1500pts Nid - Need Help Beeting Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts Nid - Need Help Beeting Eldar

I play 40K regularly, but I've recently bought some nids and I need some help outting a list together to beat a troublesome Eldar army.

My oppenent will play the following list:

HQ

Prince Yriel Of Iyanden

Troops

10 Dire Avengers
    10 Wraithguard + Spiritseer (it really is a troop choice!)

Fast

10 Warp Spiders
    10 Swooping Hawks

Heavy

Vibrocannon
    Wraithlord

As it's a 1500 point battle so they'll be a smattering of Exarchs in there to boot.

I could take him with my standard Blood Angels or Tau lists, but as it's an Iyanden army I feel compelled to do it with my new nids.

Short of fielding a nidzilla list (which is too cheezy for a firendly game), I'm stumped as to what to field as it looks as though anything I put on the table will be shot to pieces and the remains mopped up by Yriel (this guy is incredible) and the Wraithlord.

So far, this is what I think I'll deploy.

HQ

Hive Tyrant (161pts)
    - Wings
    - T/L Devourer
    - T/L Devourer
    - Enhanced Sense
    - Toxin Sacs

Elites

4 Warriors (158pts)
    - Extended Carapace
    - Scything Talons
    - Death spitter
    - Toxin sacs
    - Venom cannon
    - Enhanced Senses

5 Warriors (175pts)
    - Extended Carapace
    - Scything Talons
    - Devourers
    - Toxin sacs
    - Enhanced Senses

Troops

12 Termagaunts (108pts)
    12 Fleshgaunts (108pts)
    12 Fleshgaunts (72pts)
    12 Hormagaunts (120pts)
    12 Hormagaunts (120pts)

Heavy Support

Sniperfex (148pts)
    Sniperfex (148pts)

C/C Carnifex (172pts)
    - Tusked
    - Crushing claws
    - Scything talons
    - Mace Tail
    - Adrenal Glands (+1 WS)
    - Bonded Exoskeleton
    - Reinforced Chitin

Running total is 1490.

General strategy (if you can call it that) involves alot of running forward, punctuated by a little shooting (perhaps a more defined strategy might help refine the list).

All comments welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm well it doesn't look like he has too much in the way of melee other then those swooping hawks.

I'm not as experienced as some folks but here would be my suggestions...

Tyrant:
    It looks good he should do some damage just keep him out of of melee by himself but I would give him Toxic miasma and you NEED warp field on him.

Warriors:

4 Warriors (158pts)
    - Extended Carapace
    - Scything Talons
    - Death spitter
    - Toxin sacs
    - Venom cannon
    - Enhanced Senses

Death spitters work well for me and since its template I don't bother with enhanced senses (I've yet to use them where one inch made that much of a deference). I would also drop the venom cannon and extended carapace. Keep the warriors behind a group of gaunts and they have a 4+ cover save anyways. Four strength 6 templates should do pretty well against Eldar.

To be honest I would suggest making three groups of warriors with three each all armed with Deathspitters and scything talons. Keep your warriors behind the gaunts to offer synapse and range fire.

12 Termagaunts (108pts)
    12 Fleshgaunts (108pts)
    12 Fleshgaunts (72pts)
    12 Hormagaunts (120pts)
    12 Hormagaunts (120pts)

Personally if I were you, I'd just run spinegaunts instead of terma/flesh. Yes they are weaker but they are twinlinked and cheap. You can run about 21 spinegaunts for the same price as 12 of your termagaunts and reroll to hit rolls. I would suggest throwing atleast one brood of stealers in there somewhere. Also remember: gaunt wrapping is your friend!

If I were you I would maybe drop the CC fex (I know how much fun they are but they just don't seem worth it alot of times) and bring in a brood of zoanthropes. Their warp blast is wonderful! Drop a template on a squad or just use a nice single shot strength ten shot to melt someone's brain.

As far as strategy goes....
    I've learned (the hard way) running forward and swarming doesn't always work. Pick your targets, focus your fire on the dire avengers to cut down on their numbers, let both your sniperfexes pound away at the prince if you get the chance. Have your long range guns take out guns that could potentially halt your advance, swarm his avengers. The way I look at it is: The sniper's job is to take out threats that can cut down mass numbers or things that my normal gaunts can't hurt. Good luck

"Ohm nom nom nom"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great advice! Thank you eve-bishop.

+ Reply to Thread