In need of Insight/Opinions 1500 Pts and 2000 Pts. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In need of Insight/Opinions 1500 Pts and 2000 Pts.

Hello guys, Im new to the site, and Love Tyranids.

I have only played 2 5th edition games, one loss vs. multiple tournament winning orks, and one victory against blood angels. Both games were a roughly 1500 Pts. I have a whole ton of points worth of models. Although I do not have a second Tyrant yet, nor do I have wings for my current one.

I'd like to get some opinions on my lists, any contructive ideas are appreciated!

Tyrant - 150 Pts. W/ 2X TL devs, Carapace, T. Sacs, Enhanced senses, Flesh hooks, Synapse, Horror.

3 Guards - 138 Pts. W/ Flesh hooks, Talons, Rending.

5 Deathspitter warriors - 168 pts. W/ deathspitters and talons.

30 Fleshborers Gaunts - 180 pts.

28 Spine gaunts - 224 pts. W/ Without Number

8 Stealers - 168 Pts. W/ Tendrils and Talons

Devilfex - 113 pts. W/ Enhanced senses, 2X TL Devs.

3 Zoans - 210 pts. W/ Blast, Field, Synapse, Catalyst.

Sniperfex - 188 Pts. W/ BS, VC, Senses, Carapace, Chitin.

Thats 1501 Pts.

I would add.

Lictor - 80 Pts.

Another Devilfex (A little toughened up) - 158 Pts. W/ Enhanced senses, 2X TL devs, Chitin, Carapace, Spine Banks.

20 Hormagaunts - 240 Pts. W/ T. Sacs.

Also I would add Sacs and Carapace to my warriors, and swap out talons for scuttlers on my genestealers.

These additions will add up to 2001 pts.

Comments Please!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Hmm, overall most of your list looks good. Zoanthropes are illegal you're taking 3 psychic powers they only have access to two past warp-fields.

Remember that TS on a warrior increase the cost of deathspitters.

You got good builds on most of your units, Tyrant is iffy, some of them are just a little odd.

Finding a way to fit in a broodlord would be good. They're a nice addition. Toss it Feeder tendrils and carapace, then infiltrate/outfank them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know exactly what you have other than the fact that you dont have another tyrant, so I will just be kinda throwing stuff out there.

Tyrant looks great, although I have found that 2 guard work great and it frees up some points. I usually make the decision between 2 and 3 with my last few points.

Outflanking GS's are amazing terror weapons. I like to run 2 squads with flesh hooks, toxin sacs, and EC. I am still a big fan of EC as it keeps them from dying in CC...no cover saves there...
    That also keeps your stealers from having to run all the way across the board, where they tend to be most vulnerable.
    People have said that there is a 1/3 chance that they will come in on the "wrong" side of the board but by the second or third turn even if they come in away from the main troop body there should be some fexes and other nasties pretty close also....at that point they either shoot at your GS's and let your fexes get there or vice versa...etiher way you probably win.

I say keep flesh hooks on them also....feeder tendrils are nice...but since nearly all assualts are in some way related to difficult terrain you will be striking dead last without the hooks. A dead genestealer gets no to hit rerolls.....
    Running a broodlord with hooks and tendrils fixes this on one squad and getting a lictor close can help on others.
    Also, if you are thinking of taking the lictor(s), make sure that you take advantage of the refolls by having a decent number of reserves units like outflanking GS's.

Zoans are the greatest thing since the invention of beer and I always run three with warp blast and snyapse. You could also run a psychic choir at some point....very versatile...

Hormagaunts......eh...check out the thread on this in the forum. My opinion, ditch them for more outflanking GS's and possibly some gaunts.

Devil(dakka)fexes work best in the elite slot...and I really like to either run either 3 or 2dakka/1boomfex or 2 dakka/1ninja.

More fexes = more very real threats. If you give the enemy enough threats they will have to ignore something...and thats usually what kills them.

I also like to split my gaunts up into smaller squads. Now that you cant outnumber in CC I like the flexibiltiy of being able to manouver better and take more objectives with them.

I find that the jury is still out on WO number.....it can occasionally be nice, but in annihalation games its wasted points. I will usually have at least one smallish squad of spinegaunts with it just in case...really nice for capture and controls if someone is contesting your deployment objective.

Since you have Zoanthropes, I would say replace the warriors with another tyrant or more fexes. The models are awesome, and they look pretty good on paper, but they underpreform so consistantly that I am getting kind of depressed...

Im sure I could say more, but I am tired...Monday night football has ended (whats with Peyton....?)...and I hope that this has helped.

Good Luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh whoops, yeah those zoans are illegally equipped, my bad, meant to change it but forgot.

Thanks for all the comments guys. Yeah I really intend to have my second tyrant (with wings) up and running soon.

I was really up in the air about the Hormagaunts (my heart says yes but my head says no). I guess more stealers is never bad, I really wasnt sure about the outflanking though. If it works than they will massacre, but if not, they could really be mowed down.

Well i'll take a look and adjust accordingly.

Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread