quick 1500pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quick 1500pt list

any comments?

196pts- hive tyrant, wings, Twin-linked Devourers, toxin sacs, enhanced Senses, Warp Field

83pts- Broodlord, extended carapace, feeller tendrills
    160pts- 8 geenstealers, extended carapace

80pts- lictor
    80pts- lictor

120pts-15 termigaunts, scuttlers
    120pts-15 spine gaunts, WoN
    120pts-15 spine gaunts, WoN
    180pts-15 hormies, toxin sacs

40pts- ravener with tallons and claws

140pts- fex with 2x tallons, tusked, carapace and glands
    140pts- fex with 2x tallons, tusked, carapace and glands
    70pts- Zoanthrope, synapse creature, warp blast, catalyst
    70pts- Zoanthrope, synapse creature, warp blast, catalyst

Dark Eldar: 9/1/2 Winning streak: 6
    Tyranids: 16/3/4 Winning Streak: 8
    inquisition:4/0/3 Winning streak:0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The list is a lot different then what I personally run, but here's a few thoughts:

The Tyrant seems expensive, a large part of that is the devourer setup, but the other large contributor is the warpfield, I'd consider dropping it.
    I like your broodlord, in fact I've got the exact same unit myself
    The lictors are good, so no comments there, but your troops seem very expensive, for starters taking two units with without number is a big gamble, its unlikely that your opponent will destroy both units early on, so you lose out on some of the effectiveness and if he does, you're more or less giving away killpoints... and its also expensive.
    I cant see many uses for the scuttling termies, apart from joining the Broodlord for some infiltrating? Otherwise, they'll most likely be out of synapse range and thus useless.

I've never used raveners, but probably will since they look so sexy :p
    I wouldnt, however, use just one... I think they suffer from same problem that Lictors do, if you take just one, they'll get shot to pieces before they accomplish much, its probably even worse for Raveners since they cant assault when they arrive, if using deepstrike.

Personally I favour bonded exoskeleton over extended carapace, since most things with a hig enough strength to worry a fex, usually has a very low AP anyways, and again, its cheaper.

I thought your zoanthropes were a very expensive, but as it turns out, thats the least of their worries... they're not legal! You can effectively only give 2 psychic powers to a zoanthrope, since warp field counts as the first of their 3 powers.

Overall, I think your support units (Hive Tyrant, Lictors and Fex'es) are solid, but there's not much meat to the list, I'd be worried about running out of troops, even with without numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon

Chaos is for life, not just for Christmas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like where your head's at with this list. I've been running lictors and flanking stealers more and more, and have been loving it.

My suggestion would be to focus more on that a little more. I say dump the termagaunts and hormagaunts, they're too expensive for what they do, and get another squad of scuttling genestealers to support your broodlord.

Then add in another squad of spinegaunts to beef up your troop numbers a little more.

Also, a single ravenor isn't going to accomplish a whole lot. I would either get rid of him all together, or make him into a squad of 2-3.

As for the zoanthropes, I'm debating what I think about them. Personally, I never have a whole lot of success with warpblast, and much prefer synapse and psychic scream, but that's moslty personal preference, so I'll leave that up to you. Also, Gorbass is right, they're illegal. You can only give them 2 powers.

You may also want to consider changing one of those CC fexes into a sniperfex. They don't really kill vehicles on their own anymore, but they work great in tandem with a CC fex, because they can usually stop a vehicle from moving or at least shooting while your other fex gets its claws on it.

I'm not really sure how all of these can work out points-wise, I'm at work now, and don't have access to any codexes, but you can work off any of those suggestions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah, woops, i forgot warp field was already included in the zoanthropes pyschic powers! the plan with all the gaunts is to use 1 unit of spinegaunts as a shileld for the hormies and and biger bugs and send the 2nd afer an objective or to distract and enimy unit. once they die they can come back on and claim objectives or do whatever is needed. the scuttling termies are purly for a suprise! i haven't tried outflanking these units before, so i thort i'd give it a go! also, when units arive from reserv, either outflanking or normal, they are not subject to any rulls forcing it to move in as specific direction or stoping it from moving at all on the first turn, so they get a WHOLE turn to act as normal, before the synapse rulls kick in! also, with kill poionts and without number, the unit MAY come back on once destroyed, they don't have to!

i know a lot of people don't like to use lictors, but if used proparly, they can be awsome! a reroll or 2 can be very helpful for helping your reservs to turn up when you want them to. also if i deepstike them corectly, i can get them to charge in along with the hormies giving me 45 rerollable S4 atacks! provieded they are all still there! and in case the openent manages to take some out before hand, i'll try and cast catylest in there, so they all get to attack. try to never forget that feeler tendrils gives preferd enemy to any unit within 2"!

i do agree the ravaner is probably just a points sink, but i waned a little extra combat suport, and i just hapend to have 40pts left! i could probably do without the scuttler and 2nd WoN unit. if i drop them, i could buy an extra 18 gaunts. i think i might drop the Won on one unit and a ravener to buy an extra unit of 15 spinegaunts. i duno with the fexes, i see everyone here on LO using the devour combo on almost EVERY big bug, but i've never been a big fan of shooty fexes, always prefered my combat ones! and now they can run i've been using them even more!
    Dark Eldar: 9/1/2 Winning streak: 6
    Tyranids: 16/3/4 Winning Streak: 8
    inquisition:4/0/3 Winning streak:0

+ Reply to Thread