1st 1850 competitive, need C&C for friday :) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st 1850 competitive, need C&C for friday :)

HQ

BIG DADDY - tyrant
    Enhncd. senses (BS4),
    Adrenal glands (WS),
    toxic miasma,
    Toxin Sacs (+1S),
    Winged, 2x Twin linked Dev,
    Warp field,

MOMMY - tyrant
    Enhanced senses,
    Ext. carapace, toxin sacs (S6),
    2x Twin linked dev,
    2x guard

ELITES

Fex
    2x talons
    Toxic miasma
    Glands (ws4)
    Flesh hooks

TROOPS

Spinegaunts
    (4x 15) 300

Genestealers
    2 x 10
    Feeder tendrils
    Scuttlers (one of the units)

FAST ATTACK

5 ripper swarms (winged) 100

HEAVY SUPPORT

3 Zoanthropes
    3x Synapse & Blast

Fex
    BS 3
    Strangler
    TL dev
    Ext. carapace
    Reinf. Chitin
    Flesh hooks

Fex
    BS 3
    Strangler
    TL dev
    Ext. carapace
    Reinf. Chitin
    Flesh hooks

total: 1849

I'm gonna be facing space wolves first, then some other stuff, marines probably. It's my first turney so I'm really excited! I'm thinking hordes of gaunts to grab objectives, MCs for killing stuff, zoanthropes for armor punching, genestealers for protection and a nice flank attack (the scuttling unit), and the winged swarms for contesting and mop-up. Thoughts?

From the Nightmares of Mortals, For the Greater Good of the Devourer of Worlds!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

loves purple tyranids SGluciousa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Lets start from the top.
    Big Daddy: He looks good. The only thing is that I would get rid of the adrenal glands. He should be shooting down units instead of assaulting anything with a super high WS. So at the same time you will not need the toxic miasma.

Mommy: Fine, I don't see anything big.

Scything fex: He could be good. He is cheap enough that he is not a huge factor in the game, yet at the same time many will shoot at him and he might kill something. If you want to use him against tanks than I would give him crushing claws.

Gaunts: Superb, my favorite troop in the army.

Genestealers: They have no need for scuttlers. If you want them alive them keep them behind your gaunts. Use run to get them up quick with the gaunts, then mob the enemy with the gaunts for close combat. By then the enemy can't be shooting at you because you have them all tied up. form their you can move the stealers around until you get them to the perfect havoc zone.

Rippers: For the points you are using for the army these guys are worth it. They can quickly get into combat with something dangerous. You can also use them with your tyrant to make a more devastating impact.

Thropes: Perfect

Last two Fex's: You should change them to sniperfex's. They can take out light vehicles and a fair amount of marines if you hit with the barbed strangler. Maybe you should give them two BS's each. This gives them twin-linked BS's so they can hit harder and take out the marines easier. In this case they will be hanging back so you won't need the flesh hooks or the chitin/carapace. I don't think they will be very high on your opponents hit list so they don't need the extra armor.

I like the idea behind your army. It just seems like you added too many "goodies". I have found that nids should be simple. Especially if you are running swarm. The cheaper the models the more points you can get to buy more models. The exception is the stealers. They should always run with extended carapace.

If you go with my changes you could get enough points to buy another carnifex or more gaunts/stealers.

Good luck with your games!
    The Great Plague meets The Devourer of The Galaxy. What does that make us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THanks a lot for looking through the list and all your comments. I'll definitely be removing some of the 'goodies' from my baddies. I do however question the carapace on the 'stealers. I mean, with this new ed. thing going on, they'll have a 4+ most of the time anyway, right?
    Also, I like my fexes tough, so that they can soak up any firepower and give the message of being unstoppable...
    I'll post the upgraded list asap. I won't be able to fit in more fexes however, as I just dont have the minis. I'll probably end up with more 'stealers...
    And the scuttlers is there to make one of the units a side-hittin' outflanker. Isn't that a good idea?
    From the Nightmares of Mortals, For the Greater Good of the Devourer of Worlds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heya,

First off I disagree at some parts with the above poster

Tyrants:
    Good build although I would drop the combat upgrades.
    Check the to hit chart first.
    On the units with a weapon skill of 4 the tm and ws will make a difference to influence their to hit roll.

as a personal thing I do not like the carapace on your tyrant.
    Most things that will be shooting at it will be anything of AP2 I find AP3 quiet rare. especially since those 25 points can be spend on something fast to elimate the heavy weapon teams.

