1850 pts - Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

1850 pts - Tournament

1850 Pts - Eldar Roster - Tournament

HQ:
    ---------------------------
    1 Avatar @ 155 Pts

1 Farseer @ 90 Pts
    Doom; Runes of Witnessing (RofWit);

ELITES:
    --------------------------
    8 Striking Scorpions @ 180 Pts
    Striking Scorpion Exarch
    Shadowstrike; Stalker; Scorpion Claw (SClaw);

TROOPS:
    --------------------------
    10 Wraithguard @ 396 Pts
    1 Spiritseer (Warlock)
    Enhance ; Spiritseer Upgrade;

10 Wraithguard @ 396 Pts
    1 Spiritseer (Warlock)
    Enhance ; Spiritseer Upgrade;

10 Dire Avengers @ 162 Pts
    Dire Avenger Exarch
    Defend (D); Power Weapon; Shimmershield (Sshld)

10 G Storm Squad @ 127 Pts
    Flamer (x2)
    1 Warlock
    Destructor;

FAST ATTACK:
    -------------------------------
    8 Warp Spiders @ 213 Pts
    Warp Spider Exarch
    Withdraw; Powerblades (Pb)

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    -------------------------------
    Wraithlord @ 130 Pts
    Flamer (x2); Wraithsword (Ws); Starcannon (StrCan)

Total Roster Cost: 1849

I'm tinkering with using Wraithguard more now, as the 5th rules give them good cover, and running means I can get them up to the enemy quickly. Also they are T6 meaning it will be hard for opponents to get the KP or to dislodge them from an objective.

In a DoW deployment it also means I can have two WG squads an the Avatar in the center of the board during deployment =)

Somethings I'm not sure about are the Storm guardians, the DAs, and the Scorpions. These are things I put in to try and round out the list some and allow some more troops in the list. I thought flanking Scorpions and Deep Striking Spiders would give me some added mobility and let me get reserves to where they need to be.

Any thoughts on possible swaps and such are greatly appreciated, and I have pretty much anything for swapping. I don't have another Wraith Lord, but may consider getting one if people think it advantageous

Arvan'drynn Craftworld - 15,000pts (deceased)
    Tau - 2,000 points (atomized while on patrol)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good list, especially because I love WG. A couple things to add, the storm guardians, the DA, and the warp spiders.

I have found that warp spiders work best w/out and exarch and in groups of ten. For the same amount that you have spent on the exarch you could fill out the squad to ten and be one point away from giving the scorpions an extra man.

On the DA and guardians, this will change depending on what you prefer. If you are going to take the storm guardians would it not be better to give the DA only blade storm? This would cost signifigantly less and would boost your fire power as your troop core does not have alot of shooting power past 12". You could use the extra points to give your farseer more stuff, or fill out the scorpions or spiders. If you are set on the DA load out then would it not be better to change the guardians into defenders and give them a SL? Again adds to the fire power and will give your core more punch.

Just my thoughts,

Tikidude92

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everybody who remebers me I'm back after a long reprieve!!!!

I agree with tikidude92, on most of his points, one thing I would like to add adresses the WL and the WG.

The WL looks good but I might be tempted to put dual BL on him or a BL and an EML for the AT as you don't have an abundance of it. For the WG I might consider giving the warlock a Destructor but that is personal preferance.

Nice to be back and the best of luck to you,

Kaleo101

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

enhance is really nice on the wraithguard, thought ive found they tend to be alot better with proper CC backup staying near them, somehting really scary like a 6 man harlie unit. Wraithguard are very good dont get me wrong but they have no power weapon that means even 1 or 2 terminators in combat ends 400 points. if you can get a nice unit to make a counter charge as soon as you take one on them, you are alot ebtter off.

of coarse with wraithguard aswell due to your short range, if you do fail, you are going to be taking a charge from anything you shoot at.

I have seen a veteran sergeant and 2 marines kill off a squad of these before, or an emporors champion hack them down solo.

You lack anti tank quite badly and dont really have anything quick enough to get side armour on vehicles. I guess your theory would be that the wraithlord takes the fire from thier tanks long enough for the wraithguard to get in, but it so seldom works out that way.As someone else said, putting 2 bright lances on the wraithlord would make people alot more likely to shoot it, and possibly making the above idea far more effective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

A lot of good ideas here =) Thank you greatly for them. You are definitely right about the CC issues of Wraithguard. Thats the big reason for the WL and Avatar. Though the WL is really just decent in CC, the Avatar is the CC powerhouse.

That makes me think the WL would be better served with a BL and EML, just to get the extra shot =)

As for helping out the WG in CC, I was thinking the Storm Guardians would be useful here, but again, I know they can get cut down pretty easy.

Do you think Shining Spears might work somwhere in this list? Possibly by removing the DA and SG, I could throw in some GJBs and tool up my Farseer to ride. Then toss in some Spears as well. That would give me the MCs and the WG on foot and most others either on JBs or Deepstriking. Thoough I may have to remove the Scorpions to make up for points.

Here's the idea. It would be a very "In your face" type of list I think.

1 Avatar @ 155 Pts

1 Farseer @ 163 Pts
    Doom ; Mind War ; Runes of Witnessing (RofWit); Spirit Stones (PpStn); Eldar Jetbike (EJ;
    Singing Spear (SSpr);

10 Wraithguard @ 396 Pts
    1 Spiritseer (Warlock)
    Enhance ;

10 Wraithguard @ 396 Pts
    1 Spiritseer (Warlock)
    Enhance ;

3 Guardian Jetbike Squadron @ 76 Pts
    Shuriken Cannon (SCan) (x1);

3 Guardian Jetbike Squadron @ 76 Pts
    Shuriken Cannon (SCan) (x1);

5 Shining Spears @ 237 Pts
    Shining Spears Exarch
    Skilled Rider; WithDraw; Star Lance (SL);

8 Warp Spiders @ 193 Pts
    Warp Spider Exarch
    Death Spinner x2

1 Wraithlord @ 155 Pts
    Flamer (x2); Bright Lance (BL); Missile Launcher (ML)

The model count drops a bit, but the rest of the army past the MCs and WG are much faster. Still somewhat short ranged, but hard hitting at 12" and on into CC. The Farseer's Mind War power is specifically for the Vet. Sergeants with Power Fists.

With the WL using the EML and BL, the Warpspiders dropping in behind the enemy, the Star Lance on the SS Exarch, I think I can take armor. The Avatar and the Spears are also good CC for helping the WG. The GJB's are useful for quick land grabs.

And of course the WG are good at close shooting and generally being scary.
    Last edited by darquewing; November 13th, 2008 at 17:13.
    Arvan'drynn Craftworld - 15,000pts (deceased)
    Tau - 2,000 points (atomized while on patrol)

+ Reply to Thread