1500pt DE kabal, 65 points spare - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt DE kabal, 65 points spare

Trying to plan a general purpose 1500pt kabal list with good mobility. Probably be mainly facing space marines, orks and tyranids:

Dracon
    Punisher, t.helm, c.drugs, s.field, p.grenades
    112pts

Haemonculus
    Stinger, s.hand, p.grenades
    37pts

Haemonculus
    Destructor, s.hand, reaver
    90pts

6 Groutesques
    Raider
    145pta

8 Wyches
    W.weapons, p.grenades, succubus with agoniser, raider
    194pts

10 Warriors
    Blaster, s.cannon, raider
    150pts

10 Warriors
    150pts

10 Warriors
    150pts

10 Warriors
    D.lance x 2
    100pts

6 Reavers
    Blaster, succubus with p.weapon
    191pts

Ravager
    2 dissies
    115pts

Think that comes to 1435pts. The dracon and haemy on foot go in the raider with the groutesques. I haven't given the warriors any sybarites coz so far I've had better results keeping them out of CC and blasting away at short range. Was thinking of giving haemy with qroutesques c.drugs so he could help out more in CC?
    All input welcome

Last edited by EvilMatty; October 25th, 2008 at 04:25.
    Nurse by day, Haemonculus by night

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

How about taking the warriors with 2 DL as 2 squads of 5 with a raider each, this opens up 2 raiders for supergunboating. Apart from that, some warp beasts maybe?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

I don't have my codex on me, but why only 1 blaster in the reaver squad. Also, why give the succubus a PW, this is the perfect opportunity for a punisher / tormentor helm combo succubus.

Instead of giving the Haemy c. drugs consider instead getting another haemy with the same load out and running both of them in the grotesques. It'll be another KP, but it will provide more punch.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Remember that this is my opinion so its not concrete advice. I will point out some ideas and perhaps some streamlining to your list but its you that has to be comfortable with the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMatty View Post
    Dracon
    Punisher, t.helm, c.drugs, s.field, p.grenades
    Nice, if you like the list so far and don't want to change it then you have spare points to upgrade this guy to an Archon. If I still had some points left I would consider getting fancy and also adding the Animus Vitae - once the vitae kicks in (and the grotesques may help you do that) you won't have to take a drug to boost your strength, you'll be str.5 which is great against T3 and for T4 you can take a drug to make you str.6. This is very optional and the points may be needed elsewhere so its up to you. I would also recommend trophy racks for him as its almost a given that he will kill someone in close combat.

Haemonculus
    Stinger, s.hand, p.grenades
    Not a big stinger fan but it seems fluffy fun. I think destructors are the main reason to take a Haemy so I would drop the stinger. The plasma grenades cannot be used with scissorhand - the scissorhand description references the poison blade description and that says specifically that you cannot use plasma grenades with poison blades. As an optional add on I sometimes give the Haemy haywire grenades in case you need to sacrifice him to destroy that predator or whatever (haywires are not as good in 5th ed so this is a weak recommendation). Since he/she is leading the Grotesques I would strongly urge you to take trophy racks to boost his leadership.

Haemonculus
    Destructor, s.hand, reaver
    Nice fluffy T5 model - I like this guy. Keep him out of close combat so flame first then jump 6" in assault phase to get away. Scissorhand is merely for self defense, possible haywire candidate.

6 Groutesques, Raider
    I would consider giving this Raider a horrorfex. If your Haemy and Grots decide to charge someone in cover or you decide to charge from cover then you will surely strike last. If you pin the target first (and them flame them with a destructor to soften them up) you will get to keep your initiative. I know that you may not always get to strike first in initiative order as the grotesques are pretty low to begin with but there are some armies that you might get a jump on.

8 Wyches W.weapons, p.grenades, succubus with agoniser, raider
    Very nice. Optional idea is to increase the squad by 1 and add 2 blasters. Makes them a threat to anything in 2 legs and can pop armor if needed to. Otherwise its fine "as is".

10 Warriors
    These 3 squads are fine, I do prefer sybarites. Keep these guys well hidden.

10 Warriors
    D.lance x 2
    Not much of a fan for min/max squads but they are scoring so keep them away from the sides and be sure to screen them as its "open season" on troop choices in 5th ed. I would bump these guys to 14 or 16 just to make them more durable and hopefully still alive to be scoring in the 5th turn.

6 Reavers, Blaster, succubus with p.weapon
    If you are going to invest in this kind squad then I would certainly use the spare points here to: add another blaster, give the succ a t-helm for the +1A and plasma grenades. The power weapon is ok but you might as well go with the punisher for the strength boost. Remember that the new FAQ has removed the restriction of 2-handed weapons so go for it.

Ravager, 2 dissies
    This where we differ in list building. I like at least 2 ravagers at 1500 and they would be outfitted with 1 ravager with 3 lances and the other with 3 disintegrators. You may not have the models to use another ravager nor do you have the points. I think you can do well with 1 so its not critical.

Was thinking of giving haemy with qroutesques c.drugs so he could help out more in CC?
    I give my Haemys drugs a lot in larger games and its not really necessary here - purely optional. Haemys are our "shooty" lord and I prefer keeping him shooting at all times with his precious destructor. If by bad luck, I get charged then thats when I wish i have combat drugs. Combat drugs do not make the Haemy a CC powerhouse, it merely gives him a better chance to survive. The drugs will allow your Haemy to strike first and will give you the extra attack and re-roll misses, great! But understand that really only equates to 1 dead marine on average. So with all this in mind, you are really spending 25 points to get first strike. If this was a "Coven" list with all Haemonculi (no dracon or archon) then I would surely recommend it - at 1500 points however, I think more bodies should be purchased for the troop choices before making this unit any stronger (it would be my last choice).

Overall its not a bad list, you need to try it out and discover what your play style is like. I think its a little light on the troops and firepower however its only marginal - still very playable. When you play your game, ask yourself in each phase what you "wish" you had to counter the enemy, if it keeps coming up that you needed more anti-armor then consider either more troop choices (adds another dark lance and blaster) or a ravager.

Hope this gives you some ideas, I am not trying to change your list into mine but rather how you can optimize the choices you made in your list already. Get a game in and let us know how you did.

Good luck and happy hunting!
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, really appreciate the ideas.
    Think I'll defo upgrade my dracon to an archon, get the horrorfex for the groutesques' raider, another blaster for the reavers and a couple of trophy racks for my characters and take it from there.
    Like Kwikwang says, I'll hopefully have some more insight once I've got a few games under my belt. I'll make sure to let you dudes know how it goes
    Nurse by day, Haemonculus by night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Mobility is key when vsing Tyranids personally wtf are you thinking taking reavers vs nids ?.

Firstly reavers cost a bomb and imo never get there points back i would scrap the reaver squad and add 1 extra ravager (Vect) it will help you against anti-horde slightly and the DL will help you when dealing with MC's such as Hive Tyrant and Carnifex.

+ Reply to Thread