First 1000 Campaign and 1500 Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First 1000 Campaign and 1500 Tournament

Assuming whether or not I get my stealth suits in my 1500 point list is going to be changing.

Both lists are very similar.

HQ
    1x Shas'el Commander (MP, PR) TA, HWMT 97 points

Elite
    1x Shas'ui XV8 (TLMP) TA 53 points

Heavy Support
    1x Hammerhead Railgun, Burstcannons, MT, TA (included), DP 165 Points
    1x Broadside Shas'ui Team Leader SMS, TLRG, AdvSS, HWDC + 1 Shield drone 100 points
    1x Broadside Shas'ui Team Leader SMS, TLRG, AdvSS, HWDC + 1 Shield drone 100 points

Troops
    3x 11 Fire Warriors 110x3=330 points

Which puts me just over at 1025. I wish I could bond the Fire warriors. Let me know what you think.

As for the 1500
    HQ

Elite
    2x Shas'ui XV8 (PR, MP) MT 62 points
    1x 3 Stealth Team 90 Points

Heavy Support

Troops
    3x 11 Fire Warriors +1 Shas'ui Team leader (Bonded) 135x3=405 points
    1x 20 Kroot 140 Points

Puts me at 1362 points.. So I'm thinking it's time to invest in another hammerhead and merge the broadside team. Let me know of some other options. Thanks in advance.

Edit: For the 1500, I realize I can probably merge the Deathrains and seperate the Fireknife suits and instead give them team leader getting them a HWMT + TA to boost up some points?

Edit2: For oppenants, it's resonably spread out, I'm playing anything and everything, but there are a more SM + Chaos units, and at least 1 of everything else (orcs nids tau eldar IG nercrons etc)

Last edited by tidomann; November 19th, 2008 at 06:46.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for the 1000 pt. list i think you have your math wrong. the list comes out to 995 not 1025. i would drop the a.s.s. on the broadsides because you can just put them on top of a big hill or building and they will be able to see everything. i played a game just last saturday and i put my three broadsides on top of a house near the back of my army and they didnt move and ended up taking out everything they wanted to becasue they could see everything. plus you have the hammerhead which will be able to move and see any unit hiding behind cover, so instead i would give them a targeting array to increase their BS so they have a better chance of hitting.

for the 1500 pt. list, i think you have too many elites choices. you can only take 3 choices and you seem to have 4. also you have the points listed for the 2 man choice as 62 pts., this cant be. 2 suits with that compostion would be 124 pts. What you can do to fix this problem is make the 2 single man suit choices and make them 1 choice. then make 1 of them a team leader and give him a hard wired target lock. you can do the same thing for the other 2 man choice. this way you can fire at potentially 4 different targets if you choose to. if you're going to take stealth suits, take a full squad of 6 not 3, because 3 is very ineffective. also for the stealth suits, i like to take one as a team leader with a bonding knife, hardwired drone controller and a shiled drone and give the team 2 fusion blasters. you can also give them all targeting arrays. this will however make them really expensive. but its an option to consider. also some people like to just take a 6 man squad with a team leader, a drone controller and a marker drone. these are all viable options but its really up to you. (as a side note, for anyone who reads this, im not here to debate whether or not you think these are good options to take, i merely posed them as options that can possibly be a good choice to take). for the broadsides, i would do the same thing as i stated above for the 1000 pt. list. for the kroot, instead of taking 1 choice of 20, i would recommend taking 2 teams of 10 with possibly some hounds. i find this to be a better option because of a few reasons. first, with 2 teams you can pottentially get into close combat with 2 different enemy squads tying up both squads for a turn or more. second it means that there or more of your units for your enemy to shoot at causing them to split their fire. and third, with 2 units you can use them as a shield for alot more units at different spots on the board. on the down side though, it means having another kill point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    for the 1000 pt. list i think you have your math wrong. the list comes out to 995 not 1025. i would drop the a.s.s. on the broadsides because you can just put them on top of a big hill or building and they will be able to see everything. i played a game just last saturday and i put my three broadsides on top of a house near the back of my army and they didnt move and ended up taking out everything they wanted to becasue they could see everything. plus you have the hammerhead which will be able to move and see any unit hiding behind cover, so instead i would give them a targeting array to increase their BS so they have a better chance of hitting.

