'hard boyz list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'hard boyz list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'hard boyz list

Wanted opinions and suggestions regarding my 'hard boyz list for this weekend.

hq - ghaz
    hq - shokk w/ cybork, runt
    elite - 15 loota's
    elite - 13 kommando's, 2 burna's, snikrot
    troop - 30 x shoota, 3 B.S., nob pk, bp
    troop - 20 x shoota, 2 B.S., nob pk, bp
    troop - 30 x slugga, 3 B.S., nob pk, bp
    troop - 30 x slugga, 3 B.S., nob pk, bp
    troop - 12 x slugga, nob pk, bp. w/ trukk
    FA - 15 stormboyz w/nob pk, bp
    FA - 5 kopta's, tl rokkits
    Hvy - kans x 2, 1 B.S., 1 rokkit's
    Hvy - 3 x lobba's, 3 runs
    Hvy - Looted wagon w/boomgun, hardcase, plates

I know its over by a little bit and I'll be trimming the fat, what ya'll think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Not bad

Not a bad start at all, but you need to cut out the ammo runts. The guns they're attached to don't roll to hit, so there's no point in having them. The SAG is an ordnance weapon, so it scatters, and the lobbas are blast weapons, so they do the same (although the way they scatter is different, so check the rulebook). They literally do nothing.

SAG? The list doesn't need an SAG, it needs a Kustom Force Field. That's a lot of boyz, and they need protection. If you don't have one, then I'd cut the SAG out. It isn't bad, but where would you attach him? I'd never attach one to a full team of lootas, as a single bad roll will wipe out both units at once. Lootas are too valuable to risk losing that way.

Give the trukk a ram. Trust me, it does wonders for freeing up your movement, and all but assures that you won't get stuck on terrain.

Never mix weapon types in the same squad. The killa kans both need the same type of weapon, and I'd actually make it kustom mega blastas, although rokkits aren't bad. I wouldn't give them big shootas.

Don't give the looted wagon plates. All it does is allow you to move, even if you're stunned. How does that help a looted boomgun? I'd take those off and instead give it a second gun, either a big shoota or kannon. That way you can still do something with it, even if the main gun is destroyed.

Otherwise the list looks good. Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always understood the ammo runt's "reroll to hit" as allowing a reroll on the scatter dice if you didn't roll a hit. Have I been doing this wrong? I understand how it would work with a regular 5+ shot to hit, but isn't the scatter die also a "to hit" roll?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by joshuasme View Post
    I always understood the ammo runt's "reroll to hit" as allowing a reroll on the scatter dice if you didn't roll a hit. Have I been doing this wrong? I understand how it would work with a regular 5+ shot to hit, but isn't the scatter die also a "to hit" roll?
    No, it's a 'scatter' roll. Ammo grunts only specifically allow you to re-roll normal shots, making them practically useless. If it worked on shots that scatter, they'd specifically tell you if you re-roll the scatter die, or the 2nd variance dice.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread