New to Da Waaagh with a 2000pt army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Da Waaagh with a 2000pt army

Well im a new ork player who wants to start a waaagh of my own.
    I came up with this ork list which is 1500pt
    plz tell me if this is a good army and how to make it stronger against choas and space marines. (my friends play with those armies)

HQ
    2 Ork Warbosses each have
    - Power Klaw
    - Twin LInked Shoota
    - Cybork Body
    - Bosspole
    - 'eavy armor Total: 220pts

Weirdboy
    - Warphead Total: 85pts

Elites
    10 Nobz
    - 8 Big Choppas
    - Painboy
    - Cybork Body
    - 'eavy armor
    - 1 Power Klaw
    - bosspole Total: 380pts

5 Tankbustas
    - bosspole
    - Nob
    - Power Klaw
    - 2 bomb squidgs Total: 115pts

5 Lootas
    - Rokkit Launcha Total: 80pts

Troops
    25 Boyz
    - Nob
    - Power Klaw
    - Rokkit Launcha
    - 'ard boyz
    - bosspole Total: 300pts

15 Boyz
    - Big Shoota
    - Nob
    - bosspole
    - Big Choppa Total: 115pts

15 Boyz
    - Big Shoota
    - Nob
    - bosspole

Fast Attack
    3 Deffkoptas
    - 3 Twin-Linked Rokkit Launcha
    - 3 Buzz Saw Total: 210pts

3 Deffkoptas
    - 3 Twin-Linked Rokkit Launcha Total: 135pts

Heavy Support
    2 Killa Kans
    - 2 Armor Plates
    - Kustom Mega Blasta and Rokkit Launcha Total: 130pts

Deff Dread
    - Armor Plate
    - Kustom Mega Blasta
    - Skorcha Total: 105pts

Plz post any suggestions on how to improve this army against choas and space marines.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by noname12345 View Post
    Well im a new ork player who wants to start a waaagh of my own.
    I came up with this ork list which is 1500pt
    plz tell me if this is a good army and how to make it stronger against choas and space marines. (my friends play with those armies)
    Welcome to da Waagh! Pull up a chair and enjoy your fungus beer.

HQ
    2 Ork Warbosses each have
    - Power Klaw
    - Twin LInked Shoota
    - Cybork Body
    - Bosspole
    - 'eavy armor Total: 220pts
    Solid Boss choice, though it appears you have 3 HQ choices. You only get 2, so I'd drop a Boss to keep your Warphead.

Weirdboy
    - Warphead Total: 85pts
    Good, stick him a big unit of Boyz and watch the fire works.

10 Nobz
    - 8 Big Choppas
    - Painboy
    - Cybork Body
    - 'eavy armor
    - 1 Power Klaw
    - bosspole Total: 380pts
    They're going to need a way to get stuck in, a Trukk or Battlewagon is the way to go. Also, you can cut off some of the Big choppas if you want to save points, S5 is still really good. A Waagh! Banner wouldn't hurt here either.

5 Tankbustas
    - bosspole
    - Nob
    - Power Klaw
    - 2 bomb squidgs Total: 115pts
    You might want to check your Codex for proper points costs. That said, Tankbustas are tricky to use, especially in small units and on foot. They are easy to kill like normal Boyz and Glory Hogs forces you to either hide them or waste your turns shooting at tanks across the board. If I run Tankbustas on foot, it's between 6 and 10 with a couple tankhammers and max bomm squigs. Advance then behind your boyz on through terrain and let the squigs and hammers do most of the work.

5 Lootas
    - Rokkit Launcha Total: 80pts
    Check your points again. Lootas need more models to be useful, and there is no point giving the Mek a rokkit launcha, it's easier to just convert more Lootas (your friends have any spare weapons or bits, ask them for some and use those gubbinz to make more Lootas).

25 Boyz
    - Nob
    - Power Klaw
    - Rokkit Launcha
    - 'ard boyz
    - bosspole Total: 300pts
    'Ard Boyz are expensive (I'd only use them in Trukks to make up for lack of numbers), you can get a lot more boyz for the points. Any foot mob should be as close to 30 as possible, and don't bother with 'eavy weapons on slugga mobs, they'll be running all game anyway.

15 Boyz
    - Big Shoota
    - Nob
    - bosspole
    More boyz is better, also powerklaws are worlds better than big choppas, they're practically mandatory.

15 Boyz
    - Big Shoota
    - Nob
    - bosspole
    As above.

3 Deffkoptas
    - 3 Twin-Linked Rokkit Launcha
    - 3 Buzz Saw Total: 210pts
    3 is a poor size for Koptaz, if the enemy kills one you'll have to take a Ld test and with Orky low Ld they'll be running for the hills. 1 or 5 is the best size. Buzzsaws are too expensive and marginally effective.

3 Deffkoptas
    - 3 Twin-Linked Rokkit Launcha Total: 135pts
    As above.

2 Killa Kans
    - 2 Armor Plates
    - Kustom Mega Blasta and Rokkit Launcha Total: 130pts
    Armor plates are a tad expensive, I usually don't bother (easier to fit in more boyz). I'd stick with 2 KMBs for the AP2 goodness, unless you're going for tanks and 2 rokkits work fine.

Deff Dread
    - Armor Plate
    - Kustom Mega Blasta
    - Skorcha Total: 105pts
    A KMB isn't going to be useful with BS3, a big shoota or another klaw would be fine. Also consider grot riggers for your Dread in case it gets immobilized.

Overall it's not a bad list, your biggest problem is you don't have enough Boyz. A good rule of thumb is 1 big mob of boyz per 500 points, more if you feel you need it. Boyz win games and they are literally the best unit in the Codex. More boyz or more transports.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks i went through all the points and their were fine ok so i get it now more ork boyz = stronger army
    and do u think a zzap cannon is a good addition to my army and which ones are better battle wagons or trukks and also between burna boyz, lootas and kommandos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

Just moved this to the Ork army lists forum.
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Zzap Guns are random weapons, but they are one of our only ranged anti-tank weapons. As Big Gunz, BS3 and the low cost really helps, but they are virtually useless on a BS2 battlewagon. Bug Gunz are a solid Heavy choice for their loadsa dakka and low cost, but some people prefer other choices.

Battlewagons are more expensive, heavily armored, slower, and a lot more flexible. They can carry more models or can be tricked out to be extra shooty. Also Deff Rollas. Trukks are cheap, available to just about anything, and very fast. Ramshackle is a nice rule and can actually hae you hoping your Trukk gets destroyed. It's up to you and your preferences. I like BWs for carting around big mobs of sluggas and loading up on AV14, while Trukks are good for smaller, speedier, expendable mobs.

Burnaz, lootas, and kommandoz all have different roles. Burnaz provide some serious firepower, a ton of hits from multiple flame templates can rack up the kills on even terminators, and power weapons never hurt. Lootas provide ridiculous firepower at long range, perfect for knocking out light tanks and infantry. Kommandoz are sneaky, they can show up anywhere and start killing quick. They are all only as resilient as a normal boy, so be careful with them.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread