1500 All-Comers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 All-Comers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 All-Comers

Hey Guys,

Here's the new list I'll be working on. Hopefully it's not too shocking, and will give me a solid base to start 5th in.

HQ
    163 - Archon - Reaver Jetbike, Power Weapon, Combat Drugs, Shadow Field, Plasma Grenades, Splinter Pistol.

Fast
    178 - Reaver Jetbikes x 5, 2 Blasters, Succubus with power weapon & Plasma Grenades

Elites
    189 - Wyches x 8, Wych Weapons, Succubus with Agoniser & Plasma Grenades. on RAIDER

Troops (686 pts)
    138 - Warriors x 10, 2 x Blasters, 2x Splinter Cannons, Sybarite with Agoniser & Plasma Grenades

138 - Warriors x 10, 2 x Blasters, 2x Splinter Cannons, Sybarite with Agoniser & Plasma Grenades

100 - Warriors x 10, 2 x Dark Lances

105 - RAIDER Squad x 5, Dark Lance

Heavy
    140 - Ravager, 2 x Disintegrators, Horrorfex, Night Shields

There you go guys, Rip it to shreds. I've had really bad luck with wyches so I'm loathe to use them, but as a tarpit / finisher they shouldn't be too bad.

I'll be gunboating the warriors on the Raiders.

Now question time... The list may or may not change depending on the answers.

The entry for Horrorfex says that it is fired "instead of another of the vehicle's weapons". Does this mean that I can't fire the dark lance, both disintegrators AND the Horrorfex?

Jetbikes - The FAQ says that "characters" riding a RJB get +1 strength and toughness. the new rule-book clearly states that upgrade characters (ie Sybarites & Succubi) do count as characters. So does that mean that the Succubus of the Jetbike Squad have S5 T5? It won't make that much of a difference, but T5 on the rest of the bikes will.

Dirty Trick - Sit the 5 man snipers squad behind the 10 man squad. Once the 10 man shoots, run the 5 man in front to give them a 4+ save. Ok, so it's not a game breaker, and it actually depletes the effectiveness of the army (ie, you could shoot the DL), but it was funny in my head, and it could be used to stem an assault on the 10 man squad for a turn.

I know the Codex is extremely outdated, and the new rule set wasn't designed with DE in mind, but would you see this list being competitive even if the points I've raised are not applicable?

2 Ravagers and 3 Raiders. 6 stationary Dark Lances and 5 Mounted on Vehicles. 6 Blasters over 3 squads who can all move 12 and shoot (if they are embarked)

Anything that may be assualting has Pg's and agonisers, with the exception of the bikes, who if all goes according to plan, will be taking out small squads of elites and pesky vehicles who like to hide.

Tournament Stats -

1 HQ - 10.86%
    1 Fast - 11.86%
    6 Troops - 45.73%
    1 Elite - 12.6%
    2 Heavy - 18.66%

Enough Babbling, I'm tired. What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Praeda View Post
    Hey Guys,

Here's the new list I'll be working on. Hopefully it's not too shocking, and will give me a solid base to start 5th in.

HQ
    163 - Archon - Reaver Jetbike, Power Weapon, Combat Drugs, Shadow Field, Plasma Grenades, Splinter Pistol.

Fast
    178 - Reaver Jetbikes x 5, 2 Blasters, Succubus with power weapon & Plasma Grenades

Elites
    189 - Wyches x 8, Wych Weapons, Succubus with Agoniser & Plasma Grenades. on RAIDER

Troops (686 pts)

Heavy

There you go guys, Rip it to shreds. I've had really bad luck with wyches so I'm loathe to use them, but as a tarpit / finisher they shouldn't be too bad.

The entry for Horrorfex says that it is fired "instead of another of the vehicle's weapons". Does this mean that I can't fire the dark lance, both disintegrators AND the Horrorfex?

Jetbikes - The FAQ says that "characters" riding a RJB get +1 strength and toughness. the new rule-book clearly states that upgrade characters (ie Sybarites & Succubi) do count as characters. So does that mean that the Succubus of the Jetbike Squad have S5 T5? It won't make that much of a difference, but T5 on the rest of the bikes will.

Dirty Trick - Sit the 5 man snipers squad behind the 10 man squad. Once the 10 man shoots, run the 5 man in front to give them a 4+ save. Ok, so it's not a game breaker, and it actually depletes the effectiveness of the army (ie, you could shoot the DL), but it was funny in my head, and it could be used to stem an assault on the 10 man squad for a turn.

I know the Codex is extremely outdated, and the new rule set wasn't designed with DE in mind, but would you see this list being competitive even if the points I've raised are not applicable?

