750point Random Team Tourni - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750point Random Team Tourni

Ok so torniment tonight, only had my army for a week so a rushed list really

Archon
    Agoniser
    Splinter Pistol
    Combat Drugs
    Shadow Field
    Plasma Grenade

5 Incbi
    Plasma Grenade

all on a raider

7 Wyches
    Plasma Grenade

Succubus
    Agoniser
    Splinter pistol
    Combat drugs

all in Raider

10 Warriors
    2 Dark Lances

10 Warriors
    2 Dark Lances

What do you think of my list?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my oppinion:

-You have almost half of your points put in one raider (323 if I calculated correctly) and that is never good.Even if the inucbi make it into combat somehow(and I belive they won't, since they're the only unit threatening the enemy that you have in the list) They will kill one unit, and then die in the return fire in your opponents turn. IMO incubi are not worth taking in any games below 1500pts or so.

-Wyches really need wych weapons. Sure, they have drugs, 4+ inv and 2 attacks each, but they're really no different then any other medicore CC unit. Wych weapons make sure the enemy won't hit you on 3+ and reduce his number of attacks in consequence greatly reducing casualties your wyches recive and that is very important now because of new CC resolution rules.

-Did you put Combat Drug Dispensers on the succubus? If yes, then IMO you should drop it. This model only has one wound, so it's really easy to overdose making those points a waste.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear,

Not such a good list then

all the wyches have wych weapons didnt put it on
    and the succubus has the combat despensor, well I'll have a re think thanks for the help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you wanted a similar list you could go with something like that:

Archon w/Punisher, Tormentor Helm, Combat Drugs, Shadow Field, Plasma Grenades
    2 Inucbi w/ PLasma Grenades
    3 Warriors
    Raider

This would be cheaper, and grant you a bigger chance to stay in combat in your opponents turn. 2 Incubi dish out 6 high WS, I, power weapon attacks which in addition to your lords attacks is ussually enough even in high points games. Punisher can of course be switched with agonizer, but since such unit is kitted out to fight enemy troops, a punisher would let you wound T4 troop on 3+ if need be.

Then you could exchange one of your wyches for a Drachite w/ agonizer and combat drugs to your wyche squad greatly enhancing their offensive power.

You'd have to be really carefull positioning those Raiders though keeping them out of enemies Heavy Weapons sight always when possibile, and never letting the enemy shoot at them out of cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm,

That sounds like a good Idea thanks

I was planing to move the raiders 24" for the 4+ save
    is this wise ?

Rules of the torn say

1HQ
    Min 2 Troup
    1Elite
    1Fast
    1Heavy
    Last edited by Dvorn; October 8th, 2008 at 14:36.

+ Reply to Thread