Conflict List (1000pts) plus batrep - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

Conflict List (1000pts) plus batrep

Hi Guys,

Well it was 3 weeks ago now I think, but I thought I'd fill you in on what I finally tok to conflict, which was a 1K point tournie

My list was.

HQ
    Dracon
    w agoniser, splinter pistol, plasma

Elite
    Wyches
    8 wyches wych weapons
    . 2 blasters
    . Succubus w agoniser plasma
    Raider
    . Horrorfex

Troops
    Warriors(sniper squad)
    10 warriors
    . 2 Dark Lances

Warriors
    10 warriors
    . 2 Splinter Cannons
    . 2 Blasters
    . Sybrite w poison blades

Warriors
    10 warriors (sniper squad)
    . 2 Dark Lances
    . 2 Blasters

Raider squad
    8 warriors
    . 1 Splinter Cannon
    . 1 Blaster
    . Sybrite w Agoniser, plasma grenades
    Raider
    . Horrorfex

Heavy
    Ravager
    . 3 Disintergraters

Ravager
    . 3 Disintergraters

It went quite well.
    2 wins and a loss against
    Eldar Eldar and Dark Eldar.

The dark eldar game was very entertaining. Lots of fun!
    The battle report can be found at
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1289906 (Conflict (1000pts) - Dark Eldar)

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Any critique, even post games is fine.

Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

nice list and grats on the the tournament. The battle report was very well written. rep to you!
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really enjoyed the battle reports, sounds like a good day's raiding and even the game you lost went right to the wire which is always fun.
    Your list is very similar to the 1000pt force I've started fielding recently (1-1, both against marines), the only real differences are that I run an archon, have both my assault squads in raiders and only take 1 ravager. Just got a couple of questions where your experience might be able to help me out if that's cool:
    How do you feel the footslogging assault squad did? Sounds like they did okay but do you think a raider would've been useful or not?
    I don't have blasters in my sniper squads. You mention them being out of range at one point in your report but overall did you feel they were worth taking?
    Cheers dude
    Nurse by day, Haemonculus by night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

thanks guys.

I am MORE than happy to answer questions about it.

The blasters and the poison blades on the footslogger squad were point fillers.
    I never expected them to do much. The blasters, the only time they fired was in the last game when the raider was right near me. So I would rate them as not worthwhile.
    Poison blades were similar except they may have come in handy had I played any MC's/Demon/Wraithlord armies. This was my main reason for including them.

The footsloggers. They are an interesting force. They placed a bit of pressure on the enemy and gave a large target to take out that if they did not would be capable of taking objectives. However they did not do much except for this. They were not excessively potent. A raider squad could have been useful. Having said this a raider squad that was more than 5 men would have put me over the points cap and keeping them small it would have given 2 easy killpoints.
    I did find having only 2 raiders a problem as it did not give me much redunancy, somehting I felt in the second game. Having that second raider of troops really forces the enemy to deal with you now, without delay so it might be a positive.

Food for thought (for myself too) if i'd removed the blasters I could have taken:
    6 warriors
    . blaster
    . SC
    . sybrite w poison blades
    . Raider

Remove the poison blades for another warrior
    Could have been useful. However this would also drop how many SC's I have, but increase the useable blasters and darklances, allowing you to drop one sniper for a SC squad

I found the second ravager very useful. It allows you to loose one early and keep one alive still. It also means you have a larger flying contingent which means you are approach or exceeding the limit of how much is actually possible (worst case scenario) to shoot down in one turn.

Does this help?
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks mate, that's a help (I'd rep ya but apparently I have to spread the love some more before I can give another point to dudes I've already repped).
    I'm kind of in the opposite quandry to you - I'd love another ravager as it's a proper bullet-magnet on it's own but I'm loathe to take the raider away from my warriors.
    Maybe if I downgraded to a dracon and took a model or 2 off each squad I could sort something out . . . I'm off to get my list out and do some point juggling
    Nurse by day, Haemonculus by night

+ Reply to Thread