1500 point Alaitoc - Very Fluffy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x1)

1500 point Alaitoc - Very Fluffy

Fresh from the forum advice I received, here is a first very fluffy list.

HQ
    2 x Farseers with Guide

Elite
    2 squads of 7 Striking Scorpions. Exarch with Shadowstrike and Biting Blades

Troops
    3 squads of 7 Pathfinders

Fast Attack
    2 squads of 5 Warp Spiders. Exarch with Surprise Assault and Exarch Death Spinner

Heavy Support
    2 x Wraithlords with Brightlance and Twin Flamers

Army Total 1486 points

All units (except the Wraithlords) have some form of infiltrate, deep strike rule etc which turns them into a very stealthy kind of force. Also, am I right in thinking that if I put the Pathfinders in cover (who wouldn't) they get a 2+ cover save?.

Yes I know the model count is low, but that is to be expected. As I come from pure Grey Knights I am well used to that (also means I can carry an entire army in one small case)

I have to admit that Wraithlords win over War Walkers simply because they are cooler looking models that I can convert so that they are 'firing' their Brightlances.

Over to all of you experienced Eldar players for advice.

Thanks

Dinodean

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

One thing. Remember the Eldanesh, as would Switfblade say. In general, just soo many say that Alaitoc is only hide & strike amry. No, it's hide and counter-strike army. Why don't I see any Falcons filled with Aspect Warriors? Pathfinders? Fine. Farseers? As always. Scorpions? Very well. Spiders? Oh yeah. Wraithlords...? Wel...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x1)

Interesting thoughts.

My thinking is that by the time you add the xxx points for a Falcon, then the xxx for its squad of 6 models, thats an awful lot of models that would have to go. Also I don't think you can be that stealthy floating around in a huge anti-gravitic tank.

Yes, I hear you all cry, but Wraithlords aren't stealthy either and I can't defend that one, only that they are great models and can be converted into excellent looking super-snipers.

As I don't want to get rid of the Pathfinders, Scorpions or Warp Spiders, the only thing that could go is a Wraithlord :-( or a Farseer.

That's my tuppance hapenny, but I do come from Craftworld Eldar and have no experience of Eldar under 5th edition rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

A ranger wraithlord is just cool.

Anyway, I would cut down one farseer, and make your pathfinders 4 units of 6. Then I would lose either a unit of scorpions or a unit of warp spiders. As ideally scorpions should be 8+ same with spiders. Generally you're spread too thin. Bulk up a bit. Go with that, in my opinion, you are a bit flimsy just now.
    omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x1)

Good idea, the squads did seem light weight, especially the Warp Spiders.

HQ
    Farseer with Doom and Guide

Elite
    2 squads of 8 Striking Scorpions. Exarch with Shadowstrike and Biting Blades

Troops
    4 squads of 6 Pathfinders

Fast Attack
    1 squad of 9 Warp Spiders. Exarch with Surprise Assault and Exarch Death Spinner

Heavy Support

Army Total 1491 points

Thanks Archnomad, that looks much better. I cannot believe how fast people post on the Eldar forum, I have hardly typed in a reply myself when someone else has replied.

Thanks

Dinodean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

89 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by dinodeanpostcat View Post
    Good idea, the squads did seem light weight, especially the Warp Spiders.

HQ
    Farseer with Doom and Guide
    Good HQ choice, can't complain about the effectiveness but what is he guiding? I think he would serve you better with just doom and that would cut a few points to spruce up something else.

Elite
    2 squads of 8 Striking Scorpions. Exarch with Shadowstrike and Biting Blades
    These fit nicely in with the Alaitoc theme. Use them as a counter charge or outflanking unit. That can cause some trouble in your enemy's back lines removing tanks and long range nuisances.

Troops
    4 squads of 6 Pathfinders
    Ahh... the essential unit for Alaitoc.

Fast Attack
    1 squad of 9 Warp Spiders. Exarch with Surprise Assault and Exarch Death Spinner
    good harassment, nothing will annoy an opponent more than getting shot by these and not getting to retaliate. Practice with them, they need to be used carefully. Surprise assault isn't needed, they can deep strike for free in 5th.

Heavy Support
    This is actually a common choice for Alaitoc. I suggest looking on the GW website for their sniperlord if it is still there.

Army Total 1491 points

Thanks Archnomad, that looks much better. I cannot believe how fast people post on the Eldar forum, I have hardly typed in a reply myself when someone else has replied.

Thanks

Dinodean

Decent list, it has all the bases covered from what I can see. Just a few minor tweaks and they will do smashingly.

Oh and BTW... FOUND IT!!! Warhammer 40,000 - Eldar
    Never apologise for asking questions young seers, through asking
    questions we find answers, and through those answers we gain
    knowledge of ourselves and the universe around us
    -Farseer Marauth
    Meet My Autarch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just of note, unless an objective is farther than 18" from an opposing unit, your rangers/paths are going to have to move to an objective. This means they cant shoot. Just something to keep in mind. In the last few turns some will have to haul butt to the objectives. I would drop guide from the farseer and the spider exarch ( just take 10 bone stock ) so you can get an extra gun on your wraithlords.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Not necessarily, they can move through terrain. Not to be underestimated. If you infiltrate them within about 16-18" of the objective, they probably wont be regarded as a threat, especially if terrain is in the way. And you can contest objectives quite easily with that mobility. I reckon he will be alright. I've been thinking of a list like this myself.
    omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand that, but my point is they cant shoot which is giving you less units shooting at things ( and killing stuff ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being in the process of building my own Alaitoc list I like the theme. This appears a very well thought out and competitive list and I concur with the advice you have already been given. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast