1k Raider Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1k Raider Army

Hiding in your house(disturbing isn't it)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

1k Raider Army

HQ

Haemonculus 80pts
    Scissorhand, Destructor, Bike

Troops

Raider Squad 150pts
    10 Warriors, Blaster, Dark Lance, Raider - Dark Lance

Raider Squad 150pts

Raider Squad 150pts

Raider Squad 150pts

Heavy Support

Ravager 105pts
    Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance

Ravager 105pts

Ravager 105pts

Total
    995pts

Vanilla list I know... when it hits 1.5k I'll be throwing in the fun stuff, but for now vanilla it is!

Just a basic raider list made for killing those nasty marines and tanks.

1st-2nd turn the whole army will fire its 17 dark lances till all tanks are toast or hurt bad enough not to be a problem anymore.

3rd-4th turn all raiders spin around and shoot the crap outta every marine in sight with their 2 dark lances and 8 splinter rifles. Ravagers will look at the tanks and say hey they're down why not kick em' (kinda self explanatory).

5th turn raiders fly over to objectives(if there aren't any they'll just finish off what they were shooting at in turn 3-4). Ravagers will finish off the surviving tanks if there is surprisingly any left, other wise they'll go try to contest my opponents objectives.

6th-7th turn if the game goes that long will have the raiders holding objectives shooting anyone in LoS or Range and ravagers killing what ever is left.

Haemonculus will be having fun the whole game toying with whoever he wants to.

If anyone got any advice let me know and if this list is the perfect thing don't hesitate to say it is, but I'm sure there's something wrong with it.

Last edited by Oyufurodai; November 21st, 2008 at 21:35.
    I thought I was smart, but apparently people don't like to take advice from beggars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Alright, Oyufurodai, lets break it down:

HQ
    A pretty good Haemie, however, it seems that you are going to let him slog it out on his own. The number rule about Haemies (apart from iving them a Destructor, good job!), is that they need a supporting unit. Putting him on a bike helps, but because he will zooming around at lightning speed will make him a number one priority. Persoanlly, I would ditch one of the Raiders (which I will explain in a minute). That way you can protect that valuable Flamer-of-Divnity-and-Torture. Seeing as how you are not running a Dracon, give the Haemie a Shadow Field. That way, you can run him solo, and he will be well protected in his own right. Oh, and don't forget about Plasma Grenades either. No good charging into cover, only to be blown to smithereens.

Troops
    They will be pretty solid enough, however, there are two major issues which would drag you down here:
    • You have a combination of Assault and Heavy Weaponry in each.
    • There is no real diversity
    Having assault and heavy weapons is a bad idea, as you cannot move and shoot with the DL, and that is a very precious weapon. You want to get that Blaster in as close as you can, and so moving, you cannot cut down enemies from afar. Consider changing the DL to a Splinter Cannon. Seeing as how you have a Chapter load of DLs anyway, consider making one of the squads a foot Warrior Squad. That way you can take two DLs, and 2 Blasters, and make them sit back as a Sniper Squad, protecting your Ravagers from those horrible Heavy Weapons. And with the exclusion of a Raider, you can keep the bike on your Haemie AND give him a Shadow Field. Everything singles itself out in the end. You could also consider changing one of the DLs on one of the Raiders to a Dissie. Blast templates are the fountain of youth in 5th Ed.

Heavy Support
    9 DLs!!!!! Major firepower! You will carve it up and serve it for dinner! Very nice, however, if you do not happen to get 1st turn, the enemy will target these babies first. So consider a Night Shield on one of them. Spread out one or two Dissies here and there, and you will have entirely effective killing machines.

Your strategy does seem really good. Just make sure that you seek cover with your Raiders, as they are made of paper. With the changes that I would suggest to make, I wouldn't see it as Vanilla at all. Have fun with the Haemie. I know I do. Keep the Ravagers at the back and just snipe down anything that is coming your way. They are too valuable to just go charging headlong into a squad full of Termies.

Anyway, I hope that I have offered help, and that you can derive a couple of things from this. Tell us how you go with this list too.

