First ork list - help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First ork list - help!

Right...this is my first army list for the orks. What do people think and where can I improve it?

Warboss
    - Power claw, Twin linked shoota, 'eavy armour 90 points

10 Nobs
    - 3 x Power claw, painboy, 'eavy armour, Waaagh! banner, Trukk w/red paint job 395 points

5 Lootas
    - Mek 75 points

20 Boyz
    - 2 x Big Shoota 130 points

20 Boyz
    - 2 x Big Shoota 130 points

20 Boyz
    - Shootas, Big Shoota, Rokkit Launcha 135 points

10 Boyz
    - Trukk w/red paint job 100 points

10 Boyz
    - Trukk w/red paint job 100 points

3 Deffkoptas
    - twin linked rokkit launcha 135 points

3 Deffkoptas
    - twin linked rokkit launcha 135 points

5 Warbikers
    - Nob w/powerclaw 160 points

Looted Wagon
    - Boomgun 105 points

1680 points

I know its a random amount but I dont know where to go after this

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Powerklaws!

You definitely want to have a nob with a powerklaw and bosspole in each unit of boyz. Otherwise they'll have no chance against marines and monstrous creatures. Trust me, they're not optional. If you're using an ork army, you need a powerklaw and bosspole in every unit of boyz.

Trukks shouldn't have less than 12 boyz in them. Even that won't seem like enough, so there's no reason to gyp yourself further. Also, every trukk should have a ram. It's far more important than red paint, as it enables you to drive through terrain with virtually no chance of becoming immobilized.

I don't like units of 2-4 deffkoptas, as only one casualty will often send them running. I'd use either a full unit of 5, or only 1 by themself. With this list, I'd just use a single unit of 5 deffkotpas, and outflank with them.

The nobz and warboss need cybork bodies. Otherwise, they won't get a save against a lot of shooting and any power weapons (most marine units have at least one power weapon or power fist in them, so this is very important). It's a lot more important than 'eavy armor. I usually only give the nobz cybork, and no 'eavy, although I would give 'eavy to the warboss as well.

Last but not least, I'd give the looted boomgun a second gun, either a rokkit or big shoota. Otherwise, only a single glancing hit and weapon destroyed result will render it useless. A second gun doesn't cost much, and it gives the unit something to do when the main gun is gone.

In any case, good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread