Votewar, Post your lists and vote - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x1)

Votewar, Post your lists and vote

please post your lists...
    then vote on the ones you think should represent us in the inter codex votewar. deadline is saturday.

Note: vote in bold which list you think should go though

Note 2: name your lists so people can vote for you

Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
    Mal: Define "interesting".
    Wash: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

'ere we go

Is it due by midnight tonight, or midnight tomorrow? If it's tonight, we may not get many votes. Well, here's my list:

HQ

Big mek w/KFF, 'eavy armor [90]

Warboss on bike w/powerklaw, cybork [135]

TROOP

30 Shoota boyz w/3 big shootas, nob, powerklaw, bosspole [235]

6 Nob bikers w/2 powerklaws, 1 scorcha (on nob w/powerklaw), painboy, cybork, wauughh banner, bosspole [405]

ELITE

13 Lootas [195]

12 Kommandos w/2 burnas + Snikkrot (13 models total) [235]

Well, that's the list I'd bring. Just in case he's busy, this is ==Me=='s list that he mentioned:

HQ

Ghazghkull [225]

Big mek w/KFF [85]

TROOP

30 Shoota boyz w/nob, powerklaw [215]

ELITE

15 Kommandos w/2 burnas, Snikkrot [265]

FAST

3 Deffkoptas [135]

Personally, I think the shoota boyz need bosspoles and big shootas at the very least, or else there's no long range shooting in his entire list, and against Eldar and Tau that would be a nightmare.

Also, doesn't Snikkrot count towards the limit of 15 models in the troop? Or did I misunderstand, and it's 14 Kommandos w/2 burnas + Snikkrot?

Anyway, that's the lists so far. Any thoughts/votes?
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; September 26th, 2008 at 14:54. Reason: grammar
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Actually, ==My== list has all sluggas and bosspoles for each unit. The Koptas have big shootas and are split into 3 units of 1. And the Kommandoz are 15 strong, including Snikrot.

Now, grax's list looks a lot more flexible with the speedy bikers and Lootas, and shoota boyz are always nice. ==My== only concern is the high profile target the Lootas and Bikers are. They will get shot at ASAP and could be in big trouble with certain builds (we can expect Lash, for example). Lootas will also not to great in DoW and the Bikers can be isolated if they run too far ahead.

Another idea I had: BW spam. 2 Megabosses, and tons of Nobs or Meganobs with BW transports. Lots of AV14, lots of deff rollas, and a ton of boyz to hold objectives.

Or, how about this compromise:

HQ
    Big Mek-KFF, bosspole, 'eavy armor

Elites
    13 Lootas
    13 Lootas
    13 Lootas

Troops
    30 Sluggas, PK and bosspole

A ridiculous number of models, tons of firepower from the lootas, the only thing it misses is speed and DoW will also cause problems. But with so much stuff on the board, they can't possibly kill it all.
    Last edited by ==Me==; September 26th, 2008 at 15:15.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waz an' da boyz

Warboss - 100
    TL-Shoota, Big Choppa, 'Eavy Armour, Bosspole,
    Cybork, Attack Squig

Wazdakka - 180

4 Meganobs - 175
    2 Kombi-Scorcha, Kombi-Rokkit
    in
    Battlewagon
    Deffrolla, Big Shoota, Grot Riggers - 120

6 Warbikers - 190
    Nob, Bosspole, PK

6 Warbikers - 190
    Nob, Bosspole, PK

Deffkopta - 45
    TL-Rokkits

1000 points

A little explanation here. The MANZ will head straight for the opponents objective and attempt to 'take and hold'. On the way they can sort out any vulnerable squads. The combi-rokkit is there to give them a purpose when hunkering down on the objective or a shot at a tank when nothing else is available. For a few points I just might get lucky. The warboss has a Big Choppa and six attacks at initiative on the charge. I don't need a mega armoured boss with three PKs already in the squad.

The bikes will be spearheading up the table and Wazdakka can join in a melee or just tank hunt on his own.

The lone Kopta will be used as a distraction. It is not worth much to shoot at but it cannot be left alone either.
    The battlewagon with Deffrolla has proved to be brutal in small games. It is must deal with vehicle that frees space up for my bikers.

Now this is a list has either run over my opponents with ease or had a very tough time winning. There seems to be no in between with it. It is all or nothing. My record with this list has been quite good at the 1000 point level. I have three tough troop choices and only 7 KPs. I'm now trying to see if anything can replace the MANZ. I have Nob bikers and burnas and trukk boys as alternatives. I have used the Biker Nobs and they worked quite well but I do love my MANZ.
    Last edited by bebe; September 26th, 2008 at 15:20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Looks a tad short on models, but otherwise good. I like Warbikes and taking them is always good. How would you expand it to 2000 points for VW?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Compromise

I used shoota boyz because that's what most Ghaz+180+Snikkrot lists use. Even if you run with them every turn, having the option to shoot is very good, especially if you need to hold objectives. Also, as I mentioned before, if there are no big shootas, then the list has virtually no long range shooting at all.

