1500 Eldar tournament list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Eldar tournament list

Hey just wanted to get your opinions on a 1500 point list I am thinking of running i a tournament.

1 Farseer with doom, fortune, spirit stones, runes of warding(took this because there are a lot of eldar and lash of submission armies), and singing spear. 148 points

1 Autarch with warp jump generator, fusion gun, mandiblasters, and a power weapon (he goes with the warp spiders). 125 points

9 Dire Avengers with a 2 avenger catapult and bladestorm exarch. 152 points

10 Guardian defenders with scatter laser(needed another troop and can't afford more DAs) 95 points

6 Pathfinders 144 points

7 Striking scorpions with a scorpions claw, shadow strike, and stalker (had 5 points to kill) exarch in a wave serpent(shriken cannons, and no upgrades) 280 points

5 Fire Dragons in a wave serpent(same as the scorpion's) 180 points

4 Dark Reapers with a tempest launcher, crack shot exarch 217 points

5 Warp Spiders with a 2 death spinner, power blades exarch 159 points

any input would be appriciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dropping down to 5 rangers instead of 6 pathfinders and dropping stalker would give you the points to change thenguardians into a 2nd sq of DAs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mistake, I meant i don't have the money to get more Dire Avengers right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah ok then. still dropping down to rangers would free up 40 points. maybee another 2 scorpions? - btw stalkers well worth it if your outflanking as you can still get a nice cover save whilst approaching your target.

could also pick up a warlock/conceal for the guardians

is the plan for the farseer to be with the scorpions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The plan is for the farseer to go with the dire avengers.

Also I plan on outflanking the scorpions in the wave serpent, so stalker was just something extra I could afford.

The 6 pathfinders give me something that my army has been lacking up till this point, and that is long ranged weapons against things with a 2+ armor save, and monstrous creatures. They also tend to absorb a lot of firepower thanks to that 2+ cover save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice.

I dont have much to say, but if you Outflank your Scorpions in their Serpent it will create a HUGE lapse in the effectiveness of your list. This is because in the beginning of the game you will only have one vehicle on the board and that vehicle's survival is critical here as you have no other means of destroying armor other than the Autarch's single shot. If your Dragons go down enemy vehicles will continue to lay fire on your troops and if they are transports they will continue to avoid the assaults of your slow troops. And then when your Scorpions Outflank, all that power will just redirect towards their Wave Serpent forcing the Scorpions to march across the field while taking fire.

A few other things too:

I dont really know where your Farseer is going, so i dont know what he is supposed to be Fortuning, but from what i see i think it could be dropped along with the stones to save 50 pts. Runes are always useful

Also swapping the Scorpions for Banshees would be a better use of points IMHO because then the two vehicles would begin on the table and the fire on them would (hopefully) be more spread out. (other reasons for Banshees later)

I personally would drop the Autarch in place for more Spiders, as they are really not the greatest in combat and are much more useful using 2 str6 shots than 1 str3 attack. For this reason i would also drop Powerblades and keep them away from assaults as much as possible.

Another use for the Autarchs points is upgrades for the Serpents! Tank busting weapons would really benefit you here (BL or EML). Also i recommend boosting the Banshees to 10 and giving the Exarch and Executioner. Any spare points could go to the Reapers and more Spiders.

Doing all of this would really balance your capabilities in a tournament. You now have decent anti- MEQ/Horde/Armor.

If you dont have Banshees at your disposal i highly recommend dropping the vehicles all together and running an infantry based list. Scorpions in Serpents prove their points better in smaller games where they are the only vehicle or in high point games where there are lots of vehicles on the table to spread fire.

If you do this an Avatar would be a great option and you would then have use for Fortune on the Farseer. Scorpions are great too. Yeah, pretty much everything else your list has would fit an infantry base. Althought my first priority would be to up the Spiders in this case. but if you were to do this i recommend some means of anti-armor, like Wraithlords perhaps. That may be hard to fit in...

Although you may know a bit about the local players so its all up to you.

I didnt intend to say so much, but as soon as i started i noticed a few other things that could be tuned up a bit.

I hope that helps! Good luck in the tournament!
    As all men must thank the progenitors, so we must endure the present that those who come after may continue the greater work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the suggestions.

I will have to try not outflanking the scorpions.

The point of the fortune/doom farseer is to go with the Dire Avengers to add survivability to my only movable troop. The guardians tend to sit back and take pot shots with the scatter laser as 10 guardians die really fast if not in cover, and the pathfinders are meant to infiltrate closer to a second objective.

Losing the autarch is an interesting idea. In my experience he has really changed the game for me with the spiders. I have turned a game from a stomp into a tie with just the spiders and the autarch.

At the same time the points he would clear up would allow me to take EMLs on the scorpion's Wave Serpant.

Thanks for the ideas, I will have to try them out.

+ Reply to Thread