Welcome to Librarium Online!
This is the army I'm thinking about building for the 2008 tournament season.
- Farseer w/Witchblade & Doom
- 5x Wraithguard & Spiritseer w/Witchblade & Conceal
- 2 units of 10x Dire Avengers & Exarch w/PW, Shield. Mounted in Wave Serpent w/TL Scatter Lasers & Spirit Stones. Only one Exarch has Blade Storm & Defend. The other squad gets this from Asurmen.
- 2 units of 10x Dire Avengers & Exarch w/2 ASC, Bladestorm & Defend
1749 points total.
- 2x Wraithlords w/BL, EML & Flamers
Asurmen and Farseer go with the Wave Serpent-mounted DA's. I would be using the standard 'hammer and anvil' tactics versus shooty armies. Against CC armies, I would switch to a gunline tactic.
I like this army for several reasons. It's 'fluffy', low model count (I don't have a lot of painting time) and I love the Wraithlord models.
Am I missing anything? The only change I thought about was switching the Spiritseer power from Conceal to Destructor. This would give me some points and I could give the Farseer a Spear for added AT. I don't think it would be of much benefit though.
Last edited by Ironwing; October 18th, 2008 at 14:13.
I think your list in itself is going to be pretty effective and fun but my only question is, wouldn't a shrine army have one type of aspect and be themed entirely after them? I don't think the wraithlords are very fluffy for an avenger shrine army but if you have no problem with this then I guess just have fun with it. I think it would be cool to have everything in the army shooting shurikens at the enemy in a true storm of blades
Never apologise for asking questions young seers, through asking
questions we find answers, and through those answers we gain
knowledge of ourselves and the universe around us
Meet My Autarch