First legal army 750 points (Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    In your fridge (your taste in food is tasty!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First legal army 750 points (Necrons

Well since i bought some Necrons over the past few weeks i decided to make a small army to start with then build on it as i play more games this is what i've got so far:

HQ - Lord - Warscythe - 110pts
    Elites - 5 Flayed Ones - 90pts
    Troops - 10 Warriors - 180pts
    10 Warriors - 180pts
    Fast Attack - 3 Destroyers - 150pts
    Heavy Support - Tomb Spyder - 55pts

Total - 755pts (I know I'm over by a few but I don't think everyone will mind but I wouldn't be surprised if there was)

Basically if I'm against a shooty army i'll walk up slowly while my spyder augments WBB while my destroyers provide cover fire (shooting at hvy wep teams, tanks with lascannons to try and stun that kind of thing) and my lord while just run up and chop some guys while flayed ones infiltrate.
    Against a choppy army I'll just hang back as he comes towrds me while my lord, spyder and flayed ones intercept and try to gut them.

Comments and Criticism please

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get credits for typing!? Soon I'll be the richest man in a poor kind of way lol

EDIT: poor joke i know but oh well it's up there now

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

because of going over 55 points, i'd drop the tomb spider for another destroyer. Tomb Spiders can only help WBB on Necrons that have multiple of the same units which right now is only your warriors but in such a small game they probably are already going to be in range each other. Tomb Spiders are good, but in large games with multiple spiders and a lot of multiple units. Not only that but Destroyers are one of the Necrons best units.

Everything else is fine for your first game, but i would suggest that from now on, post your Necron Army lists in the Necron Army List Forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi there thanks for your opinion and i didn't realise there was a seperate army lists forum whoops

but i was having the spyder in so that if a squad was shot down then i wouldn't need the other squad within 6'' for WBB since the spyder has 12'' i can spread my wariiors out to 24'' apart which would allow me to spread out my firepower if need be. Also whilst I prefer having 12 str X ap X shots the additional survivability is going to keep me in for the long run in my opinion.Also I think 3 destroyers would be enough since most enemy armour wont be too high for 750pt games.

Thanks for thw advice though I'll consider it after I've tried a few games first since after all learning from mistakes is all good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Thread moved. Welcome aboard Xirmant.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My son was in a 750 tourney this weekend. He list was:

Nightbringer
    squad of warriors
    squad of warriors

There were eight other armies in the tourney including another cron. He walked through all of them. In fact, he tabled every other opponent.

Balanced army? No, but what army is balanced at 750?

Now, my son has over 8000 points in crons, so he could have taken anything. The problem is that the crons lack in HTH. Other than a warscyth, spider, and the nightbringer, they are horible in HTH. Sure they are strong, but don't dish out much damage. So, what do you do? Bait and switch. In my son's army the nightbringer was there to draw attention away from the warriors. If his opponent spent two turns attacking the bringer, that was two turns that the warriors were not getting beat down to phase-out level.

In your case, you are just starting out and don't have all the models. So, work with what you have. You state that the lord and the flayed ones are there to intercept incoming troops. The best way to intercept incoming troops is with the end of a gun barrel. Shoot them to bitz before they get to youi. Your list looks graet for doing just that with one change, drop the flayed ones for immortals. Much better shooting and just as good in HTH.

Just my thoughts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thnx for the advice below but at 750 pts its kinda hard to fit immortals in since the minimum squad is 140 pts i would have to redesign my whole army list. Also I do hav the NB and Deciever but I wouldn't really swing towards them at those small games I would fit them in 1500+ lists. And I wouldnt really charge my lord and FO's into a full strength squad hehe

Ok heres a quick 750 list with Immortals

Necron Lord(Warscythe, VoD) - 170pts
    Immortals x 6 - 168pts
    Warriors x 12 - 216pts
    Warriors x 12 - 216pts

Total - 750pts

Flying Circus FTW!!!!

+ Reply to Thread