Freya's List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Freya's List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freya's List

So here's my attempt at a 2000pt list. I have a theme for it but here i want to get an oppinion on what to add. I think the list equal 2000pts. I'm looking for advice on what it needs and will update it when i get good advice. Thanks in advance for helping be out.

Farseer - Fourtune, Doom, Spirit stones, Runes of witnessing.

Fire Dragons - Exarch, Dragon Breath Flamer, Crackshot, 6 Dragons.

Striking Scorpions - Exarch, Scorpions Claw, Shadowstrike, 10 Scorpions

Wraithguard - Warlock, Conceal, 10 Wraithguard

Guardian Defenders - Scatter Laser, Warlock, Embolden, 10 Guardians

Guardian Jetbikes - 2 Shuriken Cannons, 6 Bikers.

Rangers - 5 Rangers

Warpspiders - Exarch, Deathspinners, Powerblades, Withdraw, 7 Spiders

Wraithlord - Brightlance, Eldar Missle Launcher.

Wraithlord - Starcannon, Shuriken Cannon.

Falcon - Pulse Laser, Eldar Missle Launcher, Holofield.

Last edited by Freya; December 23rd, 2008 at 22:04. Reason: Updating list

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still an Eldar noob myself..but i would add Dark reapers. Fire dragons in a wave serpent and Dire Avengers in wave serpents (2 of these if you can fit them in).

The Reapers and avengers would up the anti-infantry units you already have.

And if you put EML's on the serpents it will cover anti-tank along with the wraithlord and fire dragons.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

You will probably get a lot better response if you write up a whole list and then post it for critique.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Hey freya, First thought is get some troops to go get objectives your guardians and rangers can hold one in your deployment. If I recall correctly you liked the look of the wraithguard models, if you can afford them the 10 wraithguard with spiritseer count as a troop and can move forward into the enemy guns and claim an objective for you. A couple of dire avenger units would be good also if you can't afford or don't want to use wraithguard. get transports for them if you like. I remember you had 10 firedragons in your other post so why not put them in and give them a wave serpent for tank/MC hunting. If you go for the wraithguard you will want to give the warlock conceal and either change one of the powers on your farseer for fortune or get a second farseer with fortune. once you figure out which troops you want to use post up a new list with the point totals and how much you have left over. I say this because the rest of the army will look very different depending on if your using the wraithguard or not. You have a fair start with the units you have now, with some melee, shooting and a bit of AT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I'll just try putting all the stuff in. I'm just not going to to do things the same if i can't find cheap wraithguard.

Oh well, i updated the list as if i had the waithguard. (I actually only have guardians now.)

List updated at the top!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Ok looking at the full list if I did my math right I came up with 2009 points. so we need to shave a few off and try and fine tune the list at the same time.

heres the changes I came up with, first is that you have 3 units that could really benefit from fortune and no fortune, (the warlocks the avatar and the wraithguard). To help with this I dropped the warlocks the farseer can go with the wraithguard this eliminates one of the units. Next I used the saved points there to make the farseer Eldrad Ulthran. He can fortune twice a round so now if you keep the avatar close to the wraithguard both can get it.

Second thing I changed was the falcon, I'm guessing it was for the council since I pulled them out I dropped the falcon also. The points from that plus the few points I had left from the warlocks I picked up a full unit of fire dragons with exarch dragonbreath flamer and crack shot.

Last I moved the wave serpent to the fire dragons instead of the guardians normally you want guardians shooting the lovely heavy weapon every round you can.

So I ended up with a list that looks like this

HQ

Eldrad 2**

Elites

10 scorpions 207
    Exarch, scorpions claw, shadowstrike

10 firedragons 177
    Exarch, dragons breath flamer, crack shot
    Wave serpent 125
    TL scatter laser, spirit stones

Troops

10 wraithguard 396
    warlock, spiritseer, conceal

5 rangers **

10 guardians 125
    scatter laser, warlock, embolden

Fast Attack

7 warp spiders 196
    Exarch dual deathspinners, power blades, withdraw

Heavy support

Wraithlord 155
    Brightlance, missile launcher, 2 flamers

Wraithlord 155
    Brightlance, missile launcher, 2 flamers

total 1997

Would give you a big nasty block to advance on the enemy with the wraithguard avatar and wraithlords (unless you want to keep one back to guard the rangers, guardians )

the guardians and rangers hold objectives in your zone and keep putting shots out.

the scorpions inflitrate to try and cut off assault units looking to tie up the wraithguard.

Fire dragons go tank/MC hunting in the wave serpent. Put in the flamer so they can try and help against hordes also.

Last the spiders help where needed throwing out alot of shots.

Final note Big E would probably help the most but some people don't like using special characters and others don't like playing against them so as an alternative keep the farseer switch guide for fortune drop a few fire dragons and get two scatter laser war walkers. the extra shots would help thin the enemy ranks.

Tried to make the list a bit meaner with still keeping it close to what it started as. Hopefully some others will give you some ideas and you can choose what works best for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

To keep as true to your original army as possible, the one major thing I would change is to take out the warlocks, possibly in favour of some fire dragons, which can buggy around in the falcon. Trust me, is't very annoying as an opponent when you crack one of these open (finally!) only to realise that there's a unit with super melty guns inside waiting to blow the face off whatever trashed their ride.

That aside, I can't really fault it a great deal. I don't often come up against some of the aspects you've mentioned, so I can't really comment on them a great deal, but it sure as heck looks nasty!

Best of luck.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changed it up a bit to add in suggestions, like about the Fire Dragons. I like the idea about them hoping out ready to melta death. Also i would have never thought to use crack shot with the flamer. When i read it i thought the the flamer was worthless. I now stand corrected. any who i also squised somebikers in there for fast taking objectives. I get that done to me every time with ork trukks.

Now to find some cheap Wraithguard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Looks pretty good. I like the jetbikes, they can be a very useful tool to have on the last turn, especially as your other troops choices are a little defensive.

Good luck on finding the WG, I'm afraid I can't be more imaginative than to say try ebay.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

I like it overall, the bike squad is big enough to take a hit or two without running away. Hopefully you will be crushing the foolish mon-keigh in the future.

+ Reply to Thread