in need of help, plssss - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in need of help, plssss

i will take part in a local tournament next Saturday, i need to have a good balanced army against all races and suitable for all missions. ehh difficult task , pls help! any suggestions how to improve my list? pls , and which is best?

Necron Lord 100pts

10 Warriors 180pts
    10 Warriors 180pts
    10 Warriors 180pts

3 Destroyers 150pts

8 Immortals 224pts

1 Monolith 235pts
    1 Monolith 235pts

TOTAL 1484pts

(the remaning points will be given as upgrades for the lord)

or

The Nightbringer 360pts

10 Warriors 180pts
    10 Warriors 180pts
    10 Warriors 180pts

5 Destroyers 250pts

1 Monolith 235pts
    2 Tomb Spiders 110pts

TOTAL 1495pts

10x very much , help will be very appriciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably 2nd list but changing the night bringer for a VoD lord and 8 immortals second to last turn leave ur immortals to kill mortals and VoD and squad of warriors on an object in ur enemies side and use ur destroyers and every thing to contest all objects ur opponent holds. just win one nil by contesting on the last turn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I presume it's a 1,500 point tourny? In such a tourny I would not necessarily bother with a Nightbringer, he would be intimidating but his abilities would not be so useful if you're going to fight lots of MEQ armies (most tournies usually have a lot of marines around). If your heart's set on a C'tan I would urge you to use the Deceiver as he's useful in many more situations and just as good at murdering terminators as the Nightbringer is.

Personally I would not use either C'tan, I'd be thinking more along the lines of...

Lord + Ress Orb + V.O.D.

5 Immortals

2 x 10 Warriors
    1x 11 Warriors

2 x 3 Destroyers

1 Monolith

1 Tomb Spyder

43 Necrons, phase out at 10.

Lord with ress orb to keep the phalanx alive initially, then later can veil to contest or take objectives or can veil with immortals to do the ol' Flying Circus. There is space on this list for a warscythe, but if you're going to be veiling then it's not really worth it as he'll never be in CC.

Keep the 11 strong squad of warriors out of the way at all times, phase out is at 10 so even if that's the only squad left alive and whole you still won't phase out. The other two hold the phalanx and try to contest/take objectives.

If you're going to take Destroyers, never take a single squad of 5, as one turn of shooting can remove all of your Gauss Cannons with no chance for We'll Be Back. It's much better to keep 2 squads of three together so that even if a squad is wiped out it can still come back due to the second squad. Tomb Spyder can also help if you want to use the Destroyers on opposite flanks.

I think this list will work well against both swarms and elite armies, but you must keep it out of CC using the Mono, veil and the Tomb Spyder to tie up enemies. It could be worth changing out a few units or dropping the veil to get some scarabs to act as tarpits/speedbumps for the faster CC armies.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

I agree with the above, it's preference really. However, I really like more destroyers and 2 squads of 3 would not only let you split your fire if needed, but destroyers are just NASTY! In fact I'd drop 'some' immortals in favor of the 2nd squad of destroyers.

Also I agree with if you go with a Ctan, deceiver has more utility (especially to help your warrior phalanx). But personally, I'm loving 2 monoliths. Only Tau and IG (with lots of lascannons) scare me, other than that...they last most of the game, and SERIOUSLY help with horde armies with Gauss flux and the pie templates! I suppose 1 monolith is normal, and tomb spyders are nice counter assaulters, but with 2 monoliths you'll always be able to pluck units out and shoot the crap out of anyone who assaulted you.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

List two is a good start, one change though. Swap Nightbringer out for Deceiver, then add one more destroyer split two squads of 3. Squeeze in an extra warrior to make the difference. Tomb spyders are a good choice I approve.

Please spell your words out. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread