Time I asked for a little help... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time I asked for a little help...

Hi everyone,

I just started playing Orks recently (with the release of AoBR) and I've played a number of games with friends, and have won a few, lost a few, but the losses were not wipeouts and the wins were very close.

Last night I joined a local tournament campaign and go totally smoked. The format is 750 pts, no 14 armor (yay!). I went up against IG with two Hellhounds and a Basilisk..

And I was wondering if I could get some advice that might help me if I have to go against him again, or to just make my list better with what I've got, or with minimal additions (a Trukk, some bikes, simple stuff).

My list last night was...

Warboss - cybork, 'eavy armor, klaw
    Weirdboy - warphead

30 Ork boyz - nob, klaw, bosspole

10 shoota boyz

5 nobz - big choppas, painboy

3 deffkoptas - 2 rokkit launchas

In total I've got two AoBR sets, minus the warboss, but I have two extra nobz (thanks WD!). Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Dekkah 'ead Stompah's Rood Boyz
    W/L/D- 2008 7-4-0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you playing by full 5th ed. rules, including mission types?
    Two's to kill. Ahh, sweet sweet music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes we are. The person in charge of running it has made some alterations to a previous campaign GW had held. The name escapes me at the moment.
    W/L/D- 2008 7-4-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, judging from your mention of that Guard list it sounds like a pretty competitive group - for 750 with full mission rules I'd run something like...

Warboss w/Bike, PK, Cybork, Kombi-Skorcha [140]

3x Nobz w/Bikes, Bosspole, Painboy, Waaagh! Banner, 1x PK [225]

30 Shoota Boyz w/Nob, PK, Bosspole, 3x Big Shoota [235]

Looted Wagon w/Boomgun [105]

Deffkopta w/TL Rokkit [45]

OR

Warboss w/Mega Armor, Cybork, Bosspole [115]

3x Mega Nobz w/Trukk, Ram [160]

30 Slugga Boyz w/Nob, PK, Bosspole [220]

Deff Dread w/2x Dread Close Combat Weapons [105]

10 Lootas [150]

The first list is faster and more flexible, the second a little sturdier and a little punchier. Two troops isn't much, but you're not going to get much at 750 so be careful, remember that the Nobz count as scoring, and learn when to use special rules like outflank on the Deffkopta or holding the MANz Trukk in reserve and you should do fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the help! I really like the bikes list. It's fast and hits hard (seemingly). I might try something like that for the next round of the event, but I wont be going up against that IG player again it seems. I was told to keep going with a mob list since my other enemies are 3 marines, 2 Eldar, 1 Dark Eldar and another Ork player (who helped me after the first round).

Even so, I'll bet those bikes would work well against anyone, right?
    W/L/D- 2008 7-4-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biker Nobz are pretty solid even in a small unit like that. They're strong enough to open up Tanks and 3+ armor, fast enough to chase down pesky Eldar bikes and whatnot, and their Dakkaguns should be enough to shoot down the flimsy DEldar/Ork transports and then assault the troops who pile out.

There is also a trick w/the bikers where if you give each member of the squad different gear (ie. one is the painboy, one the PK, one normal) you can split wounds across the squad instead of consolidating them onto individual models. It's a little dirty, but it's legal and can buy you and extra turn or so for those all important PK attacks and Painboy saves.

Things you really don't want to throw the Bikers against: Rending (Death Company, Genestealers. etc.), Melee oriented Monstrous Creatures, En Masse Power Weapons/Fists/Lightning Claws etc. All those things ignore your feel no pain and many of them cause instant death - why fight things that deny you two of your greatest assets? The bright side is the Bikers are fast enough to choose their fights and most of the things they don't like fighting the 30 strong Shoota Boyz squad can drag down w/their 60+ shots and attacks.

+ Reply to Thread