1500 Mixed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Mixed

Modesto, CA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

30 (x1)

1500 Mixed

x1 Big Mek with KFF - 85

x15 lootas - 225

x12 shoota boyz w/nob, powerklaw, bosspole, trukk - 147
    x12 shoota boyz w/nob, powerklaw, bosspole, trukk - 147

x30 slugga boyz w/nob, powerklaw, bosspole - 220
    x30 slugga boyz w/nob, powerklaw, bosspole - 220

x5 deffkoptas w/twin-linked rokkitz - 225

x2 looted wagons w/boom gun, 'ard case - 230

Victory is achieved through mettle.
    Glory is acheived through metal.

2. Remove Advertisements

Freehold, NJ
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

I like it, although I'd make sure to keep the KFF within range of both the boomguns and the footslogging boys for as long as possible. This might necessitate inching the boomguns up along with the footsloggers, as they move.

I wouldn't use shoota boyz in the trukks. With 5th edition rules, if a transport moves over 6 inches, then the passengers can't shoot unless they disembark. For this reason, I use slugga boyz in trukks, but you could try it out and see how it works. It just didn't seem like a good idea to me.

I'd give both of those trukks some rams (it opens up the entire board for the trukks), and a big shoota or kannon on each of the looted boomguns. That way they're still good for something even if their main gun is destroyed. For the points, I'd cut out 2 lootas. 13 lootas is practically as good as 15. The points are better spent on the rams and extra guns.

Besides that, the list looks good. You might find, however, that using another unit of 30 boyz might be more competitive than using two trukks. Of course, you'll have a more difficult time claiming objectives that way, so it's up to you.

I would definitely consider holding both trukks in reserve, instead of starting the game with them on the table. There are quite a few advantages to doing this:

1. You're guaranteed at least one full move towards the enemy.

2. You can come off from any point along your own table edge.

3. It's better to claim objectives later in the game, rather than earlier.

4. They'll enter close combat at the same time as the foosloggers.

Of course, some people use the trukkboyz to tie up the enemy forces so their footsloggers have time to get there, so it's up to you. Use what fits your playstyle. I'd definitely outflank with the deffkoptas though. You come out from one of the side table edges, fly behind your opponent's vehicles, and fire away.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."

+ Reply to Thread