2500 Footsloggaz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

2500 Footsloggaz

HQ:
    Ghazghkull - 225
    Big Mek - KFF, klaw 110

Elites:
    15 Lootaz - 225
    15 Tankbustaz - 225
    10 Nobz - all w/ heavy armor, 3 klaws, Painboy, boss pole, Waaagh banner, trukk w/ red paint & armor plates 425

Troops:
    30 Slugga Boyz - Nob w/ klaw 215

Total:
    2500 exactly
    222 models

Ghazghkull rides with the Nobz in the trukk. Everything but the lootaz surges forward and runs on the first turn, under the protection of 5+ cover from KFF positioned where it covers most of the boyz. Lootaz take pot shots at light vehicles and/or targets of opportunity. Second turn comes and I get guaranteed 6" WAAAGH from Ghazghkull on all my boyz. Lootaz continue to blast away. Tankbustaz should be in range of their targets now and unleash the rokkits. If the Lootaz and Tankbustaz have failed to destroy any vehicles, the Nobz or a mob of boyz will finish it off quite easily (seeing as how the vast majority of vehilces have rear armor 10). My opponent should be swamped in boyz by 3rd turn at the latest. I have played 2 games so far with my orks and won both with well over 100 boyz left at the end. First was against a Necron player who ran 2 monoliths and lots of destroyers and immortals. Ghazghkull smashed one 'lith and he phased out before I could destroy the other. The 2nd game was against guard with the usual accompaniment of pie plates. KFF is worth a million times its weight in gold. I guess it's just way too many boyz to shoot up in just 2 turns. I don't know how I'll fare against other close combat armies, though I would assume they will have a harder time than shooty armies. I have been playing 40k for almost 11 years, but I just started Orks and these were my first 2 games. I must say, I feel very strong commanding this green tide!

I WANNA GET STUCK IN WIT DA BOYZ

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No real comments on how to change the list, because personally I like it, because it is extremely similar to my orcs, or what I plan them to be, I am still short of 50 or so painted boyz. And yea, I know what you mean about feeling strong commanding that horde. Feels like you are directing an unstoppable wave of super-awesomeness that your enemies cannot hope to escape from, let alone defeat, yes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bosspoles

the list is great, but i think you should take bosspoles for when your mobz get down to 10 (which they most likely will)
    And they shall know no fear, well they'll know some fear of course because fighting all those aliens can be awfully scary.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

Those nobz need to be a troop choice. The main problem with the list is it has no way of claiming distant objectives, especially in a dawn of war game. Having the nobz be a troop choice enables you to have a chance of winning those games. I'd also consider cutting out 1 more unit of footsloggers, just to add another trukk. More than 4 units of 30 boyz is a real hassle anyway. Not only is it a nightmare to move the army every turn, but after that point, you already have the board covered, so 1-2 units would just be hanging around in back, with nothing to do. Either that or they're clumped together like sardines, and in that case, templates will annihilate them.

Tankbustas don't work well without a transport and a bosspole. Add a nob with a bosspole, so they don't run, and give them a transport of some kind. If you're not going to give them both these things, then I wouldn't use them at all.

The list could probably use kommandos with 2 burnas, and either a nob with a powerklaw and bosspole, or Snikkrot. That'd be very effective at messing with your opponent's distant units.

Lastly, I'd take off the big meks powerklaw and give him armor instead (either 'eavy or cybork). He doesn't have a chance in hell of surviving long enough to attack with his klaw, not the way he is now. Remember, your opponent can attack him directly. Personally, I wouldn't give him any upgrades at all, since he's all but certain to die if he reaches close combat.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

71 (x1)

I think you really underestimate Running. In 2 turns my entire army will have moved a minimum of 19 inches and a max of 30 inches. I obviously set up right on the edge of my deployment zone which is 12 inches up. The board is only 48 inches wide. I can sit dozens and dozens of boyz on an objective anywhere in the middle of the board almost immediately, and if an objective is in my opponent's deployment zone, it will only take a turn longer. And I'm pretty sure the big mek can't be picked out when he joins one of the units of boyz unless they changed that in 5th ed. but I'm almost certain they didn't.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Huh?

How do you get 19 inches in 2 turns? You move 6 inches in the movement phase, and you might only roll 1 inch for running. That's 7 inches in one turn, and 14 inches in two.

In Dawn of War, you don't have a 12 inch deployment zone. Two troop choices can deploy up to halfway up the board, but the rest of your army has to move onto the board as if they're standing right outside the board edge.

Starting halfway up the board may sound nice, but they're going to be way ahead of the rest of your army, and the secret with hordes is to have everything hit the enemy at once. To make matters worse, if your opponent goes first, he might deploy a single unit at the middle of the board, reducing the deployment zone for your two troops to 6inches from your own board edge.

The majority of your army will walk onto the board and move an average of 9 inches a turn.

This means if you're playing the 'get the one objective in your opponent's deployment zone' mission, and you move an average of 9 inches a turn, you'll have moved 45 inches by the end of turn 5, within 3 inches of your opponent's board edge (and thus the objective), and that's assuming you fought no close combats and weren't slowed down by terrain even once. It's literally all but impossible. I've never seen a unit march that far in a normal game.

You can't rely solely on hordes of boyz anymore. You need at least a little bit of speed.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

second turn he is using ghazghkull's waaagh!!! which is an aoutomatic 6" run with fleet, minimum moved would be 7" first turn rolling a one and 12" the next turn, assuming you dont charge then. Max of 30" is rolling a 6 first turn and being within assault range after the first 24". I use a list similar to this one, and usually encounter no problems with being unable to reach the enemy or some objectives, never played a Dawn of War game though, so maybe thats harder to deal with with this list, but the units you put halfway up would only be 24" away from the table edge, and assuming theres something to assault or you manage to roll a 6 the first turn, you would be there turn 2, turn 3 otherwise, and that 2 squads is 60 boyz, so theres a decent amount of staying power there...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

71 (x1)

Lupercal has it DEAD on. hit the nail square on the head

reps for him
    Last edited by slobulous; October 3rd, 2008 at 04:56.

+ Reply to Thread