He shouldn't take more then 2 turns of shooting.

Spinegaunts, I likey. More of a Termagaunt guy myself but it doesn't make that much of an impact. Since you have 4 broods, Without Number shouldn't be necessary

The stealers.
    I really like.
    Do not underestimate scuttlers.
    For a mission with table quarters it can be very useful.
    Extended Carapace.

Well I look at it this way

Stealers that run can gain a free 4+ cover save from gaunts or any other piece of terrain.
    Make sure that have a cover save all the time from all units.

It's better to arrive one turn later with 8 stealers then with 5.
    Stealers with extended carapace can be faster but will more likely take more fire since the opponent sees them in the open. And AP4 weapons aren't that uncommon.

Scuttlers is a great tactical advantage. Be sure to remind your opponent of that before the game. Talk fear into him for a Squad that can come on from either side with rending, reroll to hit. This might force him to sta centred thus limiting his mobility and making him easy prey for the rest of your forces. Althoug hI would only equip one squad with it. It is pricey

The Zoanthropes, I like.
    Although I would swap one synapse power for Catalyst. It's a cheap frag grenades upgrade and useful for your little gaunts. Remember the No Retreat.
    You can't just rush them into things like in 4th ed. choose your battles.
    Sometimes it's better to take another round of shooting and to divert shooting from other units then to get in combat and die horribly anyway.

Carnifex,
    Great Anti infantry. Big template, devourers .. Got to love devourers.
    Only problem is your Anti Tank capabilities.
    A venom cannon only needs to shake a tank so that it can't shoot. then it is a free round of moving without getting a tank on your tail

The rippers

Well sorry, not a fan of rippers.
    Rippers will most likely attract Instant Death shots. and then it is only 3 wounds to elimate the 100 points.
    I would go for a group of 8 gargoyles, or 2 Raveners and that leaves 20 points to spare.
    Might open up options for ST on the stealers

OR devourers on the elite carnifex.

Also for the carnifexes.
    I might skip a defensive upgrade for them
    Perhaps one carni with 5 wounds and the other with a 2+ save

The are big boys that can take a beating so .. :-)
    Oh well my 2 cents,

let me know if you find it useful.

Hive Fleet Lucanus : 2000 points

loves purple tyranids SGluciousa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

I afree with most of what Wundagore said. The only thing is the carnifex's. I think that with the two tyrnats you have enough devourer shots. You don't need an additional 12. It would be better to run them as sniperfex's that way you have a better shot at messing up tanks, and you can still hit infantry hard.
    The Great Plague meets The Devourer of The Galaxy. What does that make us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x3)

I like the Dakkafexes, and I definately think that they would do better than twin linked BS fexes. You don't need the TM and AG on the Tyrant, with Hit and Run you shouldn't be in combat more than one round anyway.

The sealers don't need Scuttlers with just one squad there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnag View Post
    I like the Dakkafexes, and I definately think that they would do better than twin linked BS fexes. You don't need the TM and AG on the Tyrant, with Hit and Run you shouldn't be in combat more than one round anyway.

The sealers don't need Scuttlers with just one squad there.
    Where do you get the idea that the Tyrant has Hit and Run ?

Only Tyranid unit that has that is the Lictor
    Unless i'm missing some crucial part of the rules. In that case enlighten me. Would be neat to have that.

PS I meant for the elite carnifex to have devourers.
    the 2 heavy support Carnifexes need to be sniperfexes..
    My apologies if that was misinterpreted

Hive Fleet Lucanus : 2000 points

+ Reply to Thread