Eldar 1000pt list, suggestions needed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar 1000pt list, suggestions needed

So, I'll be playing my friends Ordo Xenos army, it's three storm trooper squads, a deathwatch kill team, a dreadnought, and three rhinos. Any suggestions about what I could do to have a better list are welcome, I'll put a list of everything I have so you know what I have to work with at the end.

Farseer
    Singing Spear
    Spirit Stones
    Fortune
    Doom

10 Guardians
    EML

10 Dire Avengers
    Exarch
    PW/SS
    Defend/Bladestorm

8 Storm Guardians
    Two flamers
    Warlock
    Enhance

9 Striking Scorpions
    Exarch
    Scorpion's Claw

4 Dark Reapers
    Exarch
    Tempest Launcher

Falcon
    EML

Total: 999

My thought was a footslogging horde with the Striking Scorpions and Storm Guardians supporting the Dire Avengers and Guardians. The Dark Reapers would go after the Killteam and the Falcon would be bringing down Rhinos. I'd like to fit holo-shields in there, but I have no idea where I'd get the points. As I said before, any and all suggestions welcome.

Other things I have:
    Karandras
    6 Jetbikes
    10 more DA's
    10 Howling Banshees
    6 Fire Dragons
    7 Swooping Hawks
    2 War Walkers
    1 Wave Serpent
    5 Rangers
    2 Vypers

P.S. I know the Storm Guardians squad is slightly illegal, blame GW for selling them in packs of 8. The person I'm playing is ok with it, so it's all good.

Last edited by Shodemofi; September 19th, 2008 at 04:46. Reason: Reading the pinned threads is good....
    2500 Eldar
    2000 Blood Angels (Angels Encarmine)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off the bat you can't take guardians in squads smaller than ten. Also a unit of 8 storm guardians isn't gonna do much against marines. Frankly I don't see this list doing amazingly, the guardians with out warlocks are extremely vulnerable. I would replace the 8 stormies for the 6 jetbikes and replace the scorpions with banshees exarch/executioner. 20pts. less and even more deadly to marines. This would give you the points for the jetbikes which is a good harrasement unit. A falcon is really not a good addition to this list as it isn't the tank it once was, since it is not ferrying troops I would replace it. For 135 points you could get two WW w/dual EML's on one and EML/Scatter Laser on the second for same amount of points. Alternativly you could have One with EML/BL and the other with dual scatterlasers for 5pts. more if you can find the room. I would also replace the other defender guardians as they won't go far without a warlock and even though they add some EML fire power. They won't be able to hit anything and would be better replaced by 5 dire avengers exarch/dual cats. and bladestorm. This is just a better unit, with 18 shots that have a higher chance of killing with doom. Just my thoughts.

Tikidude92

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

If you want a "footslogging horde" you need to have bigger units of the guardians. A LOT bigger. they'll be wiped off the map or run away before they even attempt at earning any points. At best they're currently a screen for your scorpions. If you want to keep your theme then you need to increase the squad sizes to their max. Perhaps proxy the regular guardians as storm guardians?

I say drop the falcon and dark reapers and take the banshees and war walkers. This shouldn't change the feel too much of your army. You've still got a lot of infantry that's going to walk up. The dark reapers were vunerable to the rhino's deliverying marines but now without them you don't care much where he drops off troops. Just don't let him dance around you with them. But that's what your war walkers are for. If you can find the points let the scorpions infiltrate, they can tie up some marines and take fire off your running infantry.

Now i don't beleive in tailoring a list to beat an army, but frankly i feel this list is more of an anti-horde. So it's not really tailored to be anti-marine. Don't let people sway you from playing the style you want though. If you want a footslogging horde then play it. proxy if you have to though, don't gimp yourself with lack of models. That or change your tactic.

*cough* howling banshees, rangers, fire dragons, wave serpent, avatar, jetbikes, DAs, and more DAs *cough*

+ Reply to Thread