2 Ravagers and 3 Raiders. 6 stationary Dark Lances and 5 Mounted on Vehicles. 6 Blasters over 3 squads who can all move 12 and shoot (if they are embarked)

Anything that may be assualting has Pg's and agonisers, with the exception of the bikes, who if all goes according to plan, will be taking out small squads of elites and pesky vehicles who like to hide.

Tournament Stats -

1 HQ - 10.86%
    1 Fast - 11.86%
    6 Troops - 45.73%
    1 Elite - 12.6%
    2 Heavy - 18.66%

Am not to fond of Reaver jetbikes i only tried them out in a tournie game and they ended up not doing enything =/.

Personally i would ditch the jetbike squad Add a extra Ravager as this will give you extra Anti-horde fire power aswell as Mech type armys. I would also ditch the lords jetbike and add him to the wych squad as he has a better chance of winning combats against Strong CC opponent squads if his with the wychs.

Also you should be left with some points to spend elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List looks nice. I like reavers personally (using the same setup you've got here, though a punisher for the succubus is very nice if you can find the 5pts) though a lot of guys disagree.
    As for the horrorfex I'm petty sure the 5th ed FAQ says that they should be counted as defensive weapons, which means that they can now be fired in addition to other armaments.
    Cheers
    Nurse by day, Haemonculus by night

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Praeda View Post
    Hey Guys,

HQ
    If you keep him on a bike you should give the Archon a punisher and tormenter helm. It's only a few points more and oh so effective. (Hooray for using 2-Handed weapon on a bike.)

Fast
    I'm personally in the anti-reaver camp, but I've only tried them a couple of times.

Elites

Troops (686 pts)

Heavy

Actually, now that I've considered, I'd drop the dark lance from both ravagers, you already have 9 of them, that should be plenty. (Of course, it'd be nice if I could find a place to take points away from your list but only thing I can see is the horror fexes, which I'm personally not fond of.)

No, the bonuses to stats for the bike is already added into the squad's stats.

I'd rather just fire the DL. If you run the other squad in front they'll just mow the 5 man squad down first.

Tournament Stats -

1 HQ - 10.86%
    1 Fast - 11.86%
    6 Troops - 45.73%
    1 Elite - 12.6%
    2 Heavy - 18.66%

And yeah, I think this list will be competitive.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMatty View Post
    I like reavers personally (using the same setup you've got here, though a punisher for the succubus is very nice if you can find the 5pts) though a lot of guys disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    If you keep him on a bike you should give the Archon a punisher and tormenter helm. It's only a few points more and oh so effective. (Hooray for using 2-Handed weapon on a bike.)
    The Reaver Jetbike entry says that "Characters riding a Reaver Jetbike may only be armed with single-handed weapons, and may only use one at a time" I thought the Codex entry (No matter how antiquated) overruled that in the rule book. Is this listed in an FAQ somewhere? because i can't seem to find it, and it seems to be common knowledge.

I figured it would be an exploitation of the rules to have the bikes at T5, but I doesn't interrupt my plans too much

I've been doing a bit of reading on the horrorfexes, and it seems that the general concensus is that they can't pin fearless units (although through an old codex and dodgy wording, they can.), so I'll replace them with an extra disintegrator.

Thanks for your help guys... I'm in the pro-reaver camp. Too many times they've scored hits on whirlwinds and basilisks, or acted as excellent diversionary units, and objective grabbers/deniers, so they'll stay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The FAQ you're looking for is
    http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...th_Edition.pdf
    Note that it says the ENTIRE entry should be replaced with the new rules for eldar jetbikes, which have no restrictions on 2-handed weapons (just noticed when I checked it a moment ago that I was wrong about the horrorfex though, it's no longer a defensive weapon - I'm still debating whether I should fess up to the ork player I pinned all game last weekend, lol).
    Enjoy
    Nurse by day, Haemonculus by night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks mate.

The australian GW site still hasn't updated the FAQ's, and that's where I was getting my info from, So having the updated FAQ changes a few things...

Thanks for the help.

Updated List:
    Upgraded Power Weapons on Archon & RJB Succy to TH & Punisher, Dropped Horrorfexes as they aren't Defensive weapons anymore

HQ
    167 - Archon - Reaver Jetbike, Punisher, Tormentor Helm, Combat Drugs, Shadow Field, Plasma Grenades

Fast
    183 - Reaver Jetbikes x 5, 2 Blasters, Succubus with Punisher, Tormentor Helm & Plasma Grenades

Elites

Troops (686 pts)

Heavy
    140 - Ravager, 2 x Disintegrators, Night Shields

140 - Ravager, 2 x Disintegrators, Night Shields

All in all, I think it's a fairly solid list. Hopefully it serves me well... Now... to buy some ravagers...

- P

+ Reply to Thread