Fly High!
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

HQ

Haemonculus 105pts
    Scissorhand, Destructor, Bike, Shadow Field

Troops

Raider Squad 151pts
    7 Warriors, Blaster, Splinter Cannon
    Sybarite w/ Poisoned Blades, Splinter Pistol
    Raider - Disintegrator

Raider Squad 151pts
    Raider - Disintegrator

Raider Squad 151pts
    Raider - Disintegrator

Raider Squad 126pts
    7 Warriors, Splinter Cannon
    Raider - Disintegrator

Heavy Support

Ravager 105pts
    Dark Lance X3

Ravager 105pts
    Dark Lance X3

Ravager 105pts
    Dark Lance X3

Total
    999pts

9 Dark Lances, 4 Disintegrators, will be your doom!

Well here is the new list... I buffed everyone up a bit (thanks to your advice). I did keep the Ravagers with dark lances for that much needed anti-tank firepower, and with Haemo beefed up with that Shadow Field he should survive a lot longer to kill those dirty snipers. I want to keep the warriors shooty but in case they get into/close to CC they got some good arms to shot/fight back with.

I did my best to keep the army able to shoot and fly, and CC if necessary so let me know what you people think.

I thought I was smart, but apparently people don't like to take advice from beggars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the new list, not sure if you need the sybarites as it sounded like your raiders would be gunboats, meaning melee will only happen if you are forced to ditch your ride. You still need to protect your ravagers with night sheilds or they are going to take a lot of heat. I have always enjoyed slave snares but the night sheild needs to come first and I know people who are anti-slave snares. Overall I like it.

-crazyhorse
    NEW DARK ELDAR! Hold all armies I have a new purpose in life!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

I like the new list, not sure if you need the sybarites as it sounded like your raiders would be gunboats, meaning melee will only happen if you are forced to ditch your ride. You still need to protect your ravagers with night sheilds or they are going to take a lot of heat. I have always enjoyed slave snares but the night sheild needs to come first and I know people who are anti-slave snares. Overall I like it.

-crazyhorse

Well I threw in the Sybarite just in case I got in CC standing at more of a plan B typa guy; but yeah, I made these list to be shooty and not to get into CC unless I have to... Blasters are staying they have already proven them self useful when a Dread comes around trying to blow up a raider and then lock me into CC. Now about the Night Shields... kinda emarising lol but I don't know where it is in the codex... could you give me the page number?

Thanks for the reply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay information on how it works should be page 13 (in mine) and under the Raider/Ravager called options there is a list of upgrades and point costs.

-crazyhorse
    NEW DARK ELDAR! Hold all armies I have a new purpose in life!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Now that's what I'm talking about! That second list is absolutely killer! I am running a similar 1k list to this, and I am glad that you were able to derive some info from my reply. Kudos! Hopefully you will let the Haemy slog it with one of the Raider Squads and those Sybarites might just do the trick. But what to do about those Night Shields...
    The only thing that I can think off where you can free up the points for some of them, is to, as I said, make one of the Raider Squad a Warrior foot squad. You won't regret it when you have two DLs arching through those hardcore troops that just won't die. This will free up X points, which you can use to buy 2 Night Shields. However, there are some other changes which I would protest:
    • Change 1 Dissie on 1 Raider back to a DL
    • Remove one Poisoned Blades and give one of the Sybarites either an Agonizer OR a Punisher/T.Helm combination. Trust me you will not regret it.
    • Give another DL to the foot Warrior Squad
    • Night Shields! Don't forget them!
    If my maths are correct, you should be up to 999 as before. Then, the enemy will have something to fear. Three Ravagers. I get quivers even when I use them...

On a side note, the information for Night Shields and other Vehicles Upgrades is under, well, the Vehicle Upgrades, on the Dark Eldar summary on Pg 13. However, bare in mind that the Night Shield costs a different amount of points than for the Raider. Caution!

Hope this helps!

Fly High!
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Hey I can't find the Night shields thing in my codex I looked on every page and it doesn't have it... maybe mine has a typo or something, cause It sure ain't there. Could you PM me the night shield info?

Also on a side note I just got finished playing a 3 way 1k game with the 2nd list and I'll tell you it did a lot better than the first. I tied for first, the whole game I killed a CSM tac squad a 10 man zerkers sqaud(and rhino), one oblit, and a SW drop pod... I killed alot of SW too but not any full squads (so no kill points) except for a drop pod.

Thx for the replys I apreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread