Ravensquig - 1000 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ravensquig - 1000 pts

Wazdakka - 180

9 Burnas + 3 - 180
    3 Meks, KMB
    Battlewagon
    Deffrolla, Big Shoota, Grot Riggers - 120

6 Warbikers - 190
    Nob, Bosspole, PK

5 Warbikers - 165
    Nob, Bosspole, PK

5 Warbikers - 165
    Nob, Bosspole, PK

I decided to try a completely new list for my next game. I know it does not have a lot of models but that has never hindered me in the past. I've played all the Nob biker lists at 1000 and even a MANZ list at 1000 so this is actually fairly robust in terms of numbers for me. I generally play very elite armies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

looks good

There are no problems i can see. it looks fast and dead killy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

I really don't like the burnas. Honestly, I haven't used them since 5th edition came out. They're great anti-infantry, but the orks already have a lot of great anti-infantry that counts as troops as well, and with all the objective based missions, this is vital.

What this list needs is some muscle, to put the pressure on the enemy and give your bikes the time they need to get to where they'll be most effective.

What the list really needs is nob bikers, but at that point, it's over 1000 points...or is it?

HQ

Warboss on bike w/powerklaw, cybork [135]

Wazzdakka [180]

TROOP

5 Warbikes w/nob, powerklaw, bosspole [165]

6 Warbikes w/nob, powerklaw, bosspole [190]

5 nob bikers w/1 powerklaw and scorcha, painboy, cybork, wauugh banner, bosspole [330]

Put wazzdakka with the 5 warbikes and the warboss with the nob bikers. Try and get first turn. If not, keep them way out of sight. Supercharge the first round, strung out wide and long, so they don't get chewed up by ordnance. Sink the nob bikers into close combat, have the 6 warbikes go after armor, and use wazzdakka's unit to provide supporting fire.

That would be a fun list, although it might be more competitive to do this instead (this is what I'd actually use):

HQ

Wazzdakka [180]

TROOP

5 Warbikes w/nob, powerklaw, bosspole [165]

19 Slugga boyz w/nob, powerklaw, bosspole (this unit goes into the wagon) [154]

HEAVY

Battlewagon w/big shoota, deffrolla grot riggers [120]

There's only 19 slugga boyz simply because I couldn't find the final 5 points I needed...unless Wazzdakka has a bosspole? I forget if he comes with one. If so, you could drop the bosspole off the unit you want him to join, and put the 20th boy back in the wagon.

Well, that's what I'd do. In any case, good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your first list is my old list, lol. I wanted to experiment without the bikers.

Waz does have a bosspole. I am not against the second list at all. I actually considered just that set up.

+ Reply to Thread