1850 Competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Competitive

Archon
    W/ Punisher, Tormenter Helm, Plasma Grenades, Combat Drugs, Shadowfield, RJB, Trophy Rack
    = 177
    6 Reavers
    w/ Succubus, Punisher, T Helm, 2 Blasters,
    = 211
    Total= 388

Dracon*
    w/ Agonizer, Pistol, Plasma Grenades, Combat Drugs
    = 83
    5 Incubi
    w/ Plasma Grenades
    = 135
    2 Warriors
    w/ Plasma Grenades
    = 20
    Raider
    W/ Horrorfex
    = 60
    Total= 298

8 Wyches
    w/ Succubus, agonizer, wych weapons, 2 blasters, Plasma Grenades
    = 166
    Raider
    W/ Horrorfex
    = 60
    Total= 226

10 Warriors
    w/ 2 DL
    = 100

10 Warriors
    w/ 2 DL
    = 100

Raider
    W/ Horrorfex, 5 Warriors, 1 DL
    = 105

10 Warriors
    w/ 2 splinter cannons, 2 blasters,
    =110

Raider
    W/ Horrorfex, 5 Warriors, 1 DL
    = 105

10 Warriors
    w/ 2 splinter cannons, 2 blasters,
    =110

3x Talos
    = 300

Final Total = 1842

Wariors= 52
    Dark Lances = 10 (4 of which will most likely be using fexs instead)
    SCs= 4 (worries me)
    Blasters = 8
    Horrorfexs = 4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see I put squads together in the list so I don't have to write "this lord goes with this unit", etc. Obviously the two 5man raider squads will be used as super gunboats. I don't mind any input you have whether negative or positive; however, comments such as "drop a talos and add.." or "use a webway..." will be ignored, I want to try an army that uses 3 Talos and no webway.

I have a spare 8 points, can't really find where to put it,

I would love to give feedback on how I would play the army but really it all depends how what army/type I am playing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nevertheless, in general;

Reavers will typically stay in reserve,

Wyches and Incubi units will be specialized, hopefully head both take 1 flank; nevertheless, this will not always be the case because they will first and foremost be heading towards specific opposing squads

Talos run up the field, typically trying to get a 4+ cover

Super gun boats support wyches and incubi,

Raiders will be pinning, yes a lot of things are fearless; however, a lot of things are not and for +5 pts per raider can't really go wrong,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts:
    Possibly too much DLs and not enough fire power; however, 2 super gun boats is nice,
    I wanted to throw in a warpbeast pack, couldn't find the spare 75 points, plus without using a webway the 6 models will probably end up just giving a cheap kill point,
    Considered putting in a raider squad with 2 Haemies, but I think the incubi are a better choice for this army

Last edited by Twiddle; October 10th, 2008 at 17:57.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

Dracite can't have a warrior / incubi retinue, did you mean Dracon? Also, I don't see the point in having the two dark eldar warriors in the retinue if you're not going to give them splinter cannons.

Also, I would have liked to have seen a syrabite with the warrior squads in case you need some close combat backup faster than the talos can arrive.

On that topic, I'm not sure about the talos, I've always found them to be rather hit or miss. I'm not sure about the horror fexs, dropping those would free up enough points to give the retinue warriors cannons. . .
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dracon* lol my apologies,

I had 28 extra points, 5 incubi and a base HQ seemed to small so I threw in the two warriors to soak up a few unsaved wounds, I would have loved to give them SCs but I couldn't find the points; nevertheless, I will consider dropping the fexs, I am 50/50 on that so I'll wait for some other responses on what a few other members think, that is a good idea tho

I also wanted to throw in syb+agon into the two 10man superboat squads but couldn't find extra points for it. Alternatively, I could drop 1 reaver(25pts), the fexs(20pts), trophy rack(5pts) + the 8 spare pts to get 2sybs+agons

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Dang Twiddle, I like your list!

I will just add little stuff thats totally optional and biased towards my play style but this list I can see playing myself (except the troop choices though), very nice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddle View Post
    Archon
    W/ Punisher, Tormenter Helm, Plasma Grenades, Combat Drugs, Shadowfield, RJB, Trophy Rack
    = 177
    6 Reavers
    w/ Succubus, Punisher, T Helm, 2 Blasters,
    = 211
    Total= 388
    Love it, I would add plasma to the succubus and in the game find a way to pin their target before they charge (unless they get the ASF drug). I like giving the succubus xenospasm just for that reason as I hate to see my reaver squad strike last.

Dracon*
    w/ Agonizer, Pistol, Plasma Grenades, Combat Drugs, 5 Incubi, w/ Plasma Grenades, 2 Warriors w/ Plasma Grenades, Raider
    W/ Horrorfex
    I would simply drop the warriors, granted they be the first to die but I still see them as weak, a liability and an extra model you would have to hide.

8 Wyches
    w/ Succubus, agonizer, wych weapons, 2 blasters, Plasma Grenades
    = 166
    Raider
    W/ Horrorfex
    9 altogether? I'd keep it an even number but the squad is perfect so no matter.

Troops: I would rather see you get away from minimal squads but if you are fine with them then great. I also like the sybarite idea even if its just poison blades.

However, with the list as is I think your strategy would be to hide these guys at all costs and let the others do the talking. If your other choices good enough then the troop choices can be small like this but as mentioned, an out-flanking enemy will have an easy time picking these guys off so that makes me scared. I would probably put half these guys into reserves as to preserve them and just let them be fire support, not close combat support.

3x Talos
    I would start these guys right in front of your warriors and depending on the mission they wouldn't go too far - I would place any raiders or other units behind them as well and don't move them too far from each other as well (keep them together if possible).

The list overall is pretty good to go, you sacrificed a shooting game with taking all Talos but made up for it with the warriors - I like the trade off. I think your HQ and bike will get tons of fire and I am not certain I would automatically put them into reserve. I would balance the troops on the board and be very careful on how you expose them to the enemy. Its "open season" on troop choices and even though your enemy will fire first at the troops and ignore the rest you just can't win if you don't have troops (which I think are fragile). Hence, keep the bikes and Talos and Incubi on the table and give the enemy more targets to worry about - putting too much in reserve will make it easy for your opponent as his entire list is focusing on the few units on board. You can still put 2 or 3 squads of warriors on the table but I love having raider squads come out 3rd or 4th turn to help out and get into scoring position.

Nice list, good luck and happy hunting!
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

+ Reply to Thread