1750 Alaitoc w/ Seer Council - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Alaitoc w/ Seer Council

Heya
    Been thinkin' on what to do for Eldar as I liquidate a ton of GW stuff. Since 5th I haven't really played. I am always confused with Eldar army building, because I hate the troops choices they have. So... it was quite a feat to scrap together a list I was proud of. Here it is...

HQ
    Farseer fortune, guide, spirit, witness
    6 Warlocks 1xenhance 1xembolden 2x spears

Elite
    8xFire dragons

Troops
    6 Rangers
    6 Rangers
    6 Rangers
    6 Pathfinders

Fast
    5 Shining Spears Exarch skilled riders star lance
    8 warp spiders
    8 warp spiders

Heavy
    Wraithlord Bright lance
    Wraithlord Bright lance

I hope I dont have to many kill points. I dont plan to play my rangers all that aggressively for their infiltrate anyhow. Spears are going to be my 2nd/3rd turn punch. Wish I had the points to shove some scatter lasers on my Wraithlords. The fire dragons will march with the council against marines. Spiders are there to help stop transports and potentially deep strike against the right opponents.

Love to hear you tear it apart, and thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

I feel this list is a bit flimsy, honestly. You don't put out many shots at all so you will be swamped by even a small hoard list. What is it about the troops that you hate? if you give this information I may be able to help you choose more constructively.
    Never apologise for asking questions young seers, through asking
    questions we find answers, and through those answers we gain
    knowledge of ourselves and the universe around us
    -Farseer Marauth
    Meet My Autarch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really cool list. I love the idea as a anti-marine/meq list. hordes will swamp you with their numbers as Dekendo said. Though the spiders will help. I might recommend dropping the dragons for some striking scorps. They will help with hordes. I really think that this list is creative, test it see if it works and then tell us.

Good Luck!!

Tikidude92

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can definitely understand the lack of faith vs hordes. I think my maneuverability and a more defensive/offensive infiltrate deployment methods can buy me time and force hordes into some tough choices. Sacrificing units verse hordes armies for the sake of double flamer wraithlord abuse can go a long way to thinning the ranks. Belief in my generalship aside; I agree I am weak against hordes!

I do not like that Eldar Troops choices are so fragile and built for only one purpose. I feel that rangers are over costed and avengers are far to demanding of army resources(other units) to fulfill more than one roll(which is very dependent on whether or not they have a transport). The bikes strike me as their only true multi purpose unit but... they require a list to take advantage of them to any degree beyond quick objective grabbers. Both versions of guardians do not produce near enough offensive power to be objectively added to a list. This is more of a general army complaint, which I should preface by saying; I love that Eldar demand synergy between units. I hope you can understand what my complaint is. I do not like having to demand resources from multiple units for another to be successful. Please do not flame me about dire avengers being amazing, I am well aware of there uses and they are mighty.

The fire dragons were the only part of the list I was not very comfortable with adding.

A unit I would like to try in this sort of build would be...
    3 Guardian Jet Bikers Warlock on bike with destructor

Though smaller than I would like as a unit typically, I believe they could fill a very particular niche. Fast tank busting and horde thinning unit. Well worth diving them into many tanks and power weapon less MEQ units. Good for clipping a 20+ ork/tyranid squad and living to fight until the opponents turn. High utility unit.

I am interested to see whatcha would do with the concept dekendo.

Thank you for the criticism, it makes me wonder...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

The Dragons are not going to reach their target....

You seriously require anti-tank firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by purple40k View Post
    I can definitely understand the lack of faith vs hordes. I think my maneuverability and a more defensive/offensive infiltrate deployment methods can buy me time and force hordes into some tough choices. Sacrificing units verse hordes armies for the sake of double flamer wraithlord abuse can go a long way to thinning the ranks. Belief in my generalship aside; I agree I am weak against hordes!
    Fantastic! At least we are off to a good start. knowing your weaknesses is the first step to COVERING YOUR ASS!

I do not like that Eldar Troops choices are so fragile and built for only one purpose. I feel that rangers are over costed and avengers are far to demanding of army resources(other units) to fulfill more than one roll(which is very dependent on whether or not they have a transport). The bikes strike me as their only true multi purpose unit but... they require a list to take advantage of them to any degree beyond quick objective grabbers. Both versions of guardians do not produce near enough offensive power to be objectively added to a list. This is more of a general army complaint, which I should preface by saying; I love that Eldar demand synergy between units. I hope you can understand what my complaint is. I do not like having to demand resources from multiple units for another to be successful. Please do not flame me about dire avengers being amazing, I am well aware of there uses and they are mighty.
    Understanding the Eldar 101: Every unit must draw upon the army as a whole to reach it's full potential. Some specific units can stand alone but can be even more powerful when used in combination with other units. An example of this: 10 banshees will on average kill 6-7 marines on a charge but if you had bladestormed this same target befoe they reached it then that squad would be reduced another 3-4 members leaving it with nothing standing. Either of these units may be replaced with a farseer for similar effect.

As for the flimsy troops, I feel your pain but remember if you just can't stand having weak troops then take a wraithguard unit. It's expensive because they must be 10 strong and have a spiritseer to count as troops. I personally put my faith in a pair of dire avenger squads in wave serpents and 3 small bike squads. This gives me an effectively 30-36" threat range. It's durable and hard to catch unless I am using them to bait more valued targets.

The fire dragons were the only part of the list I was not very comfortable with adding.
    Firedragons are fantastical! However, they need a transport to be effective. I run these at a full squad with an exarch carrying a Dragon's breath flamer. This it amazing because quite often there will be a wall of men in front of an expensive vehicle. Target the vehicle but shoot with the flamer covering as many of the men as possible. This way you will cook a squad with the flamer and then you have enough dragons to melt down even the mightiest of war machines, cover save or not! These are especially good at cooking a high armored unit as well. Ex: Terminators!

A unit I would like to try in this sort of build would be...
    3 Guardian Jet Bikers Warlock on bike with destructor
    YES! Works fantastic and if you take 2 or 3 of these it works even better.

Though smaller than I would like as a unit typically, I believe they could fill a very particular niche. Fast tank busting and horde thinning unit. Well worth diving them into many tanks and power weapon less MEQ units. Good for clipping a 20+ ork/tyranid squad and living to fight until the opponents turn. High utility unit.

I am interested to see whatcha would do with the concept dekendo.

Thank you for the criticism, it makes me wonder...
    Well there you have it. Any more questions will be answered if and when you have them.
    Never apologise for asking questions young seers, through asking
    questions we find answers, and through those answers we gain
    knowledge of ourselves and the universe around us
    -Farseer Marauth
    Meet My Autarch

Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I think swaping out the Fire Dragons for either another Wraithlord (is there such a thing as too many of them), Dark Reapers (more needed ranged hit, eldar missile launcher on exarch), or Striking Scorpions (for going toe-to-toe with horde units.) I think either option would keep your army feeling the theme you're going for while enhancing the over all experience.
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

+ Reply to Thread