1,500 Saim-Hann - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1,500 Saim-Hann

Hiding in your house(disturbing isn't it)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

1,500 Saim-Hann

Well Here goes nothing...

HQ

Farseer-218pts
    Jetbike, Singing Spear, Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Doom, Fortune, Guide, Mind War

Troops

12 Jetbikes-367pts
    4 Shuriken Cannons, Warlock on jetbike, Singing spear, Conceal

12 Storm Guardians-108pts
    2 fusion guns

Wave Serpent-180pts (storm guardians dedicated transport)
    Twin linked Bright lance, Shuriken Cannon, Vectored Engines, Star Engines, Spirit Stones

Fast Attack

3 Vypers-230pts
    3 Shuriken Cannons, 2 Star Cannons, Scatter Laser

3 Vypers-230pts

Heavy Support

Fire Prism-160pts
    Holo Fields, Shuriken Cannon

Total

Warlock is always casting conceal on the jetbikes, while the Farseer joins jetbike unit and casts Fortune on them so they get that re-rollable 5+ cover save or 3+ invul when they turbo boost. When around Vypers he'll cast doom on my opponent(say tactical squad) and guide on Vypers. The whole army will move to the weaker side of my opponets line and attack, with the fire prisim staying on other side of the board to shoot the opponet's(say rhinos) in the back when they turn to reinforce their firends who are being slaughtered.

Accepting Advice, I made this list to be able to deal with all types of armys.

Last edited by Oyufurodai; October 23rd, 2008 at 21:40.
    I thought I was smart, but apparently people don't like to take advice from beggars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

Alright a couple things, First off is the farseer. Waaaaaaaaaaay too many points. Reduce him to only 2 powers, you can only use 2 in a turn anyway. I tend to use Doom/Fortune most of the time, the combo works well.

Next is the jetbike squad. I'd divide it into 2 squads of 6. Now that only troops can take objectives, you want as many as possible. I also kind of think a wave serpent is a bit much for a storm guardian squad. I'd remove the shuriken cannon and the star engines, and I'd consider losing the vectored engines as well. Definitely keep the brightlances though. As for the storm guardians themselves, I don't like guardians all that much, and I'd say Dire Avengers are a better choice. 10 DAs in a waveserpent, complete with an exarch with dual-cats and bladestorm is very effective. THe downside is that you lose your fusion guns and some anti-armor.

For the vypers, remember that defensive weapons are S4, so if you move 12" you can't shoot both the shuricannon and their other gun. A popular configuration now is shuricannon/missile launcher, that way you can fire both the plasma missile and the shuricannon on the move. I'd also be tempted to split them up into 3 squads of 2, or consider dropping some in favor of getting more troops, maybe a 6 strong bike squad. Prisms tend to work best in pairs, that way you have the option of supercharging, and if one gets shaken, you still have a good amount of firepower to throw around.

Hope that helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Well i can't really reply now i got stuff to do but, doesn't it defeat the purpose of jetbikes if your just going to park them somewhere instead of going for the kill? By the way the 12 man jetbike squad isn't changing i just love them to much.

Vypers well i use scatter laser and star cannons mainly to kill of those marine players, I might downgrade to catapults on vypers so i can shoot all guns and hopefully whipe out a tactical using them on turn 2 or somethin.

I'll post latter like tommorow

Still want more tips people come on!
    I thought I was smart, but apparently people don't like to take advice from beggars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oyufurodai View Post
    HQ

Farseer-218pts
    Jetbike, Singing Spear, Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Doom, Fortune, Guide, Mind War

Nice, and yes, some people would argue against using that many powers, but in Saim-hann, it's fine.

Troops

12 Jetbikes-367pts
    4 Shuriken Cannons, Warlock on jetbike, Singing spear, Conceal

perfect, just a plain and simple maxed out squad, what I use...

12 Storm Guardians-108pts
    2 fusion guns

Not bad I guess... I should really use these more

Wave Serpent-180pts (storm guardians dedicated transport)
    Twin linked Bright lance, Shuriken Cannon, Vectored Engines, Star Engines, Spirit Stones

I'd drop the shuriken cannon and vectored engines. You should either move 12" and shoot the lance (meaning you can't shoot the cannon) but then if you get shot you won't die, since you didn't move fast enough. Or, you could move upto 36" and not shoot (in which case the cannon is DEFINATELY a waste). Of course, one could argue that the vectored engines could help you out then, but I'd use the points elsewhere.

