Battle suit Heavy Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battle suit Heavy Army

Just a question about creating an army.

I'd really like to have a Tau Army that mostly consists of the Battle suits.

I know I need an HQ, and at least 2 troop choices, but then....

-does that mean that I can use the rest of the points to field just battle suits??-

Just like the Imperial Guard can have a column of tanks as an army, could I just use Battle Suits??

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While you could field a ton of Battlesuits, I would recomend having a balanced force. You need a good amount of firepower, not just specialized weapons on Battlesuits. Fielding vehicles and broadsides force your opponent to play defensively. Nothing like a S 10 AP 1 weapon to scare enemies with expensive units!

Green Tide: 4000pts

Senior Member Spartan Command061's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

In a 1750pt army, 3 teams of 2 and 2 hq's usually qualifies as Battle Suit Heavy, this gives you more than enough teams to field different layouts, but not so many suits as the rest of your army is poor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to do this at once, I would highly suggest taking Far-sight. Stick him with a bodyguard of 7, Choose what ever weapons you want to and if you really want to max on upgrades, Take drone controllers and give them all shield drones. The targeting array and multitracker for the bodyguard is a must in my opinion.

Apart from that take 2 sqauds of 5 firewarrirors to min on troops. (Although I did make this list in 4th sooo not so good any more. It gives you an idea of what you can do)

But yeah I would suggest taking bodygaurd battlesuits mainly and broad sides.
    Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

just remember, unless you and you friends have agreed to always play annihalate then troops will be needed where ever you're playing after all imagine 5 firewarriors trying to hold an objective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

joex is right, unless you play annihilate this list is not feasible. But a tau mech list is always a good list, e.g. fire warriors in devilfish, hammerhead and lots of crisis suits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id go maybe 4-6 min strength squads then do the rest of your army with broadsides and crisis suits. or if youd like to be sneaky...... the heavy stealth army with just kroots and stealth suits galore lol

Senior Member Spartan Command061's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by moonis View Post
    id go maybe 4-6 min strength squads then do the rest of your army with broadsides and crisis suits. or if youd like to be sneaky...... the heavy stealth army with just kroots and stealth suits galore lol
    Uh, that army would have some sort of anti-tank i hope, surely excellent against masses of GEQ's, and MEQ's at a pinch (sheer volume of shots), but a fast assault or a few heavy tanks will pose a massive threat. Sure i don't doubt the funny value, but effectiveness of that list would need to be rounded out with, well, less sneaky options.

I'll pop up some ideas for a suit heavy list, but stay away from farsight unless you really want to get hurt/or know what your doing.

+ Reply to Thread