for the 1500 pt. list, i think you have too many elites choices. you can only take 3 choices and you seem to have 4. also you have the points listed for the 2 man choice as 62 pts., this cant be. 2 suits with that compostion would be 124 pts. What you can do to fix this problem is make the 2 single man suit choices and make them 1 choice. then make 1 of them a team leader and give him a hard wired target lock. you can do the same thing for the other 2 man choice. this way you can fire at potentially 4 different targets if you choose to. if you're going to take stealth suits, take a full squad of 6 not 3, because 3 is very ineffective. also for the stealth suits, i like to take one as a team leader with a bonding knife, hardwired drone controller and a shiled drone and give the team 2 fusion blasters. you can also give them all targeting arrays. this will however make them really expensive. but its an option to consider. also some people like to just take a 6 man squad with a team leader, a drone controller and a marker drone. these are all viable options but its really up to you. (as a side note, for anyone who reads this, im not here to debate whether or not you think these are good options to take, i merely posed them as options that can possibly be a good choice to take). for the broadsides, i would do the same thing as i stated above for the 1000 pt. list. for the kroot, instead of taking 1 choice of 20, i would recommend taking 2 teams of 10 with possibly some hounds. i find this to be a better option because of a few reasons. first, with 2 teams you can pottentially get into close combat with 2 different enemy squads tying up both squads for a turn or more. second it means that there or more of your units for your enemy to shoot at causing them to split their fire. and third, with 2 units you can use them as a shield for alot more units at different spots on the board. on the down side though, it means having another kill point.

First I'd like to say, thanks for the quick reply You are right, the math was wrong and it is 995, which is nice I don't need to make any changes. As for the 2 man squad, I forgot to multiply 62x2. Sadly, my order of the other 3 stealth suits won't be arriving for another week, so chances are I'll be scraping the entire unit. I really like the idea of having them deep strike and tank bust, but at the same time it seems like it's alot of points that are going to die unless I can get them some cover after deep striking and firing. Or as an alternative the fusion blasters do wonders against TEQ and MEQ, and potentially I can get them 18" away after firing with perfect distance. But all that will have to wait until next week.

New lists:
    1000 Point
    HQ

Elite

Heavy Support
    1x Broadside Shas'ui Team Leader SMS, TLRG, TA, HWDC + 1 Shield drone 100 points
    1x Broadside Shas'ui Team Leader SMS, TLRG, TA, HWDC + 1 Shield drone 100 points

Troops
    3x 11 Fire Warriors 110x3=330 points

995 Point Total

1500 Tourny Point list
    HQ

Elite
    1x Shas'ui XV8 (TLMP) TA 53 points + 1 Shas'ui Team Leader XV8 (TLMP) TA, HWTL 116 points
    1x Shas'ui Team leader XV8 (PR, MP) TA, HWMT 77 points
    1x Shas'ui Team leader XV8 (PR, MP) TA, HWMT 77 points

Heavy Support

Troops
    3x 11 Fire Warriors +1 Shas'ui Team leader (Bonded) 135x3=405 points
    2x 14 Kroot 196 Points

Bringing me to 1430.
    Last edited by tidomann; November 19th, 2008 at 17:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the 1000 pt. list looks great.

for the 1500 pt. list i would still make the 2 1-man suits, 1 2-man suit choice with the team leader having a target lock because it means that you will have 1 less kill point, but its really up to you. i see that in the 1000 pt. list you changed the a.s.s. to targeting arrays for the broadsides but not in the 1500 pt. list. i would still recommend changing the a.s.s. to targeting arrays for this list too. also like i said in my last post, for the kroot, if you can, give them some hounds. they're cheaper than regular kroot, they have double the attacks of regular kroot, and have a good Initiative so they will most of the time strike first in CC meaning that it will deny some attacks back. other than that its a good list and it looks like you have some extra points to add more stuff to it.

+ Reply to Thread