1500 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts

HQ: Warboss in mega armour 100

Elites: 5 meganobz
    5 kombi weapons
    Trukk
    riggers
    Extra plating
    Ram

10 lootas 150

Troops: 10 slugga boyz 60
    Nob 16
    Power klaw 25
    bosspole 5
    Battlewagon 90
    Extra armour 5
    kilkannon 60
    kannon 10
    2 rokkit launcha 20
    1 big shoota 5
    Riggers 5

20 shoota boyz 120
    Nob PK 41
    2 rokkit launchas 20

20 slugga boyz 120
    Nob PK 41
    2 big shootas 10

Fast attack: 3 deffkoptas 105
    Buzzsaws 75
    twin linked rokkits 30
    Heavy support: Deff dread
    2 CC
    Riggers
    Armour plates

If anyone could tell me which is the best method of making a battlewagon is much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

Those meganobz are troops, not elites. If you have a warboss in the unit, then they count as troops. Trust me, this is a very good thing. That way they can claim objectives.

The warboss needs a cybork body, or else he'll be to easy to kill when facing power weapons, low AP shooting and monstrous creatures, which will come up a lot. He also really needs a bosspole. It's far too easy to cause a unit of nobz to run unless they have one. Trust me, if you have the option to take a bosspole, then always take it. Normally you should put it on the unit, rather than the warboss, but in this case that isn't an option, so give one to the warboss.

What combi-weapons do the meganobz have? I'd give them scorchas. I wouldn't give grot riggers or armor plating to their trukk. Trukks are far too easy to destroy to warrant them. The best way to keep the trukk alive is to hide them behind cover, but in this case, you might want to consider holding the trukk in reserve. That way you're guaranteed at least one full move towards the enemy. If you don't like that idea, then I'd give the battlewagon to the meganobz, rather than the boyz.

On that note, you need 20 boyz in that battlewagon. 10 aren't going to do much for you. Never use anything less than 20 boyz, or in the case of trukks, 12. Orks die too easily to get by with units that small.

The battlewagon has way too much on it. If it moves a single inch, then you'll only be able to fire one gun, and since it's a transport, you'll probably be moving every single turn. Cut off everything besides 1 or 2 guns. I don't like killkannons, but some people do, so it's up to you. Extra armor is 10 points, not 5.

I don't like units of 2-4 deffkoptas. I always use 5 or just 1 in each unit. If you have 2-4, then you'll have to make a panic check after only a single casualty. I wouldn't give them a buzzsaw. They only strike with strength 7, which doesn't do that much against armor, and deffkoptas do poorly in close combat no matter what you do. They're really about sneaking around and shooting.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok then how about this one?

HQ:warboss
    mega armour
    cybork 110
    (Attaches to meganobz)

Elites 5x meganobz w/ kombi skorchas 225
    Trukk 35

15 lootas 225

Troops: 30 shoota boyz
    Nob
    Bosspole
    3 rokkits

30 slugga boyz
    Nob Pk
    Bosspole
    3 big shootas

Fast attack: 1 deffkopta
    Rokkits
    buzzsaw

1 deffkopta
    Rokkits
    buzzsaw

1 deffkopta
    Rokkits
    buzzsaw

Heavy support: Battlewagon 90
    Extra armour 5
    kilkannon 60
    2 Big shootas 10
    2 rokkits 20
    Riggers 5
    Ard case 15
    Deff rolla 20

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm?

The list looks better, but there are still a few problems that I mentioned earlier that weren't changed, and in one case, the problem is crippling.

Most importantly of all, the warboss needs a bosspole. It's not optional. Those meganobz will be running and dying relatively quickly unless they have one. Is it a modeling issue? Just clip a small pole out of plastic (the sprue the plastic figures came attached to works fine) and glue something relatively orky to it.

I'd give also give their trukk a ram. Anything that looks like a bumper will do. Trust me, it'll open up a lot more of the board for you.

Deffkoptas are way too expensive if you give them each a buzzsaw, and they aren't very effective in any case. If the target vehicle moved, each deffkopta gets only 3 attacks, which is 1.5 hits, and with a 2/3 chance of getting a vehicle damage result...that's statistically only 1 vehicle damage result, which means a good portion of the time you won't get any. It does improve their odds of doing damage, but it also means rushing right up to the enemy, all but guaranteeing that kopta won't survive another turn. Personally, I prefer koptas with big shootas. Outflank, stay back, and fire away at back armor. The choice is yours, but I still think the buzzsaw is a ripoff.

