbombz, Bosspole
    = 385 Points

19 Boyz w/ Choppas, Sluggas, 2x Rokkit Launchas
    + Nob w/ Power Klaw, Bosspole, 'Eavy Armor
    = 185 Points

19 Boyz w/ Choppas, Sluggas, 2x Rokkit Launchas
    + Nob w/ Power Klaw, Bosspole, 'Eavy Armor
    = 185 Points

19 Boyz w/ Shootas, 2x Rokkit Launchas
    + Nob w/ Shoota, Bosspole
    = 155 Points

10 Boyz w/ Shootas, 1x Big Shoota
    + Trukk w/ Big Shoota, Armor Plates, Grot Rigger, Red Paint Job, Stikkbomb Chukka
    = 125 Points

Fast Attack: 270 Points

3 Deffcoptas w/ Twin-Linked Rokkit Launchas
    = 135 Points

3 Deffcoptas w/ Twin-Linked Rokkit Launchas
    = 135 Points

Heavy Support: 320 Points

Battlewagon w/ 2x Big Shootas, 2x Rokkit Launchas, Deff Rolla, Grot Rigger, Stikkbomb Chukka, Armor Plates
    = 160 Points

Battlewagon w/ 2x Big Shootas, 2x Rokkit Launchas, Deff Rolla, Grot Rigger, Stikkbomb Chukka, Armor Plates
    =160 Points

Total: 2,480 Points

Model Count Including Vehicles: 145

Ghazghkull will join the Burna Boyz and commandeer the 10-ork mob's Trukk. They will then zip around the battlefield either burninating everything in sight, or if a particularly slow, heavily armored unti makes itself available (I'm talking to you SM shooter termies) they will charge in and make a mess of them.

The two 20-ork slugga mobs will take to their Battlewagons and lumber slowly across the field, and run over any unfortunate enemies before hoping out and having a go.

The 10-ork mob, who are most likely fuming that their Trukk was taken, will advance to capture objectives depending on the scenario.

The Big Mek gives just about everyone a 4+ cover save, so he'll advance down the middle of the tide, safely behind one of the Battlewagons until the point where the ladz make their moves. He will then withdraw to give support to the dakka boyz.

Now, I have 20 points left to spend, but don't know what to spend them on.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Last edited by Lachlarlan; August 29th, 2008 at 19:55.

2. Remove Advertisements

Freehold, NJ
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Have you read the topic entitled 'the basics' in the Ork 2008 index? There's a lot of good information there if you're starting with orks. I noticed some problems with the list, and most of them are covered there.

1. The list needs more boyz, especially at 2500 points. At that point level, you really need all 6 troop slots filled, with a full 30 boyz in each group on foot, 12 in each trukk, and a nob with a bosspole. Powerklaws are a must have for each unit of boyz. Against many enemies, it'll literally be the difference between victory and defeat.

2. Drop the 'ard boyz upgrade. The points are much better spent on more boyz for the 20 ork mobz.

3. Drop the powerklaw off the big mek. If he reaches close combat, he won't live long enough to use it. It's too easy to single him out. All you can hope is that they'll ignore him, because he isn't a threat. If he has the klaw, he becomes a threat.

4. Drop most of the guns and upgrades off the vehicles. The trukks should have nothing besides a ram and perhaps a red paint job. Trust me, if they get shot at, they're going to die. The best thing you can do is try to keep them out of sight. As for the battlewagon, if you move a single inch you'll only be able to fire one gun. Drop all but one gun, and the stikkbombs (ha, instead of your marines in cover automatically striking my first, we fight at...initiative order...with your marines striking at init 4, and me at init 3...well that was points well spent). The grot riggers and armor are worth it though.

5. I think 3 is a bad unit size for deffkoptas. One casualty will cause a panic check they only have a 58% chance of passing. I'd run 1 or 5, but nothing inbetween.

6. Try and add one more loota to each squad, so they go longer before having to make a panic check. If need be, you could just attach a mek, or a boy with a big shoota which you say is a mek, just to bring the size of the unit up.

7. Ghaz in a trukk? That doesn't sound like a very good idea. Trukks are way too easy to kill, and then Ghaz has to slowly walk the rest of the way. I'd put him in the 30 boy mob, to keep him alive. I'd put the burnas in the battlewagon, make the trukk a normal unit of trukkboyz, and have the rest of the boyz walk it (after being upped to 30 boyz per squad).

Good luck!
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; August 29th, 2008 at 20:54. Reason: forgot one thing
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."

+ Reply to Thread