2000 point tau strategic list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

2000 point tau strategic list

hi i have just recently started tau and dont have many units but this is an idea for a 2000 point army because i like the idea of massed infatry plus a good helping of battlesuits. feel free to comment.

Tau 2000 points
    HQ: tau shas’o with TL flamers and ABFL, multi tracker and target lock 111p
    Ethereal 50p
    Troops: x5 12 fire warriors w/ shas‘ui have bonding knifes 705p
    12 fire warrior veterans has bonding knife 154p
    19 kroot w/ shaper 147p
    Elites: x3 3 battle suits with TL flamer and target lock + drone con. And 6 shield drones ( 2 per team) 324p

Fast attack: 8 pathfinders w/ devilfish 176p

Heavy support: 3 broadsides w/ multi tracker and target locks + drone con. And 1 gun drone and 2 shield drones 285p

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Spartan Command061's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

look for the red. Just a tip though, that layout is incredibly hard to read, look around the other lists for the more conventional layout.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelboyette View Post
    hi i have just recently started tau and dont have many units but this is an idea for a 2000 point army because i like the idea of massed infatry plus a good helping of battlesuits. feel free to comment.

Tau 2000 points
    HQ: tau shas’o with TL flamers and ABFL, multi tracker and target lock 111p
    This fella needs a lot of rethinking, firstly the general concensus is that a shas'el is better than the shas'o, as he is cheaper, and with a TA has the same BS for less points. The benefits of the shas'o are all purely CC oriented, with is worthless on any tau unit bar the kroot. Also the flamers, not a fan of them on normal suits, and REALLY not a fan on them on HQ suits. Cut him back to a shas'el fireknife, which is:

Shas'el: PR, MP, TA, HW MT @ 97pts

He provides accurate high strength shots to complement other suits and fire warrior teams

Ethereal 50p
    Unless you are taking this guy for fluff reasons, lose him, they are vulnerable from the IC rules and TLoS, plus they suck, pure and simple. If you really want BS4 fire warriors, lose him and the bodyguard for some pathfinders.

Troops: x5 12 fire warriors w/ shas‘ui have bonding knifes 705p

Bonding knives generally aren't worth it, so lose them to generate some spare capital. Also this is quite probably too many fire warriors, i would drop 1-2 squads in favour of kroot and pathfinders. This firebase will get shot and hacked to bits by every concievable army out there, it can't run, is pretty static, and in 2000pts will just get mobbed or pie plated to pieces.

12 fire warrior veterans has bonding knife 154p

Drop.

19 kroot w/ shaper 147p

Drop the shaper if you are in need of some points.

Elites: x3 3 battle suits with TL flamer and target lock + drone con. And 6 shield drones ( 2 per team) 324p

Holy moly what is this? 3 teams of flamer suits? I would suggest you axe one team, and turn them into deathrains for anti light vehicle and a good amount of high strength shots. (Deathrain = Shas'ui, TL MP, TA @ 53pts). I would also lose the drones, as they are a fairly big points sink and not that useful is you are careful with positioning.

Fast attack: 8 pathfinders w/ devilfish 176p

The devilfish NEEDS a distruption pod, as it provides a 4+ cover save unless they are within 12". Possibly look into more pathfinders.

Heavy support: 3 broadsides w/ multi tracker and target locks + drone con. And 1 gun drone and 2 shield drones 285p

These guys are either illegal (if they are in one squad) or too cheap (if they all by themselves, ie team leaders). 3 railguns isn't going to cover you in 2000pts, i would suggest 4-5, so two teams of two with Advanced stabilisers for mobility and a rail head.

So the list i would make with your army idea in mind (lots of infantry:

HQ:
    Shas'el: 97pts

PR, MP, TA

Shas'el: 97pts
    PR, MP, TA

ELITES:
    Crisis Team 1: 106pts
    x2 (
    TL MP, TA)

Crisis Team 2: 53pts
    x1 (
    TL MP, TA)

Crisis Team 3: 53pts
    x1 (
    TL MP, TA)

TROOPS:

Fire Warrior Team 1: 130pts

11 Shas'la, Pulse Rifles
    1 Shas'ui, Pulse Rifle

Fire Warrior Team 2: 130pts

11 Shas'la, Pulse Rifles
    1 Shas'ui, Pulse Rifle

Fire Warrior Team 3: 130pts
    11 Shas'la, Pulse Rifles
    1 Shas'ui, Pulse Rifle

Fire Warrior Team 4: 130pts

11 Shas'la, Pulse Rifles
    1 Shas'ui, Pulse Rifle

Kroot Carnivores 1: 112pts
    16 Kroot

Kroot Carnivores 2: 112pts
    16 Kroot

FAST ATTACK:
    Pathfinder Team 1: 96pts
    8 Pathfinders
    -Devilfish APC: 85pts
    DP

Pathfinder Team 2: 96pts
    8 Pathfinders
    -Devilfish APC: 85pts
    DP

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Broadside Team 1: 160pts
    x2 (
    ASS)

Broadside Team 2: 160pts
    x2 (
    ASS)

Hammerhead Gunship: 165pts
    RG, BC, DP, MT

TOTAL: 1997pts

I think this list still caters to your desire to field lots of fire warriors and lots of suits. I've just added some more kroot (because they're good and fluffy), more railguns and some anti transport so your railguns can focus on the big stuff. Also more markerlights to remove cover saves and boost accuracy as well as provide 2 FW teams with a means of getting to objectives.

The removal of the bodyguard may seem silly at first, but with 4 markerlight hits from each pathfinder team, that is BS5 and -2 to cover saves, or two BS5 squads, and with two units of pathfinders, thats a whole of nasty. The broadsides could maybe use a team leader with a HW TL for greater fire choices, but that would mean dropping 20pts from somewhere.

+ Reply to Thread