Extra armor is 10 points, not 5. I'd remove extra armor altogether if it's not a transport. It's not that vital if the battlewagon moves every turn or not. Ard case also seems overpriced for what it does, but it's your call.

The battlewagon is still far too overloaded with weapons. If you move a single inch, then you can only fire one gun. Are you planning to use the battlewagon for shooting from a distance, or rushing forward?

If you're sitting back and shooting, I'd definitely cut off the deffrolla (no point to it if you're standing still), and then cut out either the killkannon or most of the other guns. It can't fire both the killkannon and any other guns in the same turn. Either use a killannon and one other gun (so it can still shoot if the killkannon is destroyed), or take off the killkannon and put on as many small guns as possible. Also, never mix big shootas and rokkits in the same unit. Any shots at vehicles will be wasting the big shoota shots. Switch them all to one type.

If you're rushing forward with the wagon, I'd cut it down to either the killkannon and one other gun, or just one gun of any type, since that's all you'll be able to shoot in any case.

In any case, a team of lootas would probably be more effective than a loaded up battlewagon. Battlewagons are mainly for transporting troops, and believe it or not, a unit of 9-13 orks hiding in terrain has a better chance of surviving than a battlewagon, at least against most armies.

In any case, good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok one more shot

HQ:warboss
    mega armour
    Bosspole 5
    cybork 115

Elites: 15 lootas 225

5 lootas 75

Troops:
    Meganobz 225

30 shoota boyz 180
    Nob PK/bosspole 46
    3 rokkit launchas 30

30 slugga boyz 180
    Nob PK/BP 46
    3 big shootas 15

Fast attack: 3 deffkoptas 105

3 rokkit

3 big bomms 165

Heavy support: battlewagon 90
    Deff rolla 20
    Ard case 15
    Rokkit 10
    Kilkannon 60
    riggers 5
    armour 10
    (For the meganobz.For ploughing ahead)

Well I managed to squeeze in some more lootas and the battlewagon. The big bomms dont seem quite worth it ( any suggestions to fill in these 45 points without them is appreciated) I put the meganobz in the battlewagon.

The battlewagon will give a decent screen for me boyz while (hopefully) causing some nifty damage and at the same time bring my meganobz into close quarters.

Lootas obviously give ranged support

Deffkoptas for some vehicle hunting/heavy infantry/infantry ( big bomm)

Can the meganobz hop aboard a non dedicated battlewagon?

Ok thats all for now!

I appreciate the support so far.
    Last edited by Elbo; October 3rd, 2008 at 16:11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

I think that you should even out the lootas so the 5 strong is slightly more durable and the 15 strong one will be not as awkward. Maybe switch the rokkit on the battlewagon with big shootas otherwise it looks good
    Lets go massacre something

I am a sexy shoeless god of war!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

3, not 2

I'd drop the unit of 5 lootas. It isn't likely to survive, and lootas aren't as effective in 'dawn of war' missions, so I only use one unit at most, of 10-15. I'd still use one unit though, as they're the best anti-armor unit the orks have.

Instead of kombi-rokkits (which don't have much of a chance of hitting), I'd give the meganobz kombi-scorchas instead. They're a lot more useful.

Where are the meganobz going? If they're going in the battlewagon, then you really need to take off the 'ard case. If there's an 'ard case on the battlewagon, you won't be able to move it and have the meganobz assault the turn they leave. They'd have to disembark and then sit there a full turn. Otherwise you'd have to stop the battlewagon and leave it sitting there for a full turn. Either way, your opponent's just going to back away from the wagon, or worse, surround it so you can't leave and assault. The 'ard case just has to go. Either that or you need to give the meganobz their own transport, separate from the battlewagon.

I hate big bombs. They only fire once, they're weak and they always scatter. Give the warboss an attack squig or something instead. The points are better spent almost anywhere else.

Actually, what I'd do is give the meganobz a trukk and have it sneak behind the battlewagon. Hopefully the battlewagon will distract your opponent. If not, and he wrecks the trukk, just have the battlewagon pick up the meganobz the following turn. It's up to you, but that's what I'd do.

+ Reply to Thread