1500pts Shadowsun list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts Shadowsun list

Hi all,

I was looking around and i didnt saw manny battlereports with the char shadowsun included. So time to test her this saturday against the evil of chaos. I bought her not for nothing....

HQ

Shadowsun 175pts

Normally i take 2 el for each 97 points but i think if i can use the command drone well for the leadership boost she will be awsome. Things that come 2 close will be hit on 2+ and wound on 2+ ( most off the opponent i will fight ) Two els are there for the cost of 194 pts they dont offer special abilities but more shots.

ELITES

3 x crisis'ui ( PR,MP,MT ) 186pts
    1 x crisis'ui ( BC,MP,HWMT,Tleader,TA ) 65pts
    1 x crisis'ui ( BC,MP,HWMT,Tleader,TA ) 65pts

This guys will be use to fight at the side of shadowsun, they offer good amount of shots and this team of battlesuits will be used in a offensive role. Fireknife is always good but sometimes the BS of 3 can be disapointed but the firestorms will fill up that weakness. I used it 2 times like this and it are killingmachines.

TROOPS

10 x fw ( shas'ui,bonded ) 115pts
    10 x fw ( shas'ui,bonded ) 115pts
    11 x fw ( shas'ui,bonded,11 pulse carbines ) 125pts
    10 x kroot, 4 x hounds 94pts
    2 x devilfish ( MT,DP,flechetteDis ) 210pts

Pulse rifle firewariors will be transported in devilfishes and they are armed with flechetteDIS i heard that those things can be nasty. Again those 2 squads will be used offensive to capture points and with a closecombat armed devilfish it must be fun. Pulse carbine squad will advance with the suits and shadowsun. Kroot will be infiltrated to give my hammerheads space to shoot.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Hammerhead ( RG,SMS,DP,MT ) 175pts
    Hammerhead ( RG,SMS,DP,MT ) 175pts

This guys will be pure firesupport, put them obscured and shoot,shoot,shoot. If they will be used as static support ( most of the time ) i take the SMS because i know that my opponent use a lot of cover to advance with his bikes and raptors.

total: 1500pts models: 59

Well i will give a small battlereport sunday in this topic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I really like that list actually.

As in my eyes its different.

The one thing is that, and I suppose this depends on the size and style of board you play one, that those suits are a fire magnet like nothing else, but if you can keep them alive will probably win game after game for you.

The 2 Fishys just for charing up board in last couple of turns or are you using Fish of Fury??
    I'd say use them as a last turn, last 2 turn jump at objective tactic, and keep the fire base there.

I like it though. Be sure to post after games talking about performance.
    "I have dug my grave in this place and I will either triumph or I will die!" Reclusiarch Grimaldus

"Those I cannot crush with words I will crush with the Tanks of the Imperial Guard!" Lord Solar Macharius

"Hear Me Inquisitor Ordinary. Obey me. I am of the Malleus!" Inquisitor Jaq Draco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

battlereport

At the last minute i changed something, i let my devilfishes at home and i put a stealth squad in like this: 6 x stealth ( vre,hwmt,markerlight,2 markerdrones ) 270 pts
    I put the 2 firestorms in one squad of 2 suits, one was the teamleader with increased bs ( ta ) My friend had a list with 1554 pts and i had one of 1552 pts. For a 1500 pts battle i just drop one firestorm suit.

This battle was with 3 objectives. One on my deployment zone and his and the other one in the middle of the map.

So this was the first time with shadowsun and with the new blast rules availeble on the hammerheads. I will just explain some possitive points about this list.

I had the first turn and my hammerheads wiped out his havocs on the building guided with the markerlight hits from my stealthsuit squad. The other hammerhead maked some cassulties in the heavy bolter squad. ( The new blast rules are awesome, i had many hits and if i scattered my high BS saved me ) My hammerheads had a boost with the new rules.

My stealthsuits where awesome in the backup role to markerlight anything and they did very well as counterattack role. Its a terror when they can hit on 2+ with markerlight hits. Gonna use this more.

And finally commander shadowsun!!! She is absolute worth her points, she killed 3 termies and 3 bikers and u will think is that all but the most important thing is that in turn 4 tree squads had to moral check and with the help of the command link drone they all passed, without it they ran from the table. For me that was the thing that from now on she would be my HQ choise for the future. My friend agreed and sayed that it was harder to fight me with my increased moral.

At the end i lost the battle in turn 4 it was a important turn for both sides, and i roled so bad that it was difficult to take more objectives. But it was a awsome good battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Nice, thanks for the battle report. I had recently been eyeing up Shadowsun but the fact that she can't join other units has delayed me ( I wanted her to lead my stealth team). The boost in Ld would help alot I think. Usually I want my things to run away but their Initiative is so slow they get sweeping advanced.

Glad your having luck with the new blast scatter rules. It has turned my awesome 3+ to hit (2+ w/ 1 ML) huge template into an inaccurate and wasteful weapon. Even w/ -BS it's still TWOd6.

+ Reply to Thread