Fast Attack

3 Vypers-230pts

3 Vypers-230pts

Seriously... keep the starcannons... I'll explain why in the bottom.

Heavy Support

Fire Prism-160pts
    Holo Fields, Shuriken Cannon

Good, plain and simple, but I'd drop the shuriken cannon, for the reason explained below.

Total

Warlock is always casting conceal on the jetbikes, while the Farseer joins jetbike unit and casts Fortune on them so they get that re-rollable 5+ cover save or 3+ invul when they turbo boost. When around Vypers he'll cast doom on my opponent(say tactical squad) and guide on Vypers. The whole army will move to the weaker side of my opponets line and attack, with the fire prisim staying on other side of the board to shoot the opponet's(say rhinos) in the back when they turn to reinforce their firends who are being slaughtered.

Accepting Advice, I made this list to be able to deal with all types of armys.

Okay, a few minor things. First off, I guess you've been watching Fritz' videos on youtube or his blog huh? . If you have, I have a question for you. Did you also watch the one were he explains WHY he still uses starcannons with abundant cover saves around? It's simple. It's yet another element of controlling your opponent's movement. If you have starcannons, your opponent is going to stay in cover and he'll probably laugh at you. Good, I say. As long as he stays in cover, he's not moving assaulting stuff towards your jetbikes, and you have the initiative. Anywayz, you have a solid list, but your points value tops out at 1603. Therefore, I'd recommend you to drop those shuriken cannons on your tanks and the vectored engines on the wave serpent. You're still too high on points though, so you might be forced to do either one of these things:

-drop the starcannons on the vypers for lasers (but I HIGHLY recommend against it)
    -drop a load of psychic powers and other wargear everywhere, making your list less good
    -simply drop 1 vyper with a scatter laser out of a unit, leaving 2 with starcannons. That one vyper will give you another 70 points of room, and with the 35 points away from the engines and cannons, that'll give you an entire drop of 105 pts...

1603-105=1498= happy opponent.

Ow, and in fifth edition, turbo-boosting also gives you a COVER save... I know, it stinks...

ow, and just so you know, fritz has started a forum, you, as a saim-hann player are welcome to check it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Okay, a few minor things. First off, I guess you've been watching Fritz' videos on youtube or his blog huh?
    Well I've wanted to do either a Saim-Hann or Saim-Hann play off for a while now (you know a crap load of jetbikes and Vypers, or a crap load of Grav Tanks and Dire Avengers).

And I stubeled upon his vids and said
    Holy shit! It's beautiful.
    so yea that kinda worked out perfect for me...(Arimes: Necrons, Eldar, soon to be Chaos[World Eaters])

Did you also watch the one were he explains WHY he still uses starcannons with abundant cover saves around?
    Dude I've only seen like 5 of his vids lol, just started watching them like 2 days ago(literally). So I have no clue if I've seen it.

you have a solid list
    Thank You!

but your points value tops out at 1603.
    yea I only got 1,503 so.... don't know where you saw that, maybe cause I'm a bit lazy to go over the whole list but I did a quick skim and came out to 1,503

Thanks for the reply, and about Fritz's blog or forum or what ever the hell... I'll look into it, like I said I only seen his vids for about 2 days now lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, let's see, shall we:

218+367+108+180+460+160

huh? This time my calculator gave 1498... okay, sorry about that then... Ow, I assume you ment saim-hann or biel-tan and not saim-hann and saim-hann...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Farseer's Guide and Mind war are useless. He has to stick to bikes to survive, and their cat's are already twin-linked... and Mind War is useless since 5th edition.

Why such a big and costly squad? You know that one bad morale roll make your 600 points flee 3d6 off board?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

I assume you ment saim-hann or biel-tan and not saim-hann and saim-hann...
    Yea I ment Biel-Tan sorry for the typo.

Why such a big and costly squad? You know that one bad morale roll make your 600 points flee 3d6 off board?
    Yea but I'm too damn stubborn to change that squad.

I'll type another list up tonight or tomorrow, but that 12 man jetbike squad stays!

+ Reply to Thread