Brand Spanking New Army, Ideas Needed! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Brand Spanking New Army, Ideas Needed!

Hooooooowday there Y'all!

Im completely new to 40k in general, but years ago i said that if i started, i'd have to go tyranids!

Now im finally starting (with two friends) and i need ideas for an army list.

I'm thinking of an army with:
    A Flyrant modeled with 2Xscytals that could be explained easily as talons and crushers(if i feel lucky, ya know?).Also, any biomorphs that increase survivability/attacks so, perhaps...bioplasma, tusks(if he can have em), Toxmiasma, warp field, adrenal glands(+I), reiforced chitin(if he can have it...again...noob), perhaps toxin sacks, and of course catalyst for...
    Some form of fast attack that could aid the tyrant, either by drawing shots temporarily (and taking advantage of catalyst) or taking out units whilst the tyrant soaks up enemy attacks. I have no idea what to use here because i dont know whether raveners could deploy fast enough to meet the tyrant at the frontline by turn two...winged warriors sound good...but ive no idea really. I am fairly certain that the tyrant and retinue will fall at a random time.
    While the vanguard force distracts the enemy, a slower (but not slow) force of spineguants, hormies, and stealers(with Blord) would move forward toward enermy units away from the tyrant, and eventually the stealers and surviving hormies would enter CC, and hopefully dominate most competition. I think the force should be split into at least 3 medium groups(with zoeys or warriors for synapse and dealing with heavily armoured enemys) with hormies in the two plain spine/stealer groups (for soaking it up and eventuall melee) and a higher concentration of spinegaunts surrounding the Blords Group.

Aiming for a 1500pt army

Also, i plan for a Magneted 'Fex which would have Sbanks, EnSen,extended carapace and the choice of sniper/devil capabilities depending on whats needed more for the battle.

Of course, i have no experience battling whatsoever, so would this configuration work, and if so...what should i use in it?

Foes most likley will be Chaos SM, Imp's and perhaps necrons (and those omnipresent Space Marines!)...but dont base any lists around this info.

YES, I WILL GET THE CODEX SOON( even though its a waste of money as it'll be defunct soon and heaps of rules will change and muck up my attemps at a hassle free "Here's my list, time to build!" army, BUT I GOT MODELS FIRST AND WOULD LIKE TO DO SOMETHING WITH THEM!

please offer any advice you can, even just clarification...thanks!

PS: Going for a light grey skin with med-red carapace colour scheme... anyone seen it before?(if so, are there any pics?)

Last edited by GhostSock; September 10th, 2008 at 11:03. Reason: clarification (also so i can post it someplace else so it might get a hit!)
    This thread is unclean brothers! PURGE IT WITH FLAME!

+ Reply to Thread