[1850] Tournament All-Comers List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1850] Tournament All-Comers List

HQ:

Farseer ( Doom, Guide, Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Singing Spear )
    Farseer ( Guide, Mind War, Spirit Stones, Singing Spear )

Troops:

Dire Avengers ( 10 w/ Exarch, Bladestorm, DualSC ) + Wave Serpent ( Spirit Stones, TwinLink EML, Shuriken Cannon )

Dire Avengers ( 10 w/ Exarch, Bladestorm, DualSC ) + Wave Serpent ( Spirit Stones, TwinLink EML, Shuriken Cannon )

Rangers ( 6 )

Rangers ( 6 )

Fast Attack:

Warp Spiders ( 9 w/ Exarch, DualDS )

Elite(s):

Striking Scorpions ( 10 w/ Exarch, ShadowStrike, Stalker, Scorpion's Claw )

Heavy Support:

Wraithlord ( EML + Bright Lance, 2x Flamer )

Wraithlord ( EML + Bright Lance, 2x Flamer )

Models: 53
    Vehicles: 2
    MC's: 2

The Wraithlords and Pathfinders will form the anvil of the force, with the PF's able to take objectives, and the WL's providing anti-tank or anti horde (whatever is necessary). The other Farseer will join one of the DA squads to provide a guide and Doom to any targets that need it. Primary role for them is objective taking. The Warp Spiders provide support. The Scorpions will either infiltrate in, to provide early pressure, or stay around the Pathfinders to provide anti-assault.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

I rather like the setup you have going here, but there are some things that might do with a bit of tweaking.

Both farseers have guide, but everything in this list is WS 4+ or better. I can see guiding the Wraithlords as the few but powerful shots from the WLs can prove vital. But the DAs are pretty darn good on their own. Usually it's the wounding they need help with. Also, his Mind War power might have trouble reaching if he is in the back field.

My suggestion there is exchanging Guide for MW on the front Farseer, and dropping Guide and the Spirit Stones on the rear Farseer.

As for the Wraithlords, giving one a Starcannon instead of EML gives you a good termie killer and the other a good tank killer.

The EMLs and Shuriken Cannon work well on the Serpents =) Most of my opponents hate seeing transports armed like tanks... and still moving faster than anything on the board.

Only other thing I can say is just be careful with your DAs. They can hit hard and take objectives if used right, but letting them out too early could ruin your day.
    Arvan'drynn Craftworld - 15,000pts (deceased)
    Tau - 2,000 points (atomized while on patrol)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking that I'd rather drop Mind War from the rear Farseer. The troops I won't have a problem with, my current lists lacked proper AT. I do agree that changing one of the WL's to Star Cannon + BL is a good choice, as it adds to anti-MC and anti Terminator. Guided it would nearly guarantee me 3 wounds a turn at AP2. I'm also considering dropping the runes of warding as well off of the rear Farseer. Although the points I free up don't really go a long way with the troop choices I have.

Actually I've been using AB, and if I switch from Rangers to Jetbikes I can have 3 units of 3 with Shuriken Cannons in each squad. But would this offset my Wraithlords too much? As they're the slowest part of the army at that point, other than the striking scorpions, but the Scorps can infiltrate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

From what I've been reading, and from some play testing, I think just dropping MW on the rear farseer is a good idea. It is true that most things you'd want to mind war have high enough Ld values that it becomes a crap-shoot on whether it will work.

So yeah, dropping it and just leaving guide would be a good idea.

As far as jetbikes, I would say just run one unit of 6 with 2 shuriken cannons if you want. The small three man units get shot to pieces pretty quick and become more of a liability in Annihilation missions. By trimming down the Farseers and dropping one unit of rangers, you should be able to fit the six bike unit. At this point, putting one FS on a jetbike might be a good idea.

Dropping two Warp Spiders would free up points for this, and not a bad idea as a ten man WS squad can be difficult to Deep Strike should you wish to.

Since your Wraithlords are fire support, I wouldn't worry too much about leaving them behind. Their weapons have a good range. Also, they are easier to deploy up front.

I would be careful on how you Infiltrate your Scorpions as it's easy to slip up and deploy them off the mark, where they get little support. On the flip side, if you deploy them in a good spot, you may have just tipped off your opponent on where you intend to strike.
    Arvan'drynn Craftworld - 15,000pts (deceased)
    Tau - 2,000 points (atomized while on patrol)

+ Reply to Thread