1750 new to eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 new to eldar

what do you think of my list?

HQ
    Autarch w/ warp jump generator, scorpion sword, lasblaster = 101

farseer w/stones, doom, guide = 120

ELITES
    fire dragons - 6 w/ upgrade to exarch w fire pike (go with falcon) = 116

TROOPS
    rangers - 5 w/ pathfinders = 120

dire avengers - 10 w/ exarch - two catapults, bladestorm = 152

guardians - 19 w/ warlock - enhance and eml = 212

FAST ATTACK
    warp spiders - 10 w/ exarch - additional death spinner power blades and withdraw = 262

swooping hawks 2 squads of 5 w/ exarch - skyleap = 264

HEAVY
    falcon w/ eldar missile launcher and holo-fields = 170 - takes fire dragons

fire prism * 2 = 230

I have every thing other than one of the prism's the rangers and the warp spiders.

also forgot I have 2 wraith lords 3 bikes a viper and an avatar.

So what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lose the hawks, I never find them usefull. Instead use the bikes the avatar and if it fits the vyper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I'd say get the autarch a power weapon, drop a group of hawks if they are a grenade pack delivery system two groups is a bit much ( if you plan on actually landing them and shooting/threatening tanks two maybe ok ). Either make the guardians stormies or give the warlock a different power, conceal or embolden would be good choices. They aren't designed for combat and enhance doesn't seem like it would make them a unit you'd want to get stuck in with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

not a bad start at all, however you will find that the guardians work the best when paired with the avatar, and really the autarch is great but... not very useful ever... It took me a bit but i finally stopped taking it after about the 15th game or so that it did nothing other than die quickly...

Also, unfortunately unless you are going to be playing little bugs or massed infantry gaurdsmen, then you really don't need the swooping hawks, hell the only reason they are still there in my opinion is because of baharoth, there was a time when it was worth it to take the squad but even then it was only as an exarch delivery system, however they are very cool models and I personally like the story behind them, so maybe just drop one squad and keep the other.

So, instead of the autarch, and one squad of hawks, take instead the avatar, Also you could maybe even try it out with one less prism and take the bikes as well.

and I would give the warlock either destructor or conceal, unless you dont take the avvy and then I would definately give the warlock embolden... Well that is all I have for ya at the moment...
    Slaanesh, god of the beer goggles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing with the avatar is when i watch my friend play he has one and it dies first turn every game...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

If the Avatar is fortuned and most times even if it isn't it takes most of an armies shooting to drop it. With multiple wounds, good toughness, good armor save, and a fair inv save It can be quite a bullet sponge. Most people run it as a distraction if the enemy is pumping most of its fire at him the rest of your army is free to move and set up for the kill. If they don't it can still do a fair bit of damage for its points when it reachs the enemy lines.

I personally like the autuarch a bit expensive but they can be kitted out to match what you need in a squad. the jet bike mandiblaster laser lance autuarch is fast, durable (for eldar anyway) and packs a decent punch on the charge. give one a fusion gun and wings and drop him in with hawks or a generator and slip him into a spider unit. In either one he can be a second power weapon which will let them go toe to toe with anything but full on assault units or peel off and tank hunt on his own. Price to some extent and more so the farseers being so useful is generally what keeps them out of my lists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    Autarch w/ warp jump generator, power weapon, mandiblasters, death spinner = 120

farseer w/stones, doom, guide, runes of witnessing = 130

ELITES
    fire dragons - 6 w/ upgrade to exarch w fire pike, crack shot (go with falcon) = 121

TROOPS
    rangers - 10 w/ pathfinders = 240

dire avengers - 10 w/ exarch - two catapults, bladestorm = 152

guardians - 19 w/ warlock - embolden, shining spear, and eml = 205

FAST ATTACK
    warp spiders - 10 w/ exarch - additional death spinner power blades and withdraw = 262

swooping hawks - 5 w/ exarch - skyleap = 132

HEAVY
    falcon w/ eldar missile launcher and holo-fields = 170 - takes fire dragons

fire prism * 2 = 230

I want to try out the autarch before I remove him from my list.
    Last edited by skrim d; November 19th, 2008 at 22:28.

+ Reply to Thread