First Necron Army, 1k, 3 way battle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Necron Army, 1k, 3 way battle

First list,

HQ
    Necron Lord (200pts)
    (Staff of Light, Veil of Darkness (VOD), Resurection Orb)

Elites
    10 Pariah's (360pts)

Troops
    12 Warriors (216 pts)
    12 Warriors (216 pts)

Total: 992 pts

small list due mainly to the amount of Pariahs I have, planning to deepstrike pariahs with VOD and cause havoc, I chose Pariahs because to me they seem like hard all rounders, and as I'm going against 2 oponents I need to have an army thats suited to all needs

anyway, on to the...

Second List,

HQ
    Necron Lord (155 pts)
    (Phylactery, Ressurection Orb)

Troops
    10 Warriors (180 pts)
    10 Warriors (180 pts)
    10 Warriors (180 pts)

Fast Attack
    2 Wraiths (82 pts)
    3 Destroyers (150 pts)
    6 Scarab swarms (72 pts)

Total: 999 pts

any tips or alterations would be greatly appreciated, as this is my first Necron army, I'm a bit clueless as to how things go together

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Parahs can't go with the Veil, sorry bud read it's description again. Taking pariahs is a rough call, i'd drop them down to 5-man if you use them at all. Having never used them I can't say if they're bad or not but I understand they're difficult to use.
    Use the points to nab a trio of destroyers, drop the veil, add a chornometron to your lord and a tomb spyder and you should be about set. (that's keeping 5 pariahs)

Your second list is a bit stronger, however phylactery is an iffy addition, "cheap" but not always effective, the chronometron is amazing in 5th (look up the necron FAQ at the GW homepage) I'd drop the phylactery, add two scarabs and buy yourself a third wraith, otherwise you won't see them do much sadly. Try comboing the wraiths and scarabs together they have a brutal number of attacks and the scarabs will be a good distraction for your wraiths to follow up.

Check out the indexes they're a GREAT resource for newer players. Also check through your codex a little more thoroughly. If you have any further questions, feel free to make a post or PM me.

Necron Army Lists go in the "Necron Army List" sub-subforum.

Remember that necrons are made to live longer than the other guy, but also remember to keep some killing power around I think a list for you to try could work like this.

HQ: Lord-Res orb-chronometron-Gaze of Flame: 165

ELT: Pariahs X4 - 144

TRP:Warriors 3X10 -540 (three squads of ten)

FA: Destroyers x3 - 150

Total: 999
    PO: (phase out) 8

Have you bought any models yet? Look at the boxed sets they're a good deal.

And most of all zhamba, welcome to LO, enjoy your stay and enjoy your Necrons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey man, I've been playing Necrons for a long time now. I actually use pariahs all the time and they are GREAT... BUT you should'nt use them in such a small game. I'd go with the second list for its speed and numbers.

Pariah tactics are simple... follow up closely behind a regular warrior squad and when they get to assault range, charge both units in to assault virtually any target... Pariahs have a weapon that ignores armour AND invulnerable saves... Thats pretty awesome if u use it right, they also have a blaster with more range then the standard guass rifle and more strength and AP too. On the downside, pariahs DO NOT have WBB, and they only have a 3+ armour and no invulnerable... for 36 points per model that can be highly frustrating... just dont let them soak up too much fire (hence advance behind a warrior squad)....

Again though... i wouldnt suggest using them in such a small game, I tend to use them in combination with scarab/destroyer flanks, and monolith deepstrikes to completely surround my enemies. Also, veils/lith portals don't affect pariahs so it means a slow advance. 2000+ points is where I tend to take a full compliment of pariahs.

Your second list is awesome though, and my own 1000pt lists are usually very similar. =)
    40k Armies:
    Orks: W7/D2/L3, Necrons: 6/0/1, Eldar: 4/1/2, Marines: 0/0/0
    Fantasy Armies:
    Ogres: 1/0/1, Bretonnians 0/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to add that pariah are not necrons. Therefor you cannot use the VOD on them!! They're like spiders and scarabs: non necron units. U won't be able to teleport them, or use the res orb on them. You won't either be able to use the monolith's portal to move them round.

This is why I agree with both Smurphy and Alzer: do not take pariah in such a list. Concentrate on firepower and preventing phase out!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye yeah, was reading the codex this morning, was a perfect homer Simpsons moment of "Doh!"
    Was thinking deep striking pariahs would be a bit terrifying to the enemy, having 10 guys pop up and starting annihilating the army from the inside out, no wonder I cant deepstrike them.
    That list will probably work in 1500 pt game, with a monolith guarding the way, or tomb spiders.

Current list

HQ: Lord
    (Res orb, chronometron, Gaze of Flame) 165 pts

Troops
    10 Warriors (180 pts)
    10 Warriors (180 pts)
    10 Warriors (180 pts)

Fast Attack
    2 Wraiths (82 pts)
    3 Destroyers (150 pts)
    5 Scarab swarms (60 pts)

Total: 997

Possible changes:
    • taking out the extra squad of warriors, putting in 5 immortals (140 pts) and another scarab to make up the difference, bringing the total to 999 pts
    • taking out the extra squad of warriors, putting in 2 heavy destroyers, and a wraith
    The first change is good in my opinion because I’ll need all the fire power I can get facing 2 enemy armies. And a scarab swarm to soak up the CC never hurts that much.

The second change because I know I’m facing at least 1 killer kan, and a venerable dreadnought, and possibly another dreadnought. The heavy destroyers should make short work of anything major I come across. And another wraith the safeguard my lord is something worth the points.

Please could you give any feedback to these changes, or any changes that you think would benefit my army,

Thank you,
    Zham

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

*moved to army list section*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what mission are you playing, dont forget only troops can take objectives, unless you know its kill all, your going to need the 3 troops

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Personally, I would drop the Scarabs completely. Boost the Wraith unit up to 3 and use the remaining points to add another Necron Warrior. That's a total of 996.

Five scarab bases aren't going to do much, to be honest.

I've also had very mixed results with only 3 Destroyers. They're very vulnerable with only one wound each. If the enemy takes out all 3, then they won't be able to WBB. Against power armour armies, I take a unit of 5 or none at all. It's almost not worth it. More Warriors will give you just as much firepower whilst boosting your Phase Out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

I agree with Raven, a min of 5 but I personally take a minimum of 6 so I can field 2 squads of 3 (let's me spread my shots out as needed).
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pariahs

The fluff says that Pariahs were genetically engineered to be anti-psyker so id use them against heavy psyker armies. But, im new so yeah. Also, do Pariahs get WBB rolls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast