Need help with good list... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!! aeroplane's Avatar
    40,000 feet.
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

569 (x7)

Need help with good list...

Howdy! I'm almost finished painting my Necron army, and I'm trying to come up with a good list to start with...

Here's what I have for models

2 Foot lord
    1 Destroyer lord

40 Warriors
    17 Immortals (actually the original metal warrior model, but 'counts as' in this case)
    7 Destroyer
    1 Heavy Destroyer
    3 Wraith
    1 Tomb Spider
    10 4x Scarab Bases

In 1500, I'm thnking about a Flying Circus and a Destroyer Lord with the Wraiths, and all models Necron

The Flying Circus (480)
    Lord, VoD, Orb
    10 Immortals

Wraiths/D Lord (263)
    Lord, Destroyer Body, Warscythe
    3 Wraiths

4 Destroyers (200)

10 Warriors (180)
    10 Warriors (180)
    10 Warriors (180)

1483 pts Phase at 13

Whadda Think? Is there a better way to utilize my models?

Thanks in advance!

My insanely large Chaos Marine Army - look

Thier commander's motto-listen

2. Remove Advertisements

You Can't Kill the Metal Stabby_McGee's Avatar
    Denver, CO
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

222 (x3)

I think it sounds great! Personally I'd consolidate your warriors into 2 groups of 15 though. Big groups of warriors (although a pain in the ass to move around the table) are incredibly resilient and will force your opponent to direct fire from multiple groups to just 1 group of warriors to take it out. This past weekend I tried 2 groups of 20 for the first time and at one point I had 1 group engaged in combat with 3 other units, and they held their own for 3 turns! (great opportunity to have your wraiths swoop in and make a mess of things ) Plus with more models in a unit theres less of a chance of suffering 25% casualties during a shooting phase.

Oh, and get rid of the orb on your foot lord. There probably won't be many S10 weapons firing at your immortals. In most cases they'll get their WBB rolls so you can spend this 40pts elsewhere... Either pick up solar pulse (for when you plan to veil into an area where you might get shot up) or sink those extra points into more warriors.

Necrons ~4500pts / Orks ~2000pts / Thousand Sons ~750pts

+ Reply to Thread