I wouldn't spam lootas. The dawn of war setup will once again crush them, and in general there will be situations where they aren't as useful, like Chaos armies with 2 lashing demon princes, or basilisk heavy IG lists.

Here's the compromise list I mentioned in the other thread (I'll change some sluggas to shootas, since that's what ==Me== would use):

HQ

Ghaz [225]

Big mek w/KFF [85]

TROOP

30 Slugga boyz w/nob, 'eavy armor on nob, powerklaw, bosspole [225]

30 Slugga boyz w/nob, 'eavy armor on nob, powerklaw, bosspole [225]

30 Shoota boyz w/3 big shoota, nob, powerklaw, bosspole [235]

30 Shoota boyz w/3 big shoota, nob, powerklaw, bosspole [235]

3 Meganobz w/trukk, ram [160]

12 Slugga boyz w/nob, 'eavy armor on nob, powerklaw, bosspole, trukk, ram [157]

ELITE

13 Lootas [195]

14 Kommandos w/2 burna, + Snikkrot (15 models total) [255]

As it stands, I think this list, which is basically just an adapted version of ==Me=='s original list, gets my vote. It has plenty of boyz, but also has a much better chance of winning objective based missions, and the meganobz should be fun.

Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My pure Ravensquig 1500 - 2000 point lists have two mobs of Nob bikers, lots of warbikers a lot more deffkoptas. A biker boss becomes mandatory of course. I use nothing but bikes in the list! No MANZ, no BWs, no Kommandos etc. Again it is a list you really have to be familiar with. It is not suited to for everyone's play style and the first three or four games I played were mostly a learning process assessing how best to utilize the resources of the list.

The 1000 point list seems straightforward but it takes practice to play an elite force. It is VERY LOW on models. Up to 1500 I will use a lot of hybrid lists. Kommandos, trukk boyz and BWs will often be part of the lists. I like to play around a bit at the lower point levels. I'm all busines over 1500 points though.
    Last edited by bebe; September 26th, 2008 at 16:43.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Well?

Want to post a version of the list, Bebe? I'm having trouble envisioning a list with two nob biker units and many warbikes. Are there two biker warbosses, or one warboss and wazzdakka?

I'd think you'd either need trukks or warbikes taken as troops in order for it to be effective. If you're using wazzdakka, I wouldn't use a second unit of nob bikers, not if they wouldn't count as a troop.

How's it work?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wazdakka Gutsmek
    -180pts.

Warboss: 135
    Bike, Power Klaw, Cybork

6 Nobz: 405
    Bikes, Painboy, Cybork, Waaagh! Banner,
    2 Power Klaw, Kombi-Scorcha, Bosspole

6 Nobz: 380
    Bikes, Painboy, Cybork, Waaagh! Banner,
    Power Klaw, Kombi-Scorcha, Bosspole

6 Warbikers - 190
    Nob, Bosspole, PK

6 Warbikers - 190
    Nob, Bosspole, PK

6 Warbikers - 190
    Nob, Bosspole, PK

Deffkoptas: 225
    5 Deffkoptas with Twin-Linked Rokkit Launcha.

Deffkoptas: 105.
    3 Deffkoptas with Twin-Linked Big Shootas
    Last edited by bebe; September 27th, 2008 at 02:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

I'd second grax on losing the 2nd unit of nob bikers if you only have 1 boss. You can field more Warbikers this way and beef your existing units up to 7 or 9. Also, Deff Koptaz need to be in units of 1 ot 5, nothing in between, due to low morale.

@grax, I see the appeal of shoota boyz. I admittedly haven't used them en masse thanks to AoBR leaving ==Me== with a massive surplus of sluggas. All that dakka will cause plenty of problems, and the PK still does its thang just fine.

I assume the Trukks will be held in reserve and rushed out later to get stuck in, or run in DoW for a 1st turn charge. Nob Bikers might be killier and give up less KPs, but Trukks are immune to lash and they can strike at different targets.

I endorse this list.

Also, another approach I thought of: countering other armies. There are some armies out there where the powerbuild is very predictable, how would we deal with them?
    We know:
    -Chaos will field 2 Lash Princes
    -Eldar will take Grav Tanks
    -Tyranids will run Nidzilla and stealer shock
    -Marines will use Sternguard

How could we counter this? Trukk-mounted assassination squads can handle Lash Princes, Lootas own grav tanks, masses of Boyz smack nidzilla around silly, shootas destroy genestealers at range, and Sternguard are still just normal